Old Mchamlin had a pig farm?

tadaka

Want to make sure I got this right.

Piglet stamped targets the closest non pig model in los. Being as hamlin cant be targeted do pigs not take any actions or will they just ignore him and charge some thing else.

Asuming they charge some thing else could be a lot of fun to just have a bunch of pigs running all over and hamlin running around getting objectives.

I do plan on running this I am just wondering what ever one else thinks on the targeting. I will probably proxy it up and give it a go this weekend. Personaly I think it should work just because it is awsome and well its the only way he can use the the piglets. If he takes any other models they would just smash your own units. I will see If I cant do a bat rep with it this weekend and post it up.

Not sure how controllable the piglets would be without the skeeters and gremlins to direct them. Would be funny as hell to watch as they indescriminantly charge all over the place posing as much danger to your crew as the opponents.

Would be intersted to see what the ruling would be on this though (for purely selfish reasons).

Well given the point is to take just Hamlin and pigs there would be no danger to your crew you just would not be able to control them. Basicly they run rabid over the other guy or they stand there and do nothing. Even if they ruled he could be targeted you could get it off just by parking hamlin behind a rock.

Want to make sure I got this right.

Piglet stamped targets the closest non pig model in los. Being as hamlin cant be targeted do pigs not take any actions or will they just ignore him and charge some thing else.

Asuming they charge some thing else could be a lot of fun to just have a bunch of pigs running all over and hamlin running around getting objectives.

This is full of epic win.

Thought about doing this with Teeth and hiding him. The main problem is that the pigs can't complete objectives well. They don't hold ground, they can't deliver messages or destroy evidence. It's chaos and all, but not so much on the whole 'winning the game' end of things.

Eh I dont think its going to be a solid list by any means. There are probably some missions/crews it could work vs but overall im just thinking it could be cool.

I think this would play out very very different for hamlin then it would for somer. The fact they are not insignificant for him means some missions they can do for example turf war. The pig crew would be all over the other side of the table on turn 1. not only would the other side have to deal with 10 or so rampaging pigs they would have to get them moved out of there side of the table. one of the other side makes it over to your side have hamlin charge them back over to the pig storm.

Personaly I think its bigest limit is the pigs go over one at a time and get picked off. Vs most any crew you are probably going to lose 3 pigs at least the first turn. Only real saving grace is a decent number of wounds and 6 df.

Edited by tadaka

Thought about doing this with Teeth and hiding him. The main problem is that the pigs can't complete objectives well. They don't hold ground, they can't deliver messages or destroy evidence. It's chaos and all, but not so much on the whole 'winning the game' end of things.

Old McHamelin disregards insignifigant on models in his crew if he's alive why couldn't they hold ground or deliver messages or destory evidence? Am I missing something?

Yeah you were referring to a different Master. Gotcha! Who looks silly now? That's right kids I DO!!!!!!

Edited by Apokra
i'm silly

Well that's only sort of true. Again not saying this is a valid tactic by any means but Hamlin can force them to take 1 actions if you could end them in position take the action by obedience. Pig charges only have to be taken during there activations. Very limited but it can be done.

Your right in that range is an issue so much as range is an issue for every action you take. Again not saying its a solid tactic just some thing fun to try. My point in the post was that where as with somer there is no control for this tactic to make them grab objectives this option has more but still limited control. For the most part this is a crap plan I get that. But can it work for some missions sure just not a lot. Can it be fun hell ya it can.

Having models to sac is not exactly an issue for this crew. Hamlin makes a stolen Hamlin sacs stolen makes a model do as he wishes. Hamlin sacs the rats and makes second model do what he likes. He can do this every turn no special suits required. Being that this idea cant run any thing but Hamlin and piglets using his summons to sac every turn changes nothing for the crew.

Edited by tadaka