Tactica: Kirai

pigi314159

Glad to see the rat makes mistakes as well lol cought me on a few rules questions recently. Any where here is the link to the offical stolen all you want fun.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15173&highlight=stolen&page=2

I just use what ever models I have on hand I have never been big on getting acurate proxy models untill the real model is released.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hum intresting this part may need to get a offical rule done.

Kirai has the rule that any non spirit model has rare 1 when hired by this crew. I am asumeing that summon/place would not trigger this and you could have more then one rat in play but not sure if thats just working around the goal of the talent.

Hum interesting this part may need to get a official rule done.

Kirai has the rule that any non spirit model has rare 1 when hired by this crew. I am assuming that summon/place would not trigger this and you could have more then one rat in play but not sure if that's just working around the goal of the talent.

I do not believe so. Each rat would come into play with Rare 1, and thus there could only be 1 rat at a time.

Source: Malifaux FAQ

Quote:

Q: What happens when a model attempts something

that it couldn’t do, like cast a spell to create an additional

Rare model when my Crew’s maximum number of that

model are in play, or casts a borrowed spell that requires

a weapon/ability my model doesn’t have?

A: You cannot attempt the Action. If the Action would not

work, reset back to before the Action began. If an event

would require the model to enter play (such as a Pine Boxed

third Viktoria coming into play when a Death Marshal is

removed from play) the model does not enter play.

I think whats cool here is you hire a Stolen as he is a spirit, then when he dies he creates a rat, which then can die to create a Seishin. This is a decent chain giving you an extra model before the Seishin pop's out. You would need to run the Stolen away from your crew so you did not take the -2 wp hit when he dies.

I do like the fact that if someone kills him you get a Seishin, -2 Wp pulse, a chance to paralyse and a rat (which will probably give you a Seishin latter). If you decide to sacrifice him, you get the chance for insignificant, -2 Wp pulse and a rat (which will probably give you a Seishin latter). it's a win-win situation.

@tadaka - great point, I read the question different. I have to imagine that the intention is any non-spirit model is Rare 1 throughout the game, but that would need to be clarified.

@Ratty - I agree, unless spirit anchor is changed to a summon instead of a place, a stolen dieing would result in both a seishin and a rat being brought into play. Then the rat dieing would result in a second seishin.

Do spirits (onryo) do half damage to themselves? I would assume yes since the razor sharp fingernails aren't magical.

I got self loathed last night and I didn't think they did full damage to themselves.

Also is the Waldgeist "Uproot" considered a "Move action" for the purposes of "Denial of Sanzu"?

Thanks.

Do spirits (onryo) do half damage to themselves? I would assume yes since the razor sharp fingernails aren't magical.

I got self loathed last night and I didn't think they did full damage to themselves.

Also is the Waldgeist "Uproot" considered a "Move action" for the purposes of "Denial of Sanzu"?

Thanks.

thats right. It has to be a magical attack to do full damage to a spirit

This is an interesting idea I had. It's possibly quite useful in some situations eg. being low on life or needing actions to get off a complicated combined strike though it's expensive in Seishin.

Eat a Spirit to heal 2 life, get Fast and Draw 2 Cards.

Into the Spirit World, to move to a useful position and become a spirit.

Eat a Second Seishin to cast Spiritual Combination on yourself.

spend the (0) action on whatever you want.

Now you have a second activation with fast. which means you can get off 3 summons or 3 swirling spirits etc + you have another 2 (0) Actions

Expensive, but I could see it being useful sometimes.

This is an interesting idea I had. It's possibly quite useful in some situations eg. being low on life or needing actions to get off a complicated combined strike though it's expensive in Seishin.

Eat a Spirit to heal 2 life, get Fast and Draw 2 Cards.

Into the Spirit World, to move to a useful position and become a spirit.

Eat a Second Seishin to cast Spiritual Combination on yourself.

spend the (0) action on whatever you want.

Now you have a second activation with fast. which means you can get off 3 summons or 3 swirling spirits etc + you have another 2 (0) Actions

Expensive, but I could see it being useful sometimes.

Aside from the aforementioned. Wouldn't you need to guarantee being near to a Seishin after casting Into the Spirit World? In my (limited) experience, isn't that unlikely?

Aside from the aforementioned. Wouldn't you need to guarantee being near to a Seishin after casting Into the Spirit World? In my (limited) experience, isn't that unlikely?

I use my Seishin as forward scouts, activating early in the turn to probe forwards (I can always call them back if it looks like they are going to come under attack). So it's very often a Seishin that is the model I'm using to target Into the Spirit World on.

I use my Seishin as forward scouts, activating early in the turn to probe forwards (I can always call them back if it looks like they are going to come under attack). So it's very often a Seishin that is the model I'm using to target Into the Spirit World on.

Maybe that is where I have been going wrong.

I think I try and do too much straight away.

I find the trick is to draw out the enemy models by activating Seishin that are easy to hide behind terrain, and hold off on Kirai. It's very easy with Kirai to out activate the opponent. so if you use the Seishin as place holders for you to Into the Spirit World to and swirl spirits into the location of you can more or less do everything you want with no interference, especially when you start summoning in models at the end of the turn which can then activate.

its funny cus i use the same trick. it never gets old when your opponent asks why your sheshin arent in base and you reply itll be a suprise. also out activating is a key strategy to a point because i usually invest in a couple of pricy ss guys (librarian and von schill both verry scarry as a spirit) and often evolve 2 sheshin into a shikome so the turn after a suprize into the spirit world and a shikome 12" away i often find my activations go slim.

its funny cus i use the same trick. it never gets old when your opponent asks why your sheshin arent in base and you reply itll be a suprise. also out activating is a key strategy to a point because i usually invest in a couple of pricy ss guys (librarian and von schill both verry scarry as a spirit) and often evolve 2 sheshin into a shikome so the turn after a suprize into the spirit world and a shikome 12" away i often find my activations go slim.

I find spirit food can be really good for keeping up activations. If you know your going to jump someone and have the free (0) action.

well i did not read many of your comments but it sounds like kiria is a very interesting mater. but i do not like that she cant be in melee with others other wise she will be dead. thank you gms for making so many tactica threads about your models it is very nice and i like to see it in a company that they care so much about their fans. i am going to be reading the other tacticas because i want to see what master i want the most but again thank you for this tactica it is very nicely done. :)

i read your whole tactica because i am a new player currently looking into this game. i used to play the necrons in wh so obviously my biggest attraction is the undead. after reading your post i really like the way kiria plays and i saw a game with her once but honestly it was a little boring. i believe i will make nicadem my master as he fits my desires the most. but thank you for your work for wyrd it is very nice that your company cares about their customers so much that you will write strategy guides to their characters, it really says how confusing things can be! lol

I find spirit food can be really good for keeping up activations. If you know your going to jump someone and have the free (0) action.

yeah but i find i play too agressive so sheshin becon is up aling with into the spirit world so i dont use spirit food as often as i like to. i often find myself passing with my one action because my opp usually dont kill ikiryo and i dont have enough sheshin or wd after evolving spirits.