Any Info on Guild from Book 2?

gunpowder saint

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like a little more info on the Guild Hound. The awesome thing is that on the 'what models would you like to see' thread, I posted that I'd like a cheap Guild model - maybe an attack dog. It's almost like they listened to me.

3 SSs a piece, but they refund you one for each pair of them you take. They sort of work in pairs like the canine remains. Get a lot of abilities when they start next to other models, get fast when they start next to another guild hound. Also they have a pulse ability that buries scrap and corpse counters within like 3" of them (don't have the book with me, that's what I remember.)

I think they rock, and as you alluded to fills a nice gap in the army, cheap fodder units.

I hope there is a guild officer with that's a guard. I would like to see a guard commander that is a Master and run a crew with a lot of low cost guard type minions.

I would imagine it would be pretty easy to make a Guild Guard army with Lucius as the Henchmen. I am not sure what he can take as his crew, but I would imagine any of the Guard would fit into it.

3 SSs a piece, but they refund you one for each pair of them you take. They sort of work in pairs like the canine remains. Get a lot of abilities when they start next to other models, get fast when they start next to another guild hound. Also they have a pulse ability that buries scrap and corpse counters within like 3" of them (don't have the book with me, that's what I remember.)

I think they rock, and as you alluded to fills a nice gap in the army, cheap fodder units.

Awesome. They sound like just what I wanted. Thanks for the info.

I was doing this for the other factions, so I figured I'd do this here too. I don't play Guild, so I'm not sure how all this fits together with what you already have, but it's some idea, at least, of what's in the book.

Okay, and now for the Guild.

C. Hoffman – The master for the Guild. He pulls in a Soulstone Cache of 4, and by himself, doesn’t look that impressive. Low DF, low CB, very low WK. But he’s a Scavenger, and he has some tricks up his sleeve. He can hire archanist constructs (with some restrictions – no Frozen or Smoldering Hearts). He dampens pulses, auras and blast markers around him. If Friendly Constructs of HT 2 or better start in base to base with him and move, he can push to end up in base to base with them after they move. His ability to Cast improves as Constructs are around him. He heals when Constructs near him heal, and suffers wounds when they die or are sacrificed. He can override any friendly construct’s abilities near him so they can ignore any rules they want. He can be a construct or not, as he chooses. Whenever he takes damage, he can take the armor of a nearby construct and use that. His weapon, while he sucks at hitting with it, does pretty good damage and ignores armor. He’s instinctual with three (0)s to choose from . He can get abilities of nearby Constructs as long as they don’t mention anything by name. He can essentially companion a nearby Construct. Or he can have a construct near him get Slow while he gains Fast. He can detonate nearby scrap counters to do a bit of damage to nearby models. He can use his actions to make nearby constructs attack with their weapons. He has three spells, one that heals, one that does damage, and another that activates a construct immediately after Hoffman, even if that construct has already activated this turn.

Mechanical Attendant – Here’s Hoffman’s totem (though he has another one in the Archanist section that he shares with Ramos). It’s got an 8” gun with low damage unless Severe is pulled, then it damages again. He can, however, use that gun to shoot the target and two other people near it for two actions. He’s got some armor and helps nearby constructs ignore their abilities.

Drill Sergeant – Another totem, this one for any Guild guy. Or girl. He hits people with a baton, but not very well. He can link to folk and give them bonuses to hit in melee. He can use (2) to make all Guardsmen receive a (+) on ranged attacks. And he’s got a couple of spells to remove Slow or Paralyze from models.

Lucius, Governor’s Secretary – The Henchman costs 10 points. He hits with a CB 6(Ram) for 2/3/4. If you spend a soulstone to reflip your strategy at the beginning of the game (I didn’t even know you could do that!), he’ll get you your Soulstone back. Anyone trying to hit him or cast at him gets a (-). Slow to Die and Terrifying, and gets a bonus to DF if near some of his boys. He’s a Casting Expert. Two non-Spell (0)s – sacrifice a dude to get Reactivate, or give his boys a bonus to CB until Lucius’ activation is done. Which means, of course, he can cast a spell to let his boys Walk or Attack. He also has a damage spell with weird targeting rules. He doesn’t need LOS, but someone else does. And he can (0) to move a friendly in his deployment zone within 4” of him.

Abuela Ortega – Another of the cursed Ortega family, she’s got a shotgun which, frankly, looks like it’s going to hurt as it tosses blast markers out there. It packs enough of a punch that she slides back whenever she uses it. If she’s hit, her family doesn’t like that and starts walking towards the attacker. She can, once per game, Shotgun Wedding a non-unique friendly into the Ortega family, letting their Companion shenanigans continue. Has Obey and a few other control-type spells.

Guardian – A new Construct with a sword and a shield. Armor 2, and available to Ramos too. It always ends the turn in base to base with a friendly model, and if it doesn’t, it pushes to be so (to one within 6”). The sword does some solid damage, and the shield doesn’t. But even if the shield misses, it hits, flipping damage at (-)(-). Has disrupt magic and is all about protecting someone with its shield. Want Hoffman to be protected? Park one of these guys near him. It heals, it’s got a lot of armor, and a lot of wounds. It’s not going anywhere soon. Oh, and only 7 stones.

Guild Hound – A Beast and Insignificant if there aren’t at least two of them around. They Companion off your Master or each other. Evasive. They’re designed to work in pairs, losing some of their abilities if they lose their partner. They can get to people with corpse, blood, eye and body part tokens easier, and can mess with all that kind of interaction. Pretty fast moving too, but lose a lot when they’re down to just one of them left. Three stones each.

Guild Guard Captain – Lots of wounds, good damage on his axe, and another guy with a Mauser 9 (the gun that does low damage unless you severe, then does two damage flips, and can target multiple people nearby). He’s got some armor and can get other people to activate after him. He’s not very fast, but he has a spell that can help mitigate that problem. He’s also got a way to boost guild morale for Morale duels.

Hunter – Another construct. He does more damage and hits better against guys who haven’t activated yet this turn. He can slow targets with his spear, or hurt decently with his claws. If he spears you, he auto-triggers to drag you to him. Flurry with the claws, and he can stalk someone who is walking around as a (0). Good at controlling the movement of models around him. Well, usually one particular model.

Lawyer, Secretary’s Aide – A beast and part of the Special Forces. He makes it hard for people to target him, but if they take their time with it and cut through the Red Tape, they gain an additional (+) with Focus and Channels against him. Slow to Die and a Casting Expert. He has a bunch of Spells. He has a high cast, but two of his spells require (Crows) which he doesn’t have. He can paralyze models, create Morale Duels, give people Hard to Wound, etc.

Ryle, Guild Pawn – Another construct and unique. He costs 8 stones and has a Gatling gun and does a fair amount of damage with his Hydraulic Fist. He has armor and is immune to talents and spells that require him to make a WP duel. He’s never considered friendly for selecting targets for talents and spells. Until he kills something, he’s got low WP and is Insignificant. He’s too big to be hit by parting strikes from people-sized or lower things. He’s a Ranged Expert and can Automatic Fire his gun. He can (0) to push away from the closest living model if he likes. No spells, but three triggers in combat, all requiring (Rams).

Watcher – Another construct, only three stones. He moves fast. He can zap something within 16” to light it up so people ignore cover when targeting it. He’s a good way to keep people starting in their opponent’s deployment zone. None of this advance after stuff around him. He can keep an eye on your fate deck too if you want him to. Finally, he can get rid of Terrifying or Harmless/Pitiful when he hits with his weapon. Just a utility piece, but a decent one.

Ah once again a nice write-up there :D

Not nearly as intrigued by any of this though as I've been of what some of the other factions have had to offer.

Hoffmann's playstyle seems as twisted as some of the other masters'.. Which I suppose is a good thing, what I've heard so far doesn't really speak to me though, might change once I get the book, we'll see..

Perdita has family, Ophelia has kin.:gunman:

Yes I ment her kin as in the people in her family not 'Kin' or 'Family' the rules in the game.

I am just saying before going out to buy something like the Executioner or some such I want to see the new book and figure out what I want for some Melee defense and Melee punch for my Perdita Crew.

Yes I ment her kin as in the people in her family not 'Kin' or 'Family' the rules in the game.

I am just saying before going out to buy something like the Executioner or some such I want to see the new book and figure out what I want for some Melee defense and Melee punch for my Perdita Crew.

Get the Executioner anyway! What's cooler than a fat guy who loves his job so much that he traded his hands for claws (and keeps his hands on his belt)?

Sorry, that was only good natured chiding. Nothing serious. Looks like a few guys got it, but I know tone is hard on the interwebz.

I'm still liking the Judge for this role. Obey charge into combat then Flurry. Slow to die. If that doesn't get it done it's time for a new deck.

Gatling gun is just amazingly stupidly wonderful!

Just the jist of the rules: flip to hit. Then flip to damage. Then flip to damage some more. Then damage something else. Then flip for more damage. Then flip for some damage. Then remove a few enemy models and then flip for damage.

Then... flip for damage.

Lucius is absolutely your guard commander. Nearly all of his abilities affect other models, even most of his "attacks" are spells. (sniper!)

The captain is like a lesser version of him, rallying nearby guards and providing sons heavier punch.

The drill sargeant is actually kind of less awesome, as I remember. He can keep your guards' morale up and I think get rid of some detrimental effects on them.