New Guy from TX!

Gewehr91

Hey, I'm Ronald Dietz from Little Elm Texas.

A little about me? i guess this is what i got.

I'm an 18 year old college student who recently graduated from high school, I plan to major in history and get a career in teaching. I've gotten fed up with gw, and i started moving to skirmish games, besides getting into Malifaux i also love Warmachine, thank goodness for the internet for finding you other game companies.

I love history and i love wargaming, and for some reason I found myself unexplainably drawn to Malifaux. Everything about it appeals to me, from it's dark setting to the gorgeous and disturbing miniatures.

I only have the real problem of finding what i want to play as, I'll remedy that soon.

Hey Ronald!! New Malifaux gamer here too. A couple of friends of mine get together at Area 51 and Hobbytown in Plano. Will be trying to figure out whats going on locally over the next couple of weeks. Three of us just picked up the game at Gencon and are trying to get through the rules for an initial game next week. Will keep you in the loop if interested.

~Meph

I'm in Plano and I've been to Hobbytown a few times and I asked them about Malifaux and they said there were no games. When do you guys play? I have played some at Area 51 and some at Gamer's Realm (which is closing for at least a few months unfortunately) but I'm always looking for other games.

Hey Ronald!! New Malifaux gamer here too. A couple of friends of mine get together at Area 51 and Hobbytown in Plano. Will be trying to figure out whats going on locally over the next couple of weeks. Three of us just picked up the game at Gencon and are trying to get through the rules for an initial game next week. Will keep you in the loop if interested.

~Meph

Let me know if you guys need some help. I'd love to help get people interested in the game and I'm willing to just watch and help out with the rules. I also have a number of crews available for people to play before they buy.

Gamers Realm has been such a disappointment. I am supposed to get together with my other two friends to play our first games Thursday. We were going to play at my house but maybe we can head over to Madness Comics. Their new place is huge. I know Thursday is Warmachine night at Hobbytown ... let me chat with my pals and figure out what everyone can accommodate. If it plays as well as I am hoping than I would like to see if we can figure out a regular weekly or bi-weekly game night ...

sorry it took me so long to reply, been busy, but i just put in my order for the ortega box, the rule book and fate cards, will definently like to be kept in the loop after i get my stuff in.

I can easily go to Madness comics or Area 51 i live in the middle of them, though your posts are a little hard to understand [ tired right now] i can go up on the malifaux day are 51 and introduce myself, i just need to figure that day out.

Hey all ... I meant Madness in Plano at Parker and Custer. Sounds like we have some interest ... will just have to figure out a time and place for everyone. Good problem to have :)

Are you sure that place is still open? I thought it shut down? If it is still open and has tables that could be a good place.

It moved across the street into a bigger location. It is on the east side of Custer where the Albertson's used to be.

Ah, ok. I'm going to go check it out then. Do they sell Malifaux figures there? I could not find anything about them on the Internet so I assumed they just closed shop.

Yeah, that's why I liked Gamer's Realm since they stocked Malifaux (at least until they stopped ordering stock). Is Madness open on Mondays? If so I'll go in there today and ask them about Malifaux (strength in numbers). If not, I don't think I can get out there until probably Thursday.

That's ok, the conversation has kind of stalled for a bit. We are trying to get a local game shop to carry the Malifaux line so we can get more people interested. Unfortunately even the stores that do carry Malifaux don't stock very much and don't do any kind of Malifaux game night.

Well, I don't want to stop the conversation, but I did want to welcome our new member to the forums. So don't mind me, but Welcome!!

Great to watch a new malifaux group getting organized in your area :D

Actually i really do like the positive tones and approach the people here have, i felt welcome within the first few posts.

You guys are awesome

I just got a response from the owner of Madness Games. He said he just ordered the full line of Malifaux stuff and should be getting it in soon and he asked me for some times/days when I could come in and he would try to reserve a table. I'm going to try to do something either Saturday after 5 pm or Sunday after 12 pm. It would be great if some other people would show up and we could run through a few demo games.