Tactica: Seamus

Sandwich

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Talking of Béte - are there a special story between Seamus and her or do people just take her because she is good?

I dont know if you seen this, but if Molly takes her totem and it turns Seamus undead, he can have armour 2 from Grave Spirit. It is not really needed, but it makes him nearly impossible to kill.

Edited by Grønlykke

Talking of Béte - are there a special story between Seamus and her or do people just take her because she is good?

I think there are two reasons for this. Firstly, Seamus crew overall is very defensive, he need something with very high hitting power to balance it out. The options are really Bete, Punk Zombies or Killjoy.

Secondarily, Seamus is not a summoner as such (he can summon, but it's not what he does) so doesn't need the high cards as much so he can keep her alive.

Thirdly, she's female. (I'm sure this has a subconscious impact)

Edited by Ratty

• 4 weeks later...

Why is this not stickied yet? Oh wait I know it's the resurrectionists section. Threadomancy is allowed if the need should arise. Though I have a feeling this thread will stay on top regardless. There is a wealth of knowledge in this thread. It can also work for anyone who is having trouble against him and needs to see what his shortcomings are or how to break his combos. Even months after starting I'm still trying to wrap my head round the game. This has helped me tremendously.

I'm serious starting to wonder whether Von Schill + Necrotic Machine might make a very good companion for Seamus, He's fast so he can get places and plug gaps. If you use the Necrotic Machine to turn something big into an unliving suddenly you have Von Schill hitting it at range with a :+flip damage flip and striping the targets hard to wound. So he could theoretically put out more ranged damage than Seamus in a turn.

It looks nice to pop out for a surprise but the totem does has Df 3 and Wd 4. I'm sure you'll need to go hard early or fear losing it to mostly any attack across the board. Also if they see Von Schill in tow and know what he can do to Undead they'll be gunning for it.

Also Von Schill might be a little_too_fast for the little guy to catch up. [1]Nimble + [0]Augmented Jump can really see the big guy get up and around the table quickly. Remember [0]Create Undeath has a range of 2".

In my mind I see the Necrotic Machine as a counter trickster within your mainlines rather than a front line player pulling moves out. It just doesn't have the survivability to hang out there IMHO. Then again if you can pop Teddy in a turn by doing all this, then all power to you! :D

And as anside I like the NM as a totem for Seamus even if you don't take Molly.

[1]The face of Death looks like a handy debuff/protective bubble for it to cast. And at Ca4 with crows it makes it just that little easier. And probably the best is [0]Create Undeath and Undead Psychosis

Yep you can abuse that one. :D

I will be playing a few 35 SS games using Von Schill instead of Bete Noire, possibly with the NM in tow.

Ratty, could I ask you to possibly do the same and report in with your experience?

After playing several games with Von Schill as the master, I do believe he would work flawlessly with Seamus.

As for the NM, I'm not 100% on taking that one.

The bonuses VS gets to Undead are really nice, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to get something to be undead.

Eh yeah, low range on Create Undeath would mean that you'd almost always be in melee when you use it at an enemy, which is impractical when you wish to blast away at the enemy with your Clockwork Seeker..

The vast majoriy of hard to wound models are also already undead, but I guess :+fate alone could be worth it.

I don't think I'd bother with the Machine and Von Schill together for Seamus.. Much rather with Nicodem to give Von Schill +2 Cb..

Edited by Wodschow
:+flip -> :+fate

You're talking about a 12ss combo mostly to ignore Hard to Wound and a :+fate to wound on a model that you must have previously turned undead with a really weak and slow totem, casting a range 2" spell which would most probably get it into melee, what makes shooting the desired target some harder.

I just don't get it.

It could be easier if you managed to summon the NM just next to the wannabe target via Molly, but then we would be talking about hiring 2 Henchmen, and I don't think that's possible (and even if it was, that would mean 19ss).

Anyway, I guess Seamus would be happier to waste those 12ss (VShill + NM) on 3 Belles.

Here's actually a good idea for the Necrotic Machine.

Connect the Grave Spirit to Seamus, the NM to Von Schill.

Have the NM give Von Schill the Undead characteristic, and then (0)Link the Grave Spirit to Von Schill.

That's Armor +3 on a super, super mobile unit with 10 Wd, with a Terrifying -> 14 four in aura.

Edited by Sandwich

I gotta give props to your Tactica. The tricks it has in it let me put up a much harder fight for my first real game then my opponent had expected. He used Zoraida with the rising power puppets and a doppelganger to lock down models before with the "no control cards,and DF 11 test to do anything" combo. I hadn't seen it before,but your reminders about using Belle's to lure Seamus did wonders.

So what do you do if you are facing nothing but constructs and immune to influence models? It seems like something like that would just really screw up Seamus. I know it made the fight with this guy really difficult.

So what do you do if you are facing nothing but constructs and immune to influence models? It seems like something like that would just really screw up Seamus. I know it made the fight with this guy really difficult.

I would probably swap in some punk zombies and use the Belles to lure them into position. Their damage plus Seamus' should be able to work through their numbers, and you can use the Belles to slow them down.

In this case it meant the hooded rider got to ride up and down my lines stabbing away. Though my convict gunslinger re-enacted a scene from equilibrium and blasted away his bad juju in one activation,with a amazing 5 shots.(Rapid Fire and two onslaught triggers*insert maniacal giggling here*) So you would suggest using your belle's as meat shields in that case,keeping them busy and in place..like 1-2 per?