(30ss) Seamus, Molly, Jack, Hanged

Sezar

I was wondering how could a crew like this work around.

-- Seamus

-- Molly (9)

-- Jack Daw (10)

-- Hanged (8)

-- Total Caché: 5ss

The really low model count could be raised once corpse counters start dropping as both Seamus and Molly can summon some belles (althought they both need high crows for that).

The Crew's got a really high Terrifying and Fall backing potential, and if you add the 12" -2Wp:aura from Seamus that could really hurt some crews out there.

That would require a lot of finesse to control, but it would be really interesting to see in action. I guess I'll have to find a Molly proxy to try it out myself...

Looks fun but you're going to struggle to finish the strategy with so few models. Might also be hard to kill key opponents given Molly doesn't output a lot of damage. Perhaps take schemes you can achieve and work on denying the opponent any VPs? Test it out and post your results!

The really low model count could be raised once corpse counters start dropping as both Seamus and Molly can summon some belles (althought they both need high crows for that).

People don't talk about this much, but Masters and Henchmen like Seamus and Molly can use a Soulstone to flip an additional card for casting their summoning spells. If you have a :crows card that isn't high enough you can burn a Soulstone and hope the card you flip to add to the casting total will make up the difference. The odds of failure are low, but you will remember when you flip an ace or black joker trying to get a spell off this way.

While this list could be good, Seamus without his lovely ladies is going to be odd to finagle.

Also, I am generally 99.999% against taking units that you intend to kill turn one, but I would suggest taking those last three SS and buying a Dog to sack for a Rotten Belle, so that you have at least SOME battlefield control.

Well, I finally had the chance to play this list yesterday after I had finished painted Jack and Hangeds.

I chose to do it vs one of the worst Crews that I could have thought, but I wanted it to be a pretty hard test; it was against the Death Marshalls:

-- Lady J

-- Scales of Justice

-- 3x Death Marshalls

-- The Judge

-- Executioner.

So there were 3 melee heavy models backed up with 3 shooting ones, plus Scales who did absolutely nothing.

I was outnumbered by three, but my plan was to summon at least one Belle or even Sybelle later in the game, which I failed miserably :dong:

I had to Take the Treasure chest, and he had Slaughter. I new Treasure Hunting was gonna be really hard with only 4 models, all of them too important to be losing APs and movements to bring the chest into my DZ, but I felt that he could have problems with his Strategy as my models were somewhat hard to get down.

My plan was to try to make the most use of Terrifying and Morale Duels all around, helped by Seamus' Trail of Fear aura. Now, the Death Marshalls are some of the hardest models to try it out, but I guessed that Jack Daw's aura of no Cheating or Using SS could help some.

The game started well, with some movement towards the centre. There was a forest there that would provide some LoS and cover protection vs shooting. Neither of us had ever played with some Jack Daw, Hangeds or Molly on the table, so there were a lot of surprises on both sides. Here are some of the things I learned.

-- The Crew is totally Terrifying, forcing Morale and Wp Duels all the time on the enemy. I am really sure that had I played against any other Crew I could have made all their models flee easily. In all, I managed to force Fall Back on The Judge (vs Molly), The Scales (vs Seamus), and Lady Justice (vs Molly in the last turn).

-- I did not play well with Jack. I had him in melee with all 3 Death Marshalls, which prevented them to do anything in the whole game, but at the same time it led me to have it too far from Lady J. to affect her. Anyway I've found he's pretty much unkillable vs crews without magical weapons or damaging spells when you're only playing with so few models. 7 Control Cards for 4 models means you will most probably have enough to prevent it dying.

-- I played too aggresively with Seamus, which led him in melee with both the Executioner and Lady J. He managed to kill the Executioner, but couldn't stand with Lady J. (even while she was only able to resist Falling Back once by flipping a lucky Red Joker when she was out of Control Cards and Soulstones).

-- When Seamus fell I thought the Crew was gonna feel it, but while losing the Trail of Fear was a major hit towards my plan, Jack, the Hanged and Molly still played pretty well alone.

-- I made the really bad decision of spreading my models too far away from them to help each other. Had I bunched up, it could have been really easier for me. I should have hidden my Crew behind the forest to get the most use of Terrifying and Morale Duel forcing auras and pulses.

-- Jack's not the Faling Back forcing machine I thought he could be. I felt it's the Hanged who could be it. He can really dry the opponent Hand tho, and should you engage in melee him with some not magical wielding/user models, he can really freeze them there.

-- While Molly didn't seem to be doing much, she alone managed to make Lady J and Judge flee from her, and could even stand alone vs Lady Justice in melee without a scratch thanks to Pitiful (hurting her a bit in the meantime with her Wp Trigger). Anyway I know I have to play her a few more times to get the most of her (as with everything else in his list).

While I lost the game 1-2 (1 PV thanks to Jack killing a Death Marshall via Hangman's Knot), I was pretty happy with the Crew, as while I know I had played it pretty bad in some tactical moves, Lady J and her boys were really a hard match up for mine.

Tomorrow I expect to play this Crew again, so will update with anything I see worth telling.

Played the same Crew again last night vs Sommer and his Gremlin factory gunline. This time most things worked out well and managed to summon two Rotten Belles & Madame Sybelle, who helped a lot to contain the gremlin flood.

Pere Ravage was the main threat, as he managed to do the most damage to my Crew, as well as some other suiciding gremlins.

Molly did a good job, but I feel she's not that strong and useful as Ophelia or Von Schill, and I often find myself thinking if wouldn't it be better to have another Hanged or 2 Belles for her cost.

The Hanged is great, I'm liking it much more than Jack Daw. I think i'll try next time 2 Hangeds without Jack.

Jack's not bad, but I don't think he's got too many tools and tricks to offer for its cost. Sure, he's really hard to take down thought.

Will keep testing this, and even while I don't see much interest, will kepp you informed about it :)

Jack's not bad, but I don't think he's got too many tools and tricks to offer for its cost. Sure, he's really hard to take down thought.

I think the main thing is the ability to allow you to blast a Master with your Flintlock with impunity. They can't use SS or cheat so you can almost guarantee not to have a :-fate flip on damage. If you have a Red Joker in hand, that's 11+ damage they can't block.