Crew Creator (Sheer Madness)

Ratty

Someone suggested I make a separate thread for this. I'm attempting to make a web based Crew Selector. More or less got Masters and Totems working for a Scrap (I will look at Brawls after I have Scraps done)

Fixed Orphelia for Som'er she had slipped out when I altered the indexing elsewhere.

http://nezumi.me.uk/Malifaux/crew.html

Can you find any other errors, The totems were interesting to work out but I think I've got them all sorted. At some point I need to tidy up taking Student of Conflict or Malifaux child and then taking Von Schill as a Henchman, I would like it to remove the options from the list, but at the moment at least it resets the Master's Totem and won't allow you to select the offending options.

I'm currently trying to work out how to make a Crew list for each Master. I've written out most of the list, however I need to work out how selection and adding to your crew will work. I will also need to add something in so if you take Freikorp you can't take mercenaries and vice versa.

The final page should look something like this.

file:///C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Documents/malifaux/website/crewexample.html

But please test what I've got done now to destruction.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. It's Ophelia, no "r".

2. Good luck with Kirai, since if Kirai hires a non-Spirit Totem, her Henchmen can't hire it and vice versa, due to it being Rare 1 ;)

Sorted Kirai out now you can't take two of the same totem unless it's the Grave Spirit. Oh... two secs. the Henchmen should be able to take Primordial Magic

Henchmen totems are busted.

Collodi can't hire totems. Von Schill, with all masters, can only hire their in-faction non-[master] totems, so with Neverborn, only Primordial Magic, with Resurrectionists, only Grave Spirit and Necrotic Machine, etc.

Under Zoraida, henchmen don't have access to all the mercenary totems.

Edit: Freikorps Mercenary, ah. So this brings the opposite problem which the Chocobo pointed out ;)

Von Schill can only select, Primordial Magic, Grave Spirit and Necrotic Machine as his totem, If you select Kirai.

Edit: Freikorps Mercenary, ah. So this brings the opposite problem which the Chocobo pointed out ;)

Yeah I made allowances for this, If you have Von Schill you can't select Student of Conflict and Malifaux Child on the Master, however they are still on the list, I need to fix this and have him remove them from the list, it's a known issue. However you can't get a illegal selection at the moment at least.

Edited by Ratty

Is the Dreamer allowed von Schill as a henchman? Master of Dreams: A crew containing this Master may not hire Mercenaries in scraps"

Nope he can't.. will make the change. This is just the reason I asked people to pick it apart it's a pain to work out every combination.

Fixed, and also Collodi can now take totems as long as he is not the master.

Edited by Ratty

I assume your going to add minions to this Ratty, what would be a good idea would be to shown many soulstones you have, and how many you have left to hire crews with.

Yeah, it will have minions, and a running SS total. I just have to work out how to connect it all in and deal with wierd things like Jack Daw and Hamelin, especially Hamelin.

Well, add the simple masters who don't have any hiring shenanigans first, all those with hiring restrictions/permissions... no need to try and add it all at once, after all, heh.

You saw my list of all the models Hamelin can hire, right? If you just add a simple list for each master, then that should help.

Edit: Of course, you mean Hamelin the minion :)

Good luck! But still, you can add those things later, heh.

Yeah, it will have minions, and a running SS total. I just have to work out how to connect it all in and deal with wierd things like Jack Daw and Hamelin, especially Hamelin.

At lest you don't have to deal with the fan-fix crews I made, the hire pool being strange on each of them, is verry bizarre there, with yours being the wyrdest, a Ht1 MS&U resser that can be hired by a Neverborn Master that and any crew hiring you can hire Malifaux rats as well ;)

Well it might not look like I've done a lot, but I've tidied up the interface, it no longer wipes all your selections if you choose to swap your Master or Henchman, just the ones that are not viable any more.

You can now change your point value and it will total things up, though there is no hard stop on overspending at the moment, and I haven't yet written the code to lower your cache off the maximum. But it has a lot of work in the backend which I can start hooking code onto that wasn't there before.

Also the code is far more readable than before..

http://www.nezumi.me.uk/Malifaux/crew.html

Good work so far, and I like where this is headed.

The running ss total is not working, however. I have 12ss of Henchmen and totems selected on a 35ss list, and it shows only 15ss left.

Is that because it's dumped all the other points into your Soulstone Cache?

OK I've created pull down lists populated with all the Options for the Masters and Henchmen. You can't select your crew yet, but you can see what you can choose from.

Updated version uploaded http://www.nezumi.me.uk/Malifaux/crew.html

Edited by Ratty