Koyote's WIP Guild Crew

Koyote

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I changed this model a bit. I removed the hand holding the flame/smoke/frog/whatever-the-hell-it's-supposed-to-be and replaced it with another. Also, the back of this model's cranium is smooth. I am unclear whether it's male pattern baldness or its supposed to represent it's the model's exposed skull or the Crooked Man is wearing a yamaka. Regardless, I used a bit of green stuff and covered it up with hair.

Crooked Man

crookedman11.jpg

crookedman12.jpg

Edited by Koyote

I have added some new Rezzers to my Gang.

newrezzers.jpg

Nothing special here, except for the Necropunk on the right. Two of the three Necropunks in the set have 6 to 8 limbs, but the third is small, a bit boring, and has only 4 limbs -not even sort of arachnid-like. So... After a bit of carving with an xacto knife, some green stuff, and two bitz from GW's Possessed Chaos Space Marine kit, voila, a proper Necropunk. :D

Thank you to everyone for your positive response to my work. :)

The next models on my painting table are two Rotten Belles.

The Belles are old Wyrd sculpts, so the Belle with the fan has that trademark pre-Malifaux Wyrd flat pose. This was easily remedied by bending the model's arm at the elbow and the wrist. Now she looks like she is giving a shy little wave with her fan.

The Belle with the parasol is a great sculpt, but the parasol's handle is problematic. Even when secured to her shoulder with a dab of glue, the handle is very bendy. This is made worse by the heavy canopy with pointy tips that can easily snag on something. Like the fan, this is easily fixed. I replaced the handle with a thin piece of brass rod.

bellesWIP.jpg

The skin tone in the photo is off. In person, it looks green-grey not blue-grey. It must be the light from my fluorescent desk lamp. I may try and shoot the Belle again tomorrow, after the sun comes up. Also, the color at the bottom of the model's skirt is a brown tone that matches the brown I used to highlight the textured base. In the photo it looks more reddish. :(

Rotten Belle

belle1.jpg

How do you get your colors so smooth on the model?

Also, do you blend your own high lights?

Finally, do you layer up with thin glazes/washes?

Or, do you do fewer layers with colors closer together?

Sorry if these questions are annoying, but I really like the look of your models and would hope to emulate your effects should I ever have the time to actually paint.

Thanks!