Limited Edition Figures

I have to toss my first disagreement on the forums out there on this one.

At GenCon this year the Nightmare version of Lord Chompy Bits created a HUGE amount of buzz on the Con floor. This leads to individuals investigating the game and then purchasing and expanding the player base.

So many were interested that they sold out at the show... that type of sales push helps spread the word and provides revenue increases.

To say that these exclusive don't do anything for Wyrd or Malifaux is a bit extreme.

If it helps, I go to just about every Con, if you ever need anything just let me know and I'll do my best to hook you up.

And I agree with the original poster to a degree...

Wyrd hasn't done any minis that anyone couldn't get a hold of. Sure, the LCB Nightmare Version was released at GenCon, however, for the exact amount of time it was available there, it was available online through their store.

Making an alternate mini a small "challenge" to get isn't going to ruin anyone's parade. I hope that Wyrd doesn't release LCB Nightmare Version again. Why? I bet all the Fanboys won't miss the next opportunity to get a Limited Model.

Dont forget Eric normally runs random competitions to get some of the ltd edition mini's as well, not always painting competitions, the last one run on twitter the top X painters got a ltd edition gremlin and Y people who re-tweeted it got one as well (so anyone could win no matter how bad their painting).

And as other people have said, Wyrd dont release mini's that are unique in game, i.e. stats since that would effect balance, they only release alternate sculpt ltd editions.

As a collectioner I hope that Limited Edition minis still be limited edition and no recast in future. Even if I may not buy nightmare version of LCB :sad2:

P.S. I hope that in future some LE minis (especially Gremlinette) may be avaible as prizes on Wyrd's contests.

Edited by Ravenswood

As a collectioner I hope that Limited Edition minis still be limited edition and no recast in future. Even if I may not buy nightmare version of LCB :sad2:

P.S. I hope that in future some LE minis (especially Gremlinette) may be avaible as prizes on Wyrd's contests.

+1, Gremlinette... awesome mini

Also, Nightmare LCB is soooo much better than the standard sculpt. Its worth investing in if you can find a spare one and like the look of it. However, it is not a journeyman mini to assemble, lots of pinning and some greenstuff/putty work to be done on mine.

I didn't know they offered the stuff online during the cons or via other contests, I'll watch for those, so thanks for that advise. :)

And Gorgon's offer to help even further proves why I love this game and think I will be a fan, supporter and player for years to come. Their great game is matched by the great players/crowd I've met since getting hooked. :)

Thanks,

Kevin

Edited by Kreation
I was a noob when I wrote the original note and wanted to erase my ignorance.

• 3 months later...
I'd vote for an Ashes and Dust with the sand made out of some kind of clear Resin (Can Resin be clear? >.>) or Plastic and about Nightmare LCB size.... yeah I'd buy like 10 of them.

There are a lot of different kinds of "resin". It is actually a generic term. What ones they have the equipment to work with is another subject. Most clear resins would be generally called plastics and they require different molds.

My only issue with the limited lord chompy is atm there are more limited ones then release ones (at least around here). I have sceen 4 lord chompy in the local area. 3 are the limited 1 is the standard sculpt. The guy with the standard also had the limited version.