For Our pretty pink pincess

Sliver Chocobo

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've added the masks and changed the totems, Hayzel does have a (0) that gives her Flight so i think she can cope without a pass through ability

...she's never even going to come to this thread... just like Karn.

...and I thought she was making her own. ...with Karn, or something like the same.

:(

Edited by Sliver Chocobo

Her card is getting rather cluttered. I would remove several abilities entirely and reword others to make them less 'clumsy'.

I realize I changed quite a bit, so take it or leave it if it's too far from your vision.

Reword the following:

Blood Sense

Hazyels Pets: Crews containing this model can hire non-unique Beasts from any Faction, at no additional costs.

Reason - Only slightly better, and much more generic description.

Fueled by Woe's: Whenver this model loses a Wp duel it heals 1 Wd.

Reason - Only Candy could cast Self-Loathing on her, and she already have a heal action, seems a bit redundant and weird interaction for Hayzel to have with a very specific spell, that already heals her anyway as she lost a Wp duel trying to resist it and is unlikely to hurt herself with her weapon.

Enthusiasm for the Bizzarre: This model receives +1 WP, +1 CA and+1 Df up to a maximum of +4 for each Sorrow linked to it.

After this model Charges, but before it Strikes, any model linked to it is pushed into base contact with it.

Reason - Streamlined the wording a bit, the part with multiple Sorrows was superfluous as you can do that anyway - last part is instead of CHARGE.

Replace the following:

Pretty in Pink: Hazyel is Immune to damage from Pulse.gif, Aura.gif and Blast.gif

With:

'Some fitting name': Whenever a :blast would have been placed or a :pulse would have originated within 3" of this model it may suffer 1Wd to immediately cancel the effect.

and

Martyr

Reason - I don't like plain immunities, this is much more dynamic alternative, it probably needs some tweaking, but yea..

Over enthusiastic: Whenever this model kills an enemy model it may suffer an uncheatable 1/2/2 slow damage flip move 2" and make another Lollypop Spear Strike against another target within melee range

With:

Wp(:masks :crows) Over enthusiastic: After killing enemy defender with a Lallypop Spear Strike, immediately suffer 3Wd and Charge another model within range.

Reason - Alot stronger, but more streamlined aswell.

Scrap the following:

Pink princess: In scraps this model may only hire Ht 1 and models that are cost 5 soulstones or less as well Sabertooth Cerberus, hooded rider and My little Rider

Reason - Overly complicated and I fail to see what the point of it is characterwise.

Infectious enthusiasm: When ever this model moves any model within base to base contact with may move so that they end base to base with hayzel. Any friendly model in base to base contact with Hazyel are Immune to damage from Pulse.gif, Aura.gif and Blast.gif

Reason - Sorrows are already linked, dragging other things along might have unintended synergies.

CHARGE: Whenever this model make a charge or a Mounted Combat action all friendly model may move there Cg in the same directions

Reason - 110% Imbalanced.

A Girl?: this model may not join crews with the dreamer.

Reason - An ability that explains the interaction with a single other model that could only occur during Brawls in the first place. Characterful but superfluous I'd say. Also the Dreamer doesn't seem to mind other girls.

(2)Mounted Combat

Reason - Doesn't seem necessary to me - her new Trigger makes up for any potential loss of removing this.

(+1)Strange Obsession

Reason - Just because she have two (0) actions doesn't mean she needs this.. Inflation for the max. Get rid of it and force people to make a choice.

Also, what exactly does '-1' on damage mean? It's not in the core rules and you haven't specified it, I'd suggest setting it to 0 instead.

Rolled in some of Woodschows changes that seemed appropriate, don't agree with some of them. I like mounted combat and her riding something would be really cool... maybe riding a Peep?

What do people think? Tried to keep a lot of the original ideas but make her more balanced and usable.

Hayzel

Master, Nephilim, Woe, Unique, Cashe: 4

40 mm Base

Wk 4/CG 8 | HT 2 |WP 4 Masks.gif |CA 4Masks.gif|Df 4|Wd 10

Lollypop Spear

RG Melee.gif 2

CB *

DMG: */1/2+ Slow

Talents

Abilities

Back Blood

Martyr

Blood Sense

Hayzels Pets: Crews containing this model can hire non-unique Beasts from any Faction, at no additional costs.

Pink princess: This models may only hire Woes, Beasts, and Nephilim.

Fueled by Woe's: :aura4" Whenever a model loses a Wp duel, Hayzel heals 1 Wd.

Enthusiasm for the Bizarre: This model receives +1 WP, +1 CA and+1 Df up to a maximum of +4 for each Sorrow linked to it. Also, Sorrows linked to Hayzel, push to base to base with her at the end of a Cg move.

Too Hot to Trot: At the start of each turn, this model may suffer 2 Wds to make it's self and all linked models immune to the damage from :blast, :aura, and :pulse.

Weapons

Lollypop Spear : Attack made with weapon are made using a WP -> Wp Duel. If this weapon inflicts weak damage, the defending model is healed one Wd.

Actions

(+1) nimble

(0) Home Baked Cookies: A friendly Neverborn model within 2" makes a Healing flip.

(2) Mounted Combat (she's ridding a Chocobo)

(2) Get'm Mr Kittens!: Push a friendly Mr Kitten within 6", to within 2" of another model within 8" of Hayzel. Mr Kittens immediately makes a Strike action against against that model.

Triggers

Ca (Masks.gifMasks.gif) Home Baked Friends: Summon one Shinies or Gingerbread Man to Hayzel

Wp(Masks.gifCrows.gif) Over enthusiastic: After killing enemy defender with a Lallypop Spear Strike, immediately suffer 1Wd and make a Charge action.

Wp (Masks.gif:rams) Suger Overload!: After hitting an enemy model with this weapon, change this weapons damage to 1/3/4

Spells

(0) I HAVE WINGS! ^_^

(CC:10Masks.gif/Rst:-/Rg:-) Hazyel gains Flight and gains Wk 5/ Cg 10

(1) Happiness from Sorrows

(CC:16Masks.gif/Rst:-/Rg:-) Discard a blood counter from Hayzel or a friend model with 6", summon a Sorrow.

(1)Respect the Loly!

(CC: 13Masks.gifMasks.gif /Rst: Df /Rng: 10"Ranged.gif): 1/3/5 Dmg. If target suffers wounds from this spell, they gain Poison 2

(2) Im Scary. RAWR!

(CC:14Masks.gifCrows.gif/Rst:-/Rg::aura4) Wp-> 14 or Fall Back.

Edited by karn987

Ah.. But problem with Mounted Combat isn't the idea that she's mounted itself, rather the interaction between her and the Sorrows.

It makes no sense for her to run away from her Sorrows and make a Strike when the main part of her damage relies on Emotional Stress.

That was also the reason for the last clause on Enthusiasm for the Bizzarre.

I still don't think -1 damage is a good idea on the weapon either :P What does it mean?!

I like your updated Pink Princess, but Pretty in Pink seems redundant when she has Too Hot to Trot.

Finally I think 5 totems is excessive. Make it a maximum of 3 but let you combine them however you want.

Edit: Ah yeah, Amos, that's probably what it means.

Made a few changes while and since you replied Wodschow.

You are right, they wont follow through with link when she does mounted combat. So to keep with this theme then, she needs to mod how Link works on Sorrows and let them follow her on a Cg action to. See Enthusiasm for the Bizarre

*Edit* Changed Im Scary Rawr! To a (2) action as it was to strong as a (1), especially with Sorrows.

Also squished her two summon triggers into 1 trigger

Edited by karn987

I love the rewrite you have given Hazyel Karn

Time for some fluff to make her fit better and for some of her rules to make more sence

Hayzel is the self-proclaimed princess of the Neverborn

This wasn't popular among the elder nepilim, in a fit of rage Nekima attacked the smaller nephilim, only to be saved by Zoraida, claiming Hazyel would become far more powerful than Nekima, under Zoraida instructions Lilith allowed Hazyel to call herself the Neverborn Princess and Pandora gave her a large bird to ride, through the bird she was able to summon woes know as Sorrows to her aid as well as the ability to spread her enthusiasm to others

Tweaks to totems

I looked over them again and tried to iron them out more and give each a defined purpose for her. I think I got the language right on most of their abilities... but probably not =D. Either way I think the intention is rather clear. I think they are not to strong either to be summoned by her over and over again. Though Sinies Too Shiny may be to strong... not sure really without putting them on the table (mainly due to its low CA of 4).

Gingerbread men

Woe, Construct, Totem (Hazyel)

Cost: Summon

30 mm Base

Wk 5/CG - | HT 1 |WP 4 |CA 5|Df 5|Wd 3

Gumdrop Buttons

RG :ranged 8 "

CB 4

DG 1/2/1+Slow

Talents

Black Blood

Companion (Hazyel)

Hazyel followers: Hazyel may have any combination of up to three Gingerbread Men and/or Shinies attached to her at any one time.

Homebaked Goodness: When Gingerbread Men is killed, it does not produce a counter of any kind, but a friendly model within 3" may make a healing flip

Action:

(1) Eat Me!: Target a model in 3". If it is a friendly model, sacrifice this model and heal target model 2Wds. If it is an enemy model, make a Ca -> Wp. If defender fails, sacrifice this model and give defender Poison 3.

Spells

(1) Magical Extension

(CC:*/Rst:*/Rg:*)

Shiny (So, It's a tiny faerie everyone OK with that)

Nephilim, Totem (Hazyel)

Cost: Summon

30 mm Base

Wk 6/CG 8 | HT 1 |WP 4 |CA 4:masks|Df 5|Wd 3

Sharpened Candy Cane

RG Melee.gif 1"

CB 4

DG 1/1/2

Talents

Black Blood

Companion (Hazyel)

Flight

Hazyel followers: Hazyel may have any combination of up to three Gingerbread Men and/or Shinies attached to her at any one time.

Action

(1) Lure Hazyel: A friendly Hayzel in LOS may push it's Wk towards this model.

Spells

(1) Magical Extension

(CC:*/Rst:*/Rg:*)

(1) Too Shiny!:

(CC: 12:masks:masks/ Rst: Wp /Rng: 6") Until the end of the targets next activation, it must end any movement actions it makes further from this model then it started. If the target can not end further away from this model then it began, the action ends immediately.

Edited by karn987

Also what do people think about (+1) Casting Expert for Hayzel? She is rather spell heavy and at the same time action heavy... maybe Fast even? I'm thinking fast because Im really tempted to say Casting and Melee expert. So just give her fast and make the player make a choice between another spell or another attack.

Also what do people think about (+1) Casting Expert for Hayzel? She is rather spell heavy and at the same time action heavy... maybe Fast even? I'm thinking fast because Im really tempted to say Casting and Melee expert. So just give her fast and make the player make a choice between another spell or another attack.

What about (+1) Casting and melee expert, it will give her the extra options she needs as well as being more limited than just fast, she still has nimble so has actions than most masters

On another note I still have ideas for three more models for Hazyel they are Mr kittens, My Little rider and Hayzel tots

A little idea of what I have is this

Mr kittens is Hazyel big hitter(bigish it's still ht1)

My Little Rider is pretty much a parody of the Hooded Rider

And Hazyel tots are her own brand of terror tots

Seems karn was right in his earlier assessment on Hayzels reaction..

Anyway, seems like my computer deleted my previous post..

I remember there was a few things I'd like to point out.

First was that the change to make RAWR a (2) spell was a good thing but left the totems with very boring spell selection, but seeing as you gave Shinies a :masks again, it's all good.

I would however make it a Wp->14 Morale Duel, oh and a pulse aswell.

Second, Mounted Combat is not a Charge so the clause on Enthusiasm won't work. Something ala this would work better I think:

After this model performs a Charge or a Mounted Combat action, but before it Strikes, any model linked to it is immediately pushed into base contact with it.

There was something else but I think I forgot.

The updated Totems look nice :)

Poison3 might seem a bit strong, but I think it's okay.

Too Shiny is interesting, like the idea and I don't think it's too strong.. Hayzel is scariest in melee so people would normally run away from her anyway :)

Lure was much stronger, I like changing it to a push rather than an actual walk.

I don't think she should receive neither melee nor casting expert as those would all increase her damage output considerably and it can potentially go rather high already.

Can't think of anything else right now..

Post your ideas on Mr Kitten and the others already Silver! :)

Edit:

Minor things - Gingerbreads shouldn't have Black Blood.

Editide:

Just remembered another thing:

Hayzels Pets: Crews containing this model can hire non-unique Beasts from any Faction, at no additional costs.

Pink princess: This models may only hire Woes, Beasts, and Nephilim.

Can be merged into:

Crews containing this model may only hire Woe, Nephilim and non-unique Beast models, but may hire them from any Faction, at no additional costs.

Edited by Wodschow