Crew Creator (Sheer Madness)

Ratty

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chances this crew creator is maybe being developed into an iPhone app? Cause if so I think it would be awesome... And maybe a way to get a little cash back for all your efforts ratty. Even at $2 a pop I think you'd get a hell of a lot of people downloading it onto their phones to tinker with stuff while bored.

If I had a Phone that could use those apps I'd definitely download it depending on the price. Might be a good avenue for Wyrd and you to explore. Also from past experience I have to say I love your tourney software. I'm not certain how much extra coding it would require, but if an option to save existed it would make it ideal software to use to run lengthy leagues. Again I'd pay a small fee to have that capability.

• 2 weeks later...

I've a question about Levi.

He has the merc characteristic which should mean that and master can hire him as a 2nd master in a brawl right?

Is this correct? I've never completely understood the rules for hiring another master in a brawl.

If it is correct then the crew creator needs altering. If it's not the could someone explain why not?

I've a question about Levi.

He has the merc characteristic which should mean that and master can hire him as a 2nd master in a brawl right?

Is this correct? I've never completely understood the rules for hiring another master in a brawl.

If it is correct then the crew creator needs altering. If it's not the could someone explain why not?

It does

He can be hired out of faction, but it still won't ignore Pariah, so only Hoffeman and Ramos can hire him

Unless they rule on the Embrace Death thread that Nicodem can use it to be hired by Levi as an undead. Right now it looks as if Ramos, Hoffman, and Hamelin are the only choices for Levi in a Brawl.

Good news for Ramos and Hoffman, though, is that they can be either the first or second Master, meaning you can run Levi as a Outcast crew that hires either Ramos or Hoffman, or Ramos or Hoffman can run their Arcanist or Guild crews, respectively, and still hire Levi as a merc. These can have as little or as much of an impact on your crew as you want them to have. If you want nothing but constructs, run Levi as the main master and hire additional constructs at no additional cost. If you want an Arcanist or Guild crew with some extra construct or undead support from Levi, hire him as your second master.

Wrong on both counts.

• Embrace Death doesn't work as he has to be in play to use it so can't be used in the hiring step.
  • You can hire as a Guild or Outcast crew with Hoffman/Levi and Arcanist or Outcast crew with Ramos/Levi. However Levi special rule overrides the normal hiring restrictions whichever you choose. Just because he is your second master doesn't stop his rule stopping you hiring non-undead/contruct/soulless coming into effect.

.oO(Then why's Levi even a Merc?)

So, for fixed faction tournament purposes, in a Brawl, I could be running any number of lists for my Guild or Arcanist crews (whichever one I'm sticking to that day), but then, out of nowhere, I could just run my Levi list with Hoffman or Ramos, respectively, to catch my opponent completely off guard?

----------

It really seems like, story-wise anyways, that both Nicodem and Zoraida should be able to hire Leveticus in a Brawl. Unfortunately, rules-wise, they can't.

Edited by i_was_like_you

• 8 months later...

No Henchman can function as the second Master in a Brawl due to the rules for Henchman (1.5 edition of the Malifaux book page 62).

Additionally, because of Ophelia's Special Forces: Kin rule she can only ever be included in Brawl crews that contain only "Gremlins, Kin, Pigs and Vermin", Zoraida is none of those. So as of right now this means she may only join a crew led by Som'er in a brawl and functions as a Henchman only (she wont get her Henchman Reserve but you will get the 10 additional SS from not bringing a 2nd Master).

• 1 year later...