Any Info on Guild from Book 2?

gunpowder saint

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melee damage soak guys seem hard to come by in our faction. Maybe the constructs can help?

Also, what is Lawyer exactly? A dog? A werewolf?

Ryle is described as marvin the martian with a machine gun. Is that his concept art?

Not sure what the Lawyer is. He's like a normal, though ugly, guy hunched over. He's wearing a mask too so you cant' see his whole face.

At the moment nothing seems to fit with them thematically. We have a very diverse set of themes, similar to Arcanists.

Our themes are:

Western (Ortegas, Guild Guard stuff)

Constructs(Hoffman)

Witch Hunters (Sonia,Antimagic stuff, using forbidden magic in our work)

Undead Hunters(Lady J, Undead Hunters, bring rest, delving in the secrets of Necromancy but forbidden to practice)

Elite Division: I don't have the book, but I see these gus like the organization Hellboy was a part of. Occult Division. So far they have a Guild Secretary that leads a beast and construct.

At the moment nothing seems to fit with them thematically. We have a very diverse set of themes, similar to Arcanists.

Our themes are:

Western (Ortegas, Guild Guard stuff)

Constructs(Hoffman)

Witch Hunters (Sonia,Antimagic stuff, using forbidden magic in our work)

Undead Hunters(Lady J, Undead Hunters, bring rest, delving in the secrets of Necromancy but forbidden to practice)

Elite Division: I don't have the book, but I see these gus like the organization Hellboy was a part of. Occult Division. So far they have a Guild Secretary that leads a beast and construct.

I don't know, in a lot of ways, all of that fits into the Wild Wild West/Van Helsing sort of genre. It's slightly more diverse than the other factions, but nearly all the characters still have very western looking costumes. Even Hoffman, with his mechanical braces, still has a 19th century rich-man look to him, at least according to the artwork.

i agree that does sound pretty good. I just havnt seen the lawyers rules to see how he fits in the mechanics of the game

To summarize, he's a caster. He has five spells and only two of them require a particular suit to cast. With his spells he de-buffs the enemy while buffing himself and sometimes the crew. He's not very tough, but he adds some serious benefits to a LJ crew.

Hoffman's going to need a Guardian. He'll be ARMOR 6 with that thing around, and can brick up effectively with Peacekeepers, preventing AoEs from touching the guys. The speed of Hunters wouldn't hurt either with his Attracted to Metal ability. Give him a Mobile Toolkit in shield wall with the Guardian and awesome.

But Ryle? He's incredible. One shot from his gun could result in three damage resolutions for up to what? 12 damage? He's also survivable and capable in melee to boot.

On the subject of what works thematically with Sonnia, I'd honestly say a Gaurdian would be a GREAT addition. It provides the Witch Hunters with some much needed defense boosts, works as a bullet spunge and damage mitigator, AND the big ol' construct comes equipped with Disrupt Magic, which snuggles him in nicely with the magic hatin' crew!