Limited Edition Figures

Knowing that the Con sculpts are available online really takes away my one worry,since most times I will never have a chance to attend the cons. And while I havent seen a limited sculpt of a model I use,It would break my heart seeing say..a Molly or one of the Belle's or one of the Von Schill troopers as a limited and not be able to snag it.

I really hate LE figs. I bought my lcb for 200 bucks, and probobly about to spend 100 bucks on nurse. If I wanted to play a collectible game I would have stuck with card games! That being said, I still love what you guys over there are doing! Maby you could just stop making them LE, how about web exclusive's?

I really hate LE figs. I bought my lcb for 200 bucks, and probobly about to spend 100 bucks on nurse. If I wanted to play a collectible game I would have stuck with card games! That being said, I still love what you guys over there are doing! Maby you could just stop making them LE, how about web exclusive's?

The market will only bear what others are willing to pay. By paying that sum of money, you are entering a doom spiral.

As I said earlier. I like the LE models. It's not like they placed Golden ticket's inside Wonka Chocolate Bars, it you were up to date with news when they came out, they were available.

I mean, I could have bought 5 of them and drolled them out over eBay for the last 6 months, but no. Right now, having a Nightmare LCB is kind of cool, and it will continue to be. If the models were Web Exclusives, what would the fun of having different one. EVERYONE would have one, or even worse, Wyrd could start charging $150 each. Then people would whine about that.

Wyrd can't win when it comes down to that, so...always be on the lookout for the rare model, and make sure you have money set aside when it comes GenCon time. I mean, Wyrd announced it a week or two before release that it WAS only going to be at GenCon or on their webstore for a limited time.

What will be special about them if EVERYONE has them? Why make alternate sculpts at all? Because people like to have their cool toys no one else has.

What if Luke, Obi-Wan, and Yoda all had Purple Light Sabers?

"Oh sorry Mace, a purple light saber was too cool to let you have the only one."

I like limited edition models when they are sold at the same time as the event, which Wyrd do.

I'm from the UK, so online was the only way to get it. But due to enough warningin advance, as well as LCB being an amazing model, I knew I could order it (and a spare for eBay) without having to fly over to gencon.

For those who complain about the price they go for on eBay, if no-one was willing to pay $100+ then eventually they come down. I don't feel bad selling it eventually on eBay, as there is always the risk it won't sell.

I dread to think of the shipping on Ashes & Dust however, lol.

I can see that. Although, I personally only have a problem with Limited edition minis if they're game changing. But since they're just alternate sculpts, I think it's totally fine.

I mean, if you could only start a Dreamer force with the LE LCB, then I'd have a problem with it. But the normal LCB sculpt is pretty nice too (and honestly, it is easier to play with).

Of course, it also helps that they made the mini available online. I mean, that goes a long way already.

Edited by odinsgrandson

Yeah, I agree with the people saying that none of the LE figures do you need to play. There are widely available versions of those models that allow you to play the same unit in the game. It's not like a ccg where you HAVE to go out and find that rare thing in order to play it. Your normal nurse plays the same way my Miss Pack does. The LCB I got for 60 from the gencon, well the web site during gen con technically, plays the same as the one I could get if I went to my FLGS and picked up the 30 dollar one there. It's just an incentive that builds buzz and rewards players that happen to be playing when they release the figs.

I like how Wyrd is doing the LE models. Most companies *cough* GW *cough* make you actually go to the event. Wyrd lets you buy them online & they are just alternate sculpts not unique units that only a select few get to use.

Also for people complaining about ebay prices it's simple supply & demand. They have the limited supply, there's still a fairly large demand (From what I've seen) and as long as people are willing to pay upwards of $300 for a model, the sellers will continue to charge that.

Ok ok ok, I agree!!!! I guess it's not as Earth shattering as I thought! But come on, if other companies sell alt. Sculp's why can't wyrd? I do love my lcb, but in truth, I'm just butt hurt cuz I don't have a nurse! Well, not till mon anyway;)

Yeah I think Wyrd is doing the best they can here. They sell them as Con-only but still sell them during the con online. My understanding is the reason LCB is so limited is because he is a monster to produce. I wouldn't be surprised, give then limited run, that he costs almost as much to make as they sell him for.

Also if you really want limited figures, keep an eye out for tourneys. Wyrd has been known to give them out as prize support for big events other places as well.

For example, the winner of the Sunday Malifaux scrap at Adepticon is gonna walk away with a limited edition LCB.

I have to echo what others have been saying. The LEs are awesome. I have a Hog Whisperer and LCB and love them both. PLEASE keep releasing LE figures. They help motivate me and keep me loving the game. I play gremlins pretty much ONLY for the Hog Whisperer.

They are all obtainable and they really help to spread buzz for the game.

• 4 weeks later...

At GenCon this year the Nightmare version of Lord Chompy Bits created a HUGE amount of buzz on the Con floor. This leads to individuals investigating the game and then purchasing and expanding the player base.

So many were interested that they sold out at the show... that type of sales push helps spread the word and provides revenue increases.

To say that these exclusive don't do anything for Wyrd or Malifaux is a bit extreme.

So many were interested that they sold out at the show... that type of sales push helps spread the word and provides revenue

Its also worth mentioning again that any con exclusive minis were also available on the online store during the convention. Many of us who didn't get to Gencon still got LCB.

And it was asked at the panel at A-con and the Wyrd guys have said that any con-exclusives for this years Gencon should be on the store as well.