Absolute noob, just saying Hi!!

Absolution Black

No not yet! I just love the figures ;)

The books are on order but I can't wait!

And sorry Jonas, but I feel I might have been swayed by the lovely Hayzel.....I am going to order a Pandora crew and a Lilith crew when my bonus comes through. Building these, reading the rules and hopefully getting a few games under my belt...thats my xmas hols sorted!

If your interested in looking into Pandora and Lilith, check out the Neverborn section. I have a post there with instructions on how to request my Tactica's if your interested, they should give you more then enough to get started with them.

Probably the wrong place for this, but I have been looking through the profile section. How do i make friends? Silly question, i know, but some people might want to be a friend!

And Hayzel, don't forget my allegiance lies primarily with colette. But I feel I may enjoy dabbling with Lilith or Pandora too......just a sucker for the girls! :)

@Karn, cheers! I will read through the books when they get here and make a final decision on Pandora and Lilith. Rest assured I will seek your help if I take the plunge!

Edited by Absolution Black

::clears throat:: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

There, we've gotten that out of the way. I have a personal vandetta against Collette for new players. She is awkward in a way that new players can find, well, frustrating. It reflects poorly on the game as a whole. She is so pretty, and her shiny things ensnare so many new people. However, she is dense, confusing to get one's head around and, while well-suited to Malifaux, has a bizarre way of acting and doing things that confounds and irritates the uninitiated. I strongly advise obtaining someone else (just not Pandora or Leveticus). Masters and crews who actually fight with weapons and who plan on winning by killing the other guys. You know, just to start with.

::clears throat:: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

There, we've gotten that out of the way. I have a personal vandetta against Collette for new players. She is awkward in a way that new players can find, well, frustrating. It reflects poorly on the game as a whole. She is so pretty, and her shiny things ensnare so many new people. However, she is dense, confusing to get one's head around and, while well-suited to Malifaux, has a bizarre way of acting and doing things that confounds and irritates the uninitiated. I strongly advise obtaining someone else (just not Pandora or Leveticus). Masters and crews who actually fight with weapons and who plan on winning by killing the other guys. You know, just to start with.

Thanks for the advice. I plan on getting several crews to start with as I am attempting to snare some more gamers in my area, so we can all learn together! So I guess I could start out safe and work my way up to colette....I intend to have fun no matter who I begin with! I pick things up quickly and don't give up easily!

Thanks for the advice. I plan on getting several crews to start with as I am attempting to snare some more gamers in my area, so we can all learn together! So I guess I could start out safe and work my way up to colette....I intend to have fun no matter who I begin with! I pick things up quickly and don't give up easily!

Whatever you do, don't fall into the mindset that Encounters are slaughterfests. There will always be combat, but when the dust settles, its the person who completes their objective that wins.

Also, as much as I love him, avoid Nicodem as your first Ressurrectionist. His buy in cost to play is a bit larger than most other crews.

I feel a bit late to the party, but welcome! And one more for the showgirl army... *Rubs hands together*

I actually think Colette isn't too bad for new players. Since she's my first crew too, maybe I'm a bit biased, but like Jonas said when the dust clears it's all about who has the Victory Points.. and the Showgirls are a VP-gettin' crew. Colette herself is nigh-unkillable if you have the soulstones on hand (seriously.. Jonas pulled off about five killing strikes with Perdita one time, but healing flips and eventual teleportation saved the day each time.), and she can summon them fairly easily.

It does take some time to get the hang of what they can do (they work together a lot), and I'm still working with them, but with a cheat sheet everything should be fine. And they're kind of oddly rewarding in that every so often I'll find out something that I didn't know they could pull off, and the reaction each time is 'Wait, they can do that? Awesome!'

So, um, in conclusion... Welcome!

Welcome aboard, Absolution Black. May I call you Abs?

You'll find any faction you choose in Malifaux fun, as they are all very deep and rich in abilities. I started with Guild myself but quickly became enamored with the Neverborn after playing with them a little.

Lilith is still my personal favorite. Her mobility with Transposition and combat prowess makes her pretty competitive and she is straight forward to use thus making things easy to learn. You basically just run at your opponent and bite their face off. :)

I think this may be officially the most posts in a welcome thread before I managed to say hi! I don't know what else I can do to provide a warm welcome, it looks like you already are making friends here! :D

But I'm glad to have you on the boards, and of course we're always happy when the game catches the attention of someone new :)

Welcome aboard, Absolution Black. May I call you Abs?

You'll find any faction you choose in Malifaux fun, as they are all very deep and rich in abilities. I started with Guild myself but quickly became enamored with the Neverborn after playing with them a little.

Lilith is still my personal favorite. Her mobility with Transposition and combat prowess makes her pretty competitive and she is straight forward to use thus making things easy to learn. You basically just run at your opponent and bite their face off. :)

*grins crazily at Green* i dont believe we have met?! Greetings! Love your introduction to Lilith! quite splendid! Would you like a lolly pop??

I have to agree with hayzel and the git, "neverborns are fun". **spits into a bucket**

My neverborn choice has to be the Dreamer.

In a little boys fantasy, there are only nightmares, nightmares that tend to feed on fear alone. This boy is the ghost of malifaux, flying in at sun set terrorizing the good citizens of malifaux with bad dreams. These dreams are not normal dreams, these dreams make you feel, and not a good feeling, but a feeling of despair, pain, and suffering. This boy is not a normal boy, playing with toys, and running around with friends. No, this boy plays with the one Nytmare that no one lives to tell about. This boy plays with Lord Chompy Bits, the king of nightmares. Towering everything in his path, and standing at least 12' tall, Lord Chompy Bits destroys everything in his path that would contribute to the harm of the Dreamer. Without the dreamer, Lord Chompy Bits would be nothing.

And that's a quick story of my favorite neverborn master. Also welcome aboard, 30 some odd posts later.

Yaiks!! 5 pages... i am really late, @Abs... i have noticed you are thinking around the right place (neverborn) but to the wrong masters, there is nothing, and i mean NOTHING, compared with the power of control, when masters like Lilith or Pandora, and even worse, Colette thinks they have everything under control, they are SO wrong, they are controlled.

If you feel an itch or a pinch, my friend, you are going down, when you feel that you are being observed, you are going down, when you feel the strings of destiny, someone is playing with you.

We all are dolls in her playground, we are all bound to Zoraida... Our only master!!!!!!