Come here my Doll

Ratty

Excellent work.

Think that's my fave Coppelius paint job to date (I sculpted him) :)

Good job, it's a lovely model. I did have a what the hells going on with the front of his jacket moment, but I think that was mainly as I didn't have a careful look before I stuck it all together. I think I worked it all out in the end.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been working on my test model for my Sorrows. I don't think the Green would have worked with the rest of my Neverborn. So I went with a red, I like the idea of coalescing blood. To give it a really unnatural feel I highlighted up from Red Gore to Bilious Green. What do you reacon before I paint up the other two. Also should I keep them this glossy, I could matt down the trail so it gets glossier the more physical it is.

SorrowTestModel.jpg

Finished all 3 of the Sorrows, those were nice and fast to paint. Been a very successful week so far. I normally aim to paint 2 or 3 models a week. So far this week I've painted 6 and I've still got a couple of days till the gaming night. So I think I can get Candy and Kade done on top of the 3 Sorrows, Zoraida, Coppelius and the Doppleganger.

sorrows.jpg

[The angles not brilliant for the Sorrow at the bottom, but he was in the last picture so it probably doesn't matter.]

My girlfriend did a great job tweaking the camera setup. Kade and Candy came out much better than a lot of my older pictures, I will have to go through and retake some of the older ones.

I decided to go with a very pink and fleshy skin tone as I think they are far more scary the more human you make them look.

woesteddy.jpg

woesf.jpg

woesb.jpg

Just spent an hour messing around with Pandora... I think I've managed to get more of the feel of the original artwork to the model. She no longer looks quite as much like an 80s transexual. She is meant to be the maiden out of the 3 wyrd sisters so she should look young.

Now just to do the fine tuning with green stuff.

OK finished the conversion work on Pandora. It's quite hard to see what's going on in the pic. But the main changes are a leg swap to give the model a more dynamic pose, especially after turning the upper torso. Replacing the stuff coming out of the box with a proper tiny sorrow. The legs have a bit of armour on them, so I armoured one of the shoulders, this also allowed me to change the shape of the jacket so it looks less square and masculine. The legs I used have barbed wire running down one leg pressing into the flesh, which I felt worked with the Princess of Emo so I added barbed wire to the diagonal sleeve.

Pandora.jpg

Finished working on Teddy's base. Not sure if I should do any conversion to the teddy model I'm tempted to add some stitching

Teddy-basing.jpg

Also finished my Primordial Magic, the only issue with using normal flesh tonnes on Neverborn is that the Primordial Magic ends up looking a bit... er.. iffy.... if you know what I mean... *Nudge* *Nudge* *Wink* *Wink* say no more.

Primordial.jpg

When I first saw teddy in the buff with no paint on I thought he looked very flat. But once you get some paint on him you just don't notice it as much and he looks great.

I know he is meant to be scary, but he just looks cheerful and happy to me.. Far less scary than my Girlfriend's Teddy.

teddyf.jpg

teddys.jpg

teddyb.jpg

And with that I finish painting all the models I got to go with Pandora. So here is the crew.

Pandora-Crew.jpg

Great job on the Teddy! I´m actually painting mine, but I think my skills aren´t as good as yours when it comes to miniature painting.

Oh, and a great looking crew! Mine conists of almost the same models.

ZK

The trick with teddy is basecoat the fur, drybrush up lighter. Wash back, then do selective drybushing on the raised areas. then selectively wash back into the recesses, then a final drybrush onto the raised areas.

I normally do 3 or 4 layers of drybrushing each time. Every coat should be lighter tonally , less paint on the brush and less pressure on the brush.