10-23-10 RIW Livonia Tournament *Malifaux bag in prize pool!

nerdelemental

Jmp_mydog you should bring one of those henchman pins so I could get one.

Also...............ITS TOMORROW, HOLY CRAP, MY FIRST MALIFAUX TOURNEY!!!!!!!!! Can't wait.

Seriously?

Jeesh. Talk about pressure on me. Too bad you get to do it under my watch instead of Josh. He's the one to show you how to do it. I just wing it!

Mad props to all of you that made it out today! I had a great time even sitting around and watching the play.

Josh, give your girl a huge hug for me - she was an awesome aide. She's tons of fun to hang around with, too, so I appreciate it.

Gamers, and how they ranked in success order, and I'll try to fill in lottery prizes if I remember them all. (faction info, too, for those that care about that sort of thing)

Jamie M (Res, Kirai all day?)- first place

Sheri C (Arcanist, Collette, Rasputina, other?)- second place and the DaVinci painting lottery win

Nathan S (Outcast, Viktorias)- Third

4 Rob (Outcast, Ophelia Gremlins) Steiner

5 Zac C (Arcanists, Rasputina all day?)

6 Dan'o (Guild, Lady J)

7 Josh P (Res, diff masters) - jmp_mydog

8 Arron S (Guild, Lady J, others?)- some lottery: Dirty Schemer, I think

9 Greg E (Arcanist)

10 Chuck T (Arcanist)- "I'm Not a Loser!" lottery (ironic since he was hardly the day's biggest loser!)

11 ShortMann! (Res, Nicodem)

12 Brian E (Neverborn, Zoraida)

13 Raymond D (Neverborn, Lilith)

14 Josh P - iamwyrd! (Outcast, Leveticus, others?) TWO lotteries, 'cause he's my bitch: Participation lottery of 8 custom Mali poker chips, AND the big Malifaux Bag

15 Dave T (Guild)

16 Kurt/Roric (S'omer Teeth Jones)- continuing his streak of NEVER having won a single game of Malifaux! I should have had a prize for him....

You guys were all great. Like I said at the end of the event, I've been the TO for several game systems and plenty of events. The crew here at this event might have been the most laid back and "out to have fun" group I've run with. Running events typically suck as I have a ton of preliminary setup and then tracking during the event, all while I sit around and have to watch my friends play - and you know I want to play. You guys made it fun to just sit around! It'll be easier to run another, possibly December so I can make a second annual "Rise of December" event.

16 Kurt/Roric (S'omer Teeth Jones)- continuing his streak of NEVER having won a single game of Malifaux! I should have had a prize for him....

It may just be the Gremlin's :kabong:

Though in seriousness, was a lot of fun, glad I was able to make it out, even if I didn't win a game (even though I *thought* I won the last one), still had a blast, and thought the Tourny setup was awesome. Looking forward to any other events you guys have up your sleeves for the future.

I have to agree the tournament was a blast and was great to see Bowen again, and I am his bitch apparently. Lol. I loved the tournament prize support style, it made not such a cut throat community.

I will definatley come to more. Just keep me posted.

Also thank you to the other Josh P for giving me the pin, and the malifaux bag, (unintentionally) lol.

Had fun and that's what was supposed to happen.

Thanks again Dave.

I had a great time at the tournament! Also psyched to have won both second place and the DaVinci prize. Now I have MORE models to paint. Because I was feeling a lack. (don't worry chompy...some day you'll get some painting love.)

I really liked the lottery system, and the I'm not a Loser prize was a great idea. Made me more confident to enter because even if I had a horrible run of luck, I had a chance at wining SOMETHING.

Thanks again Bowen for putting it on!

Let's see. Second-to-last in the spring league, fourteenth in the fall metro league, and now eighth place in the RIW tournament... slowly but surely, it appears that I'm getting the hang of this! Progress!

Big ups to Chuck T for being consistently fun to play against, Dan'O for being an all-around rad guy and Zac for running a completely diabolical Raspy list. I learned a lot from you guys.

Great tournament Bowen, you run a tight ship.

Though in seriousness, was a lot of fun, glad I was able to make it out, even if I didn't win a game (even though I *thought* I won the last one), still had a blast, and thought the Tourny setup was awesome. Looking forward to any other events you guys have up your sleeves for the future.

I have to say, I'm very curious as to how you thought you won but hadn't? What's the story there? :D