Henchman locations?

There have been a few posts now from newer forum members trying to find out who their local Henchman would be. This is also something I would have found useful recently too.

Rather than just coming on and moaning about it though, I do have what I hope may be a useful idea.

On the find an opponent thread might it be useful for Henchman to have their entry highlighted in bold with a small explanatory note at the bottom of the latest post?

Obviously this would rely on them doing it themselves etc but still thought it may be worthwhile.

Thoughts?

a very easy way to do it is to use something like google maps. Mark the general location of each henchman on the map, and sticky it somewhere. That allows folks to check a few things - relative concentrations of henchmen across the planet, and also how far exactly they are from one.

you could also link this to an email database - allows folks to contact their local henchmen to set up a game via email, like support requests and stuff are processed by a lot of websites (i.e. via a browser applet).

There is already a Malifaux gaming locations on Google (link below), and I've included "Henchman" as part of my tag.

Maybe if all the Henchmen used a different colour flag that would help? I've changed mine to orange.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=37.0625,-95.677068&spn=59.639182,97.03125&z=4&msid=114315057754416849502.00048f1236df50c17544e&mid=1293667133

Edited by Clousseau

There is already a Malifaux gaming locations on Google (link below), and I've included "Henchman" as part of my tag.

Maybe if all the Henchmen used a different colour flag that would help? I've changed mine to orange.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=37.0625,-95.677068&spn=59.639182,97.03125&z=4&msid=114315057754416849502.00048f1236df50c17544e&mid=1293667133

Sounds sensible and workable to me.

I say we just tag all the Henchman with GPS trackers like they do animals in the wild and then just upload the data to a central map service.

That way we can be found anywhere at any time. Also then migration habits, territorial domains and general health info can be assessed on them if needed.

I say we just tag all the Henchman with GPS trackers like they do animals in the wild and then just upload the data to a central map service.

That way we can be found anywhere at any time. Also then migration habits, territorial domains and general health info can be assessed on them if needed.

If you wish...

Didn't think that putting your name in bold in a pre existing thread would be an issue and thought it would help some newer members. If you don't feel that's worthwhile fair enough.

If you wish...

Didn't think that putting your name in bold in a pre existing thread would be an issue and thought it would help some newer members. If you don't feel that's worthwhile fair enough.

Sorry you seem to have taken my joke as some sort of attack of this thread(Which was not the intention). I am all for having Henchman locations known. Best place to do it is in the google map above.

The one that's "Placemark 81" needs to be edited to deadboy, Malifaux Henchman. I don't seem to have rights to edit it.

Can't see that on the map - nothing in Wales at all! Why not just add anoth tag yourself?

Don't forget to also add yourself here http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6986&page=30&highlight=find+opponent

Got it fixed. Surprised there are so many people on the list for St. Louis but none on the map

St. Louis is a gaming paradox. They have a large, devoted PP group, and then a large diverse, ADD group that plays multiple other games. Malifaux among them. Also there were a lot more Malifaux players during the PP reformat period but a lot of those mini's got shelved once MkII came out. There are still people with collections who would play, but at the moment they are probably playing different games.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, hope you don't mind but I added my local club to that map, there doesnt seem to be many clubs in the north of england which is a shame!

we are the northumbrian adventurers guild, www.anythingbutaone.com

Hope thats ok!

Chris

• 2 months later...
a very easy way to do it is to use something like google maps. Mark the general location of each henchman on the map, and sticky it somewhere. That allows folks to check a few things - relative concentrations of henchmen across the planet, and also how far exactly they are from one.

you could also link this to an email database - allows folks to contact their local henchmen to set up a game via email, like support requests and stuff are processed by a lot of websites (i.e. via a browser applet).

I was thinking the same thing, this is quite ideal as the visual element really help for some people.

Regards,

TV