GenCon updates!

theHman

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:flowers:

'bout time someone said that. All of my local friends keep giving me constructive criticism and I just want unadulterated heaped on praise! Don't beat around the bush, just tell me it rocks and let me flutter about on my little cloud. ;)

I'm not saying I couldn't do better.. :P

I had to leave before the final round (only played in 2 rounds), but I loved talking to the guys and it was so much fun. I was really not wanting to leave undefeated, but my roommates were headed back to the room for our early morning Sunday flight, so I didn't want to be that guy.

I got a chance to play against Collette in the tourney and she was really tough. It was probably the hardest game of Malifaux I ever played.

It would have still been nice to have m'lady Perdita be in first place at the Last scrap.

Anyway, I loved meeting some of you guys and look forward to seeing you next year.

Rob

@dangerous Brains: Sweet! I'll have to pick up a blister until the Wyrd mini comes out. Thanks for the link.

@dookieagain: It was great to meet you and fun to play against you. Next year, I won't make it so easy for you to beat me! lol

@Thaehl: LOL. Well, can't be getting myself banned from the only gaming forum I'm active in now can I? Oh, BTW, I'm moving back to Phoenix at the end of September, so you'll probably see me towards the beginning of October. Game on!

P.S. Nice Google-fu on Hoffman.

@Nathan, Eric, NerdElemental & everyone who worked/works on Malifaux: I just want to say that you've created a terrific game and I love, love, love all the fluff and short stories found in book 2. Truly great stuff. Can't wait to finish reading it!

@Mekboys: I believe that Nathan and crew are busy fulfilling on the MASSIVE amount of web orders that went down this past weekend. I would assume you could expect your stuff very soon.

From my understanding, the Avatar thing comes from when Wyrd went from miniature company to game company. Their Pandora model (WYR4001, now called Avatar Pandora) was on a 40mm base, which didn't fit in so well with the other Masters. So a new Pandora sculpt was made (WYR4011) as the normal Master, and the original sculpt was labeled Avatar, and poses as a sort of teaser for what's down the line.

But that's just me making things up as I go...

From the Fluff...

Every Master of Soulstone in Malifaux experienced the same transcendence. The power infused them, changed them, drawing their natural power out and embodying it in a external manifestation of their control and abilities.

A couple specific masters get their transcendence written up (including Nicodem, Sonnia, and Rasputina, among others), but according to the fluff, every Master. Say it with me: hells yeah.