The keeper and Yazza sitting in a Tree, B U I L D I N G their own little gaming table

the keeper

Well, it's about time I showed up. I'm one of The Keeper's minions (cue evil laugh), and while I can not take any credit for the construction of the village (and I don't intend to either) I have been involved in the project as well (although at a very low level). Since my skills at building scenery are basic at best, I had to provide my aid elsewhere.

Apart from mental support (which is really important), I've used my Photoshop skills to create posters and other things to be put on the walls, such as an advertisement for Soulstone Gin (which is actually a very old Coke ad that I've edited), as well as several wanted posters. Another task was to go out and find the basic train model that the Keeper has turned into a train worthy of Malifaux, and it was a pain to find an affordable model in the right scale. I don't know how many toy stores I've visited or how many miles I've walked but I finished my quest and found one!

I've also written several pieces of fluff concerning the town, and I'm currently working on a couple of pick up and play story driven scenarios for those attending Crisis (including a train chase). Either way, all credit for the table goes to Yazza and the Keeper. Just let me tell you guys: you haven't seen a thing yet. I haven't even seen it all, but what I've seen is more than drool worthy (and I'm not talking about the Keeper's girlfriend).

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

shhhhhhht, spoiler alert much ? :D

he's right, he did an awsome job on some of the wall art although some stuff on there you might not get including local figures

so much to come guys, this just the beginning

the airbrush job...

and the train.....

and zi swamp...

and the greens...

and the hottness (also, not completely because of the keepers gf:D )...

I thought Perdita's errata allowed her to ignore cover, not LoS. Could she actually do this if she can't see through the building to the Nephilim above?

Well you are right about the LoS. but we rulled it so that a model could hear a model walking above it on the balcony. I talked about Perdite becouse she was the first miniature with a ranged weapon that came to mind.

The idee would be that the model is firing through the wood at the model above it (the top model would get hard cover).

In my mind it looks great. Perdita looking for the nephlim hiding somewhere in the town, she hears steps above her and starts shooting through the wooden floor. The neflin thinking he could ambush perdita takes some wounds ands jumps down from the balcony to fight perdita, only to be taken down by a last shots......

First criticism. The Switch is at waaay to steep of an angle... Think more like 20 degrees as opposed to 45... The train would just kind of die...

So true, but we had to make a sacrifice for the sake of creativity, at the normal angle the switch became waaay to long and we would have to give up on some buildings (wich were to awsome and i didnt want the switch to steal to much focus)

I did make a piece the same length to replace the switch and just have a single track

But, i did base the tracks on existing measurements. But didnt find the right shape of rails in the right size as well so they will be of a little bit as well

And this is malifaux, haphazard turns should be kinda common :D

He truly wants to, he can't shut up about it. And of course i, never gonna give him the chance :D

Well you are right about the LoS. but we rulled it so that a model could hear a model walking above it on the balcony. I talked about Perdite becouse she was the first miniature with a ranged weapon that came to mind.

The idee would be that the model is firing through the wood at the model above it (the top model would get hard cover).

In my mind it looks great. Perdita looking for the nephlim hiding somewhere in the town, she hears steps above her and starts shooting through the wooden floor. The neflin thinking he could ambush perdita takes some wounds ands jumps down from the balcony to fight perdita, only to be taken down by a last shots......

Hehe, sounds like a pretty cool house rule :) You should set up a sweet diorama for that event (Nephilim crashing through the ceiling while Perdita is spraying lead) :D

I feel the GF references are quickly approaching the realm of inappropriate. Think for a second everyone that you'd probably not really enjoy anonymous people on the internet making insinuating comments about your significant other.

I think that IS the hobby for many men.

Either looking for pics of someone's sig other.

Or posting pics of their own.

:/

Just so you'd know. The keeper turned to tabletop gaming after his gf asked to end his bodybuilding career, just after he bought himself a plane and got a pilots licence. He can kick ass around the world :D

Keeper is Chuck Norris!!? OH $%!! I take it back! I take it back!

@Darguth: cmon, you don't post pics of your "Hot Girlfirend" and not expect to get some flak.