Any Info on Guild from Book 2?

gunpowder saint

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From another thread.

Let me preface this with the fact that I won't have my book until saturday and I was not a beta tester. But I have pumped people for info/eavesdropped so take this with a grain of salt.

First up the ortegas. The matriarch of the family (grandma loco if you will). She has an ability called shotgun wedding that gives another model family or maybe companion family.

Second, I believe it was the d6g that broke the story that there are master specific schemes. Levi's scheme is to die every turn.

Third, I really hope I didn't get anyone in trouble by posting this since nda should be over since the book is out.

-Heretic

Hello all, someone brought book 2 into a local turnament and I got to flip though it for a few min, I dont have alot of info since i didnt get to see it for long but i do have some.

First off,

Abuela Ortega.

Not only does she have shootgun wedding that makes a non unique model a family member (for the rest of the game!, only can be used once per game)

She also has obey! Thats right all, a third obey for the ortega list!

She also has a healing spell that works as an AoE, and shell cost 7SS.

Thats her,

The new master... is... a... Constuct master and an ms&u member! he gets cool abilties based off of constucts, like he gets better CA and gains Armor for each construct within range of him, if you get it right he gets CA10. DF only 3 but hey not everyone can be perdita. Also he has alot of other cool things but since i only got the book for so little time this is all i know about him for now.

other guild stuff, i did read it but I saw that there were some new constucts and a guy with a big gun....

Well thats all i know sorry i dont have more to share, since everyone else got alot of spoilers from officals I only thought it far for me to share this so us guild players have something to look forward to.

I hope this does not get blocked but i figure that the book is out, and the other factions have way more told about what they are getting that me telling you guys this much wont get me blocked.

... i hope.

But that is all I know, and most likely all i will untill i get the new book myself.

-Cheers,

-Andrew

Edited by TimeLapse

The new master... is... a... Constuct master and an ms&u member! he gets cool abilties based off of constucts, like he gets better CA and gains Armor for each construct within range of him, if you get it right he gets CA10. DF only 3 but hey not everyone can be perdita. Also he has alot of other cool things but since i only got the book for so little time this is all i know about him for now.

HALLELUJAH! lol

you are now definitely my favorite person on the Wyrd forum!

im really interested in the new guild master, So far the rumor i hear is that he runs construcst in his crew like the peacekeeper. if that is true i would love to play this guy since the peacekeepr is already a beast on the table, I can just imagine how much havoc will be brung to the table with the other new constructs in the new book. wish i had a chance to go to gen con to get a copy of the book. I just hope someone on the forums wentand got the book to tell us a bit about the new master and his crew. Thas if noonegets in trouble for putting that kind of info out there, but from what i understand gen con is done andthe book and some of the new crew boxes are out so there shouldnt be any legal ramifications for posting that kind of info right now. but all im saying is that everyone on the forums ave been teased long enough with the new stuff, ready to hear some solid facts and info now. I guess we will all know more in due time.

I don't want to point out specifics, but the new Guild master is indeed a Construct master. His crew is obviously construct-centered, and the new constructs in the book should be well worth the wait. I won't spoil stats or anything, but he is different than Ramos in play and fluff, and his constructs will also require a different play-style, but should be very effective at what they do.

The Guild also got some additions, like the aforementioned Ortega, as well as some Guild officials and officer-types, to fill out a Guild crew.

Hoffman if an interesting master. All the masters in book two aren't too straightforward.

He has four basic units (including peacekeeper) but can take any construct. His three new ones are really really cool.

I didn't playtest him much, but there's one thing that reminds me of a clockwork legionnaire, and a kind of concealed spotlight that can pop up anywhere, doesn't move, but kind of lights up opponent models,making them easier to hit. There's also a swifter attacker that specializes in selecting a single opposing model and hunting them down. I hope this isn't too much info, the book is out now and I feel that guild players shouldn't be completely in the dark.

Plus, of course, he's msu, so he can get ramos' stuff, which will be a lot with the new book.

Plus, of course, he's msu, so he can get ramos' stuff, which will be a lot with the new book.

I Love that! He's M&SU!

[[.a story told from the view of C. Hoffman.]]

So I left to see Joss today, I found him and asked him if he knew Ramos, he nodded in conferment even added that he worked very closely with him and enjoyed his company. I followed with the statement, "I need your help killing him" he asked how much I would pay him, and I said just as much as he pays you now. He looked around for a moment and nodded; Joss and I left for the Mines not long after that. The Miners and Steamfitters Union just a pack of hungry dogs... and we all know just how loyal a hungry dog can be.

^.^

Honestly, with just the book 1 stuff, I hadn't been all that interested in the guild at all. When I was first introduced to the game, the only thing in the guild that piqued my interest was the Peacekeeper. That, and all the other guys at my store were buying Justice, Perdita, or Sonnia, so I decided I wanted to stray away from the guild. I was REALLY interested in that Peacekeeper though, as I'm a robots kind of guy (mechanical engineer in real life, and like working on robotics/animatronics/etc.). So I am SUPER excited about C Hoffman. I've only been able to see Book 2 for a little while (haven't bought my own yet), but there were a ton of new Constructs in the book, and some of them are ridiculously cool looking.

I'd already bought Collette to be my 2nd crew (first was Viks...only been in the game about a month), but as soon as I saw Hoffman I thought "Oh, geez...as if I don't have enough to paint! But I must have him!"

That's funny, I am a Software Engineer and I have no interest in playing a tech genius or hacker, I prefer tossing around powerful spells and using ranged weapons. Guess who my guild masters are? Yup, Perdita and Sonnia.

I hope for more guild info. From dboren's beast thread, I assume the Guild Dog and Lawyer are Guild related from book 2.

So now we have:

Hoffman, Watcher, Guardian, Hunter, Mama Loco, Guard Dog, Lawyer, and Lucius, so 2 more unknown? Guild Officer I think is one.

Edited by Jadin

The lawyers, the captain and the drill seargeant comprise the spec forces. A crew with Lucius can take any number, anyone else is limited to one I believe.

Ohhhh, Ryle. Marvin with a machine gun. Brain the size of a planet and they want me to "shoot his head off?" the monotony....

The lawyers, the captain and the drill seargeant comprise the spec forces. A crew with Lucius can take any number, anyone else is limited to one I believe.

Ohhhh, Ryle. Marvin with a machine gun. Brain the size of a planet and they want me to "shoot his head off?" the monotony....

I hope the drill sergeants have something bad ass! Like Inflict X wds on target friendly model, and all models with LoS to this model recieve +X CB lol

DISCLAIMER: I honestly have no idea what the drill sergeant does lol but I hope he kicks ass and takes names.