LaCroix Kin Tactics

Cornelious1424

Anyone have any cool/fun tactics involving the LaCroix Gremlins? These are the 3 that I've come up with, at least the non-subtle ones...

Pere Shot Gun of Flaming Death:

This one involves Ophelia, Pere, and a Bayou Gremlin. Declare that Ophelia and Pere will companion this action. Take a walk action with Ophelia, and make sure you are 8" away from Pere. Use her "Ooh, a Girl" for a (0) to move Pere into base contact with her. Move her back and finish her action doing what ever you'd like. Activate Pere now. Take 2 Walk actions, then use a Reckless to cast "Oopsie!". Having a high card for this is worth it, because it will force your opponent to make decisions on which models to save, if they even can. That's an 24" threat with Pere!! He should have 1 wound remaining after the Reckless and "Oopsie!", if he has not taken damage yet. After your opponent has been hurt pretty bad, after their activation, if they haven't taken whats left of Pere out, use a Bayou Gremlin to finish him off, setting off "Ka-blooey!" for another 3" pulse for 4 more damage. That's 9 damage total in a 3" bubble. I use this trick to cripple my opponents main line, or take out their big heavy hitter. You also have to keep Pere behind your line out of harms way until the time is right. I've gotten back 15pts worth of models by sacrificing Pere...who is only 5pts.

Slop Hauler Sloppy Seconds Sling Shot:

Similar trick to the first, using a Slop Hauler. This is a nice trick for an alpha strike (companion the necessary Kin) to take out a heavy hitter, especially a model with a high defense. Ophelia goes first again, moving up followed by using "Ooh a Girl" on the Slop Hauler to position the hauler. Make sure you move Ophelia about 6" away of the enemy model before using "Ooh a Girl" on the Hauler to move him into base with Ohpelia. Then do "Family Tree" on the Hauler to let him activate after Ophelia. Take a shot or cast a spell, with the second action, and then reckless to move her back (or shoot again!"). The Hauler goes next and walks up to within 3" of the enemy model, then uses a reckless to do "Slop Spray" (2). This will reduce the enemy models defense to 4...with no way to resist!! With the Hauler finished, go nuts with the rest of your Kin and shoot the snot out of em!! I haven't tried this one yet, but I have high hopes for it!!

I've also thought of using Pere and a Pigapult. Launch Pere with the Pigapult to where you can cause some damage. If Pere fails the defense duel he dies...and does 4 damage within 3"...not bad for being able to send him up to 24" and keeping in mind his goal is pretty much suicide anyway (IMO). If he does survive the impact, he is free to cast "Oopsie" once, and make 2 Breath fire strikes...which would end up killing him, activating "Ka-blooey". The potential damage that can be done at such long range is hideous. This can also be done turn 1 if timed right doing heavy damage so early in the game...which is just unfair. I haven't tried this yet, but look forward seeing its results. It also needs a silly name, any suggestions?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen the stickied Gremlin Tactica Thread at the top of this subforum?

Not trying to be an ass just trying to make it easy for new players to find tricks like this.

This is a good point.

If you post this in that thread I would be more than happy to edit a link to your post into the opening post of that thread, so your tactics are not lost. In fact, if you don't want to repost this and, with your permission, I would be more than willing to simply link this thread there. :)

Also, good stuff here.

I've also thought of using Pere and a Pigapult. Launch Pere with the Pigapult to where you can cause some damage. If Pere fails the defense duel he dies...and does 4 damage within 3"...not bad for being able to send him up to 24" and keeping in mind his goal is pretty much suicide anyway (IMO). If he does survive the impact, he is free to cast "Oopsie" once, and make 2 Breath fire strikes...which would end up killing him, activating "Ka-blooey". The potential damage that can be done at such long range is hideous. This can also be done turn 1 if timed right doing heavy damage so early in the game...which is just unfair. I haven't tried this yet, but look forward seeing its results. It also needs a silly name, any suggestions?

This is evil vs kirai. If your opponent doesn't activate Kirai before you go, you can drop pere right next to the sheishan blob and kill them all because she hasn't activated to use her power to recycle them. This leaves Kirai open for the breath fire shots or possibly another oopsie. Or better yet some "between the Eyes" lovin' from Ophelia and the young.

It isn't so much of a tactic as a neat trick this. When playing Destroy the Evidence, the Young LaCroix are brillant. Go Reckless (which should give you enough AP to jump onto the objective) and use the last AP to get rid of the evidence. Claimed that strat in two turns against Nicodem last week.

Can they do that (being Insignificant)? Don't have the book handy, so I might very well be mistaken, mind.

they aren't any different from regular gremlins as far as getting to the markers.

the young are only better than regular bayou gremlins for killing stuff. between the eyes is just brutal. especially since they can use SS to boost the cast. you are guaranteed a cheatable damage flip against virtually every model in the game. And it's got a longer range than the young's pistol.

Young 'uns also have a shorter range by 4 inches are insignificant and are limited to only 3. Each have their place.

actualy I would call their range only 2" shorter because there is no instance (other than against a model that has the ability to cancel spells) that you wouldn't use "between the eyes"

that being said, they do each have their uses. I find myself choosing regular bayou gremlins over young against certain models/schemes. The ability to get blasts from the regular bayou gremlins is invaluable, especially against Hamelin and Pandora both of whom you would have difficulty harming otherwise.

Also, the gremlins will hang around after Ophelia dies, young won't.

Also, don't forget that you don't need to have all the regular gremlins near Ophelia to cancel their Whoops. Just make sure you have a Kin as the closest model, it is basically canceled as the damage is 0/0/1 against Kin. I like to pair up a couple gremlins with francois and raphael. chances are you won't do anything on a miss and if I do flip severe vs francois, I cheat it down. vs Raphael I let it through cause he's better hurt.

Edited by JayBarlekamp

actualy I would call their range only 2" shorter because there is no instance (other than against a model that has the ability to cancel spells) that you wouldn't use "between the eyes"

Each can only use "right between the eyes" one time per turn so it doesn't negate the range difference totally.

I think of them as filling a more specialized role then the Bayou's (especially against the Resurectionist Crews with a lot of HArd to Wound models).

Correct - Insignificant models cannot (1) Interact with the Evidence Markers.

I thought Destroy Evidence was one of the few strategies where insignificant models were not specifically noted as being unable to affect the marker/counter.

Each can only use "right between the eyes" one time per turn so it doesn't negate the range difference totally.

I think of them as filling a more specialized role then the Bayou's (especially against the Resurectionist Crews with a lot of HArd to Wound models).

And against Kirai and her Spirit models...

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried out the Pere/Pigapult combo against my friend last night. Much to my, and my friends surprise, I made the flip to save Pere from the initial death. It would have been a much greater effect, had he not used Perditas Quick Draw, which negated "Ka-blooey!" from going off after I cast "Oopsie!". I put 6pts into Nino, 2pts into Perdita and he managed to save his Austringer on a lucky flip. It happened turn 1, so if not for Perdita it would have been game changing. Fun little trick...which my friend was rooting me on the entire time. Pegapult...ftw.

Yeah I was a little confused as to when I read your post haha my mistake.

Cornelius, I assume that the gremlin in your avatar picture is yours, I am really in love with the dirty green/yellow scheme as to show my little rajun cajuns as though they live in the swamp. Could you let me in on your color scheme and how you painted the skin to look like that?

Thanks

FrereSebastian

Yeah its the same for me I painted my first few bayou gremlins in the GW orks and gobbos fashion and it just doesnt seem right.

@dgraz Is the paint scheme that you posted above how you did your Some'r and gremlins on your paint thread? I saw those and they look really good, tbh I just want a mottled color not the bright goblin looking green that I have now.

If not can you send me a pm or just post here how you painted those guys? I really appreciate it

Thanks