Crew Creator (Sheer Madness)

Ratty

If poeple have a couple minutes, can they check out my excel version, i think I have everything done. Its not as flashy as Rattys page, but mine does scraps and brawls.

http://www.4shared.com/file/Y-LvhKs6/CrewCreatorRev3.html

FYI: the macro to reapply the filter sometimes does not start properly, you may need to ensure macros are working and maybe manually reapply (button on top ribbon).

Would you mind if I hosted this on Tabletop Geeks?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The Stolen are listed as "Insignificant, Soulless" in the second printing book, so doesn't seem like they removed everything.

2. Sorry I didn't pitch in more, spent a day at the girlfriend's :)

3. You people, only adding! Ratty, when Hamelin is your master, and you have Nix and some other minions, if you delete one of the other Minions then Nix gets deleted as well.

Critiques:

A thing bugging me about the interface is that the selection boxes for minions etc reset to the top once you select something. So if I want to say have Pandora with 3 Sorrows, I have to go back into the drop down for it 3 times. You should either have it stay on the previous selection or have a duplicate button on each selection in the display to on the fly add another.

Also Remaining Soulstones is badly placed, it's not intuitive to look at the bottom of the page bellow all the selection options for it. You should display Remaining SS bellow the Crew header but before the Master Entry. This makes it much easier to track how many you have left to spend.

Exporting:

Im sure you are already working on this, I think I read you mentioning it before... but you definitely want to be able to export the crew listing to plain text format, pdf format, and probably something spiffy for forum posting. You may also want to generate an encoded string that when read in by your app can compile it into a full blown list and have a place where you can enter one of these encoded strings to recompile the list. Shouldn't be hard to do at all and this would allow portability between different instances of the app without having to reenter all the data.

A small enhancement for later:

Yeah yeah Seamus is pretty, but you should vary up the displayed Master in the bottom right with whatever master the person has selected. You could even change the background color to that factions color. Right now, Seamus looks very much out of place when I'm fiddling around with a Neverborn crew etc.

Edited by karn987

Yeah I'm going to fix that Karn.. I'm currently quite busy rewriting all the back end database. The way I coded it worked but it could be much better so I've redone the database, Now I'm rewriting all the selection criteria. I will definitely get it to reselect the selected model, so you don't have to scroll down again.

As for format. I'm going to do Plain text, BBCode and have a altenative CSS for printing that lays it all out so you can just print the page.

Would you mind if I hosted this on Tabletop Geeks?

Give me until next Monday, Right now I'm hoping people will test and look for bugs or rule mistakes. I still have 1 or 2 aditions to make. I want to add a soulstone calculator, and see if I can set a rest macro so that when people unselect a master and they already have a model chosen but hidden, they can just hit the macro to set everything to 0 and not have to figure out which models they already selected but hid by accident.

Yeah I'm going to fix that Karn.. I'm currently quite busy rewriting all the back end database. The way I coded it worked but it could be much better so I've redone the database, Now I'm rewriting all the selection criteria. I will definitely get it to reselect the selected model, so you don't have to scroll down again.

As for format. I'm going to do Plain text, BBCode and have a altenative CSS for printing that lays it all out so you can just print the page.

Figured you were busy ;) Just finally got around to taking a look at it and those were my immediate critiques etc. Looks good though, DB seems rather responsive even when I try to kill it with requests =D

The DB works.. but it's a bit mad because I was just getting used to writing arrays in Javascript, it's the first time I've really programmed in it. So I didn't do it as neatly as I could have.. It works fine at the moment, but the new DB should work better when I scale up to Brawls.

I think I am doing it right,but I dont know whats going wrong so its hard to describe. With selecting Von Schill as a Master,I cant seem to select more then 2 total Friekorps models and Im fairly sure I should be able to lol. I think that was why I was having trouble.

Now if there were only a place i could look at their abilities lol. Would let me satisfy curiosity and build strategies before I buy the box or rising powers lol.

Right version 3.1 is up and running. Major changes are... well the entire database has been rewritten, had to do it.. it will make writting the code for Brawls a dodle., found a few things I missed like the Guild Hounds.

Didn't set it to keep your selection on the pull down.. BUT... I think you will be happy with what I did instead.

Also is the Remaining Soulstones big enough for you to see?

http://nezumi.me.uk/Malifaux/crew.html

Edited by Ratty

Minor annoyance. When removing one Guild Austringer, but not the last one, all Malifaux Raptors are removed as well.

When Von Schill is selected as the Leader he may only hire Freikorps models and Mercenary models (meaning if a model has the Mercenary characteristic then they are not restricted from being hired). However, the Performer & Mannequins are still hired hired via the Mercenary characteristic special rule. They should show up in the Add Mercenary list (and not the Add Minion List) and enforce the 2 Mercenary Limit.

Geez, this gets complicated once you think about it.

The issue with the Victorias hiring the Performer & Mannequin pair and Freicorps brought up in the Viktori, Von Schill and Performers thread still isn't resolved yet. I assume it is on the todo list.

If Colette hires the Student of Conflict (or even the Malifaux Child) as a Totem this should count agaisnt the 2 Mercenary limit, but does not.

The same with Colette and Kaeris as a Henchman. If both hire Mercenary Totems then that should take up the 2 Mercenary models limit, but does not.

This Totem business likely applies to other masters as well.

Ummmm..I found another problem. Von Schill now cant seem to buy Freikorps troops at all. Edit : I think it might be a problem with Henchman as main master for all types,since I was putzing about with a guild henchman and it did the same thing,it let me choose mercs but not faction troops or elite division troops.

Edited by Dark Alleycat

Ummmm..I found another problem. Von Schill now cant seem to buy Freikorps troops at all. Edit : I think it might be a problem with Henchman as main master for all types,since I was putzing about with a guild henchman and it did the same thing,it let me choose mercs but not faction troops or elite division troops.

Confirmed.

I got it to work correctly by switching to the Outcast faction first, then switching back to the Guild faction so it seems to correctly re-load.

fantastic work man, this is awesome! :D

couple of things though:

Ophelia. If she is selected as the master, you cannot hire any kin at all, only the pigapult, taxidermist, normal gremlins and the hog whisperer.

If you select somér as your master, you can take up to 2 of the Kin, as long as you dont have ophelia in your crew. If you take ophelia as a henchman, its preventing you having any kin with her as well.

Kaeris:

she can currently only hire Joss and Johan. she should also be able to hire the gunsmith, the large SPA, and the soulstone miner.

Arcanists:

for the arcanists, there are duplicates entries for certain models with certain masters, with the second entry being 1 SS more expensive.

Ramos:

mechanical rider, executioner, spiders and spider swarms

marcus:

ceberus, rattler, myranda and hoarcat prides.

It's only a minor "cosmetic" issue, but my browser is set to default to Japanese encodings and some text decodes badly. Even if I manually switch the encoding to UTF-8 or Latin 1 (not sure which one you use), I still get chinese characters in menus (for example Bête Noire becomes B黎e Noire etc.).

Don't work the Henchmen will get their SF back. I was making changes last night and realised it had hit 5:30am and I had work at 10 so I didn't test them properly, I know what the issue is. I can fix it with a couple of brackets.

I have a slight coding issue. When I'm coding I go into a trance. When I was coding for a living, I used to turn up at 8am, and be awoken by my lift and there would be pages of code and a pile of coffee mugs by me.. Happened last night. I thought it was 1:30 and it was 5:30

It's only a minor "cosmetic" issue' date=' but my browser is set to default to Japanese encodings and some text decodes badly. Even if I manually switch the encoding to UTF-8 or Latin 1 (not sure which one you use), I still get chinese characters in menus (for example Bête Noire becomes B黎e Noire etc.).[/quote']

I might be able to use escape codes, I'll have a look.

Edited by Ratty