UK Based Malifaux Tournament - 20th November

Neverata

You not got anything in your magic pockets i can use for Prizes?!

Its seriously getting me down, i feel like i've emailed everyone and having no response! I've got nearly 40 paid and more like 50 confirmed. Its the first of its kind in the UK at this size. I'm doing it all in my own time and mainly at my own expense. Because i am passionate about it! I havent even got time to set myself up as a henchman yet!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you summoned those wicked dolls with zoraida then you waive the 10ss allowance you get to field multiples of that same model so you dont just use one

But if you have to buy each at 3ss each out of your proxy allowance you can only field the 3 at once.

Depends if you choose to summon Wicked Dolls as a multiple or plan to deploy.

If you summoned those wicked dolls with zoraida then you waive the 10ss allowance you get to field multiples of that same model so you dont just use one

But if you have to buy each at 3ss each out of your proxy allowance you can only field the 3 at once.

Depends if you choose to summon Wicked Dolls as a multiple or plan to deploy.

Seems kind of arbitrary, not sure why you don't just require clear, printed stat cards across the board. Ohwell! Matters not. Kindof poor right now - I'll get the tickets paid for in a couple of days, and I may actually be able to bring more than two, should have confirmations from my lot in a day or so <3

EDIT: What if one model (thats new) summons a different model? IE: Lilitu summoning a Lelu?

OTHER EDIT: Also, my email address is august_weaver@hotmail.com, toss me the rules if you can - I need to bounce them off everybody ^^

Edited by Omadon

You would need to pay both those soulstone costs for those. I want to allow people to bring a proxied unreleased model, but those would be taking the mick and therefore damaging the fact that my follow up tourney in Feb would have nothing new to it!

So in the cases of Lilitu, they wouldnt be able to summon a Lelu.

I am trying to keep a large group of people happy Omadon, so whilst it doesnt make sense to you the method to my madness, its working for the majority of the rest. I'll never keep EVERYONE happy but i am doing my darnedest.

I vet everyones proxy list before the event anyway, so if there is any in there that summon and they're trying to get them past me i will be rejecting it

The bottom line is NO UNRELEASED PROXIES TO TOTAL MORE THAN 10SS ALTOGETHER. This can be waived if you want to summon wicked dolls or mechanical doves but these are the exceptions so far. They'll be added to if and when they pop up

I'm in the dark as to what will be released before then as is everyone else, so this may all be a pointless exercise but at least i've got it in line now,

Dont take this post the wrong way, i'm just trying to keep everyone happy. There is nothing to say you dont have to just bring released models and ignore this stuff altogether.

I'll try and email the rules this afternoon. Any criticism or ideas put in a constructive format please :D I am just one person....

I'm okay with not understanding you, you are in chage here. Doesn't mean I'm not going to question the logic, however - you've opened the door by welcoming constructive criticism :P

On a side note - are you saying 10SS to prevent lots of models, or do you just not like high cost things? If we can only have a single model, I'd be taking Ashes and Dust if possible, who'se 13SS, and, surley this doesn't complicate things any further?

I think, the issue I'm taking with this is that this rule directly cuddles models with no real method to it. A models cost doesn't make it better or worse in the grand scheme of things, higher points cost things just mean you have less stuff in addition to them.

Also - one quick thought, Nicodem/McMorning can summon the Rogue Necromancy - is this also going to be a special addition?

Jo your doing a fine job, keep it up.

Omadon if its un-realeased by the event you can proxy UPTO 10SS its not difficult to understand really is it...its the tourny organisers decision we don't need to like it just stick to it.

you could always organise another event after this one, which you could decide to remove anysuch restriction.

Hey,

Ill keep it brief as my phone tinterweb is rubbish!

Im not allowing bigger models to be played because the other armies dont have the means to defend them yet! I want a fair friendly tournament. So keeping it low for this one, so we have summat to look forward to in February.

I hope that you understand this, and come in november as the support would be great. Its the chance to be involved in something great and unique.

After this you can give me feedback for February ideas. And i'll run with them.

Cheers,

Can I just chip in on this and say no-one has to come to the tournament if they don't like the rules. I know Jo has put a sh*t load of thought and time into the proxy side of this and has worked hard to make sure that the people who want to proxy accurate models (i.e. not "this steampunk arachnid is a mechanical dove") can without being unfair on people who may not have the time/skill to prepare an accurate proxy. Plus I know she doesn't want to spend the day policing people's various proxies and their rules (which people won't be familiar with) - capping it helps minimise this.

So the decision is you can draw on up to a pre-agreed 10ss pool of proxies or you can waive your allowance to summon agreed proxied models in game - and yes this would certainly extend to the rouge necromancy.

I'd love to be able to summon wicked dolls in my list and be able to take guild hounds too, but it's not going to happen and I have to respect that. NewbieFromHell wants to summon doves and field a gunsmith - again not going to happen but rules is rules. Like Newbie (iirc) said, anyone can organise a tournament with their own rules, and like I said above, no-one has to come to this if they don't want to.

It sounds harsh but even though I've never met Jo I know she's got her work cut out for her with this and complaining doesn't help - a simple "I'd have liked x because of y but fair enough" is all it takes.

Rant over and I hope people can see the positive intent with the above, but if not I make no apologies. It's probably because you've got an issue rather than me :D

Also, on a side, I'd suggest sending Jo pics of proxies before the tournament to make sure you're not disappointed on the day ;)

I didnt want it to get this heated.

Bottom line is this. Max is there so that people who come who dont know what they're up against, are protected from larger models AND to leave some excitement and new models for the next tourney.

Its not that I DONT LIKE bigger models. But this is friendly, this is fun, and if this carries on, i'm not going to want to allow proxies and it defeats the object. There is no defence against these bigger models. i will not run a tourney where someone can walk in and just take all the models off the table. Patience is a virtue, you can pretty much bring what you like in Feb!!

I love this game, and im trying my best.

I would like you to attend but please dont let this negativity ruin it, because ive worked too hard for that.

Thanks Lorenz :D Your cheque is in the post

Maybe end of next year, funds allowing you can try and get a group of you over to the UK.

Would be nice not to feel like the diseased cousins that no-one wants to visit!

Thanks again, your positive input means a lot. With some hard work i'm hoping to reach 50 players. I'll ask Santa!

I've organised big games with numerous players and arranging tournaments is harder than that. There are bound to be some things that dont go as well as they could, especially with the first event.

However, what Jo is achieving is amazing as she is generating fantastic enthusiasm for what was really a minority games system.

In addition, despite some help from willing contributors, she is really a one "lilith" band doing a massive amount of preparation and planning and yet is finding time to teach and promote the game.

You would think that Flames of Wars, which can draw on a large base of WW2 enthusiasts, would be a big tournament. Yet it is Jo's Malifaux tournament that is growing beyond anyones expectations.

It is Jo's passion for the game that is doing this !

I think it will be a shame if any players moan about some of the restrictions etc when Jo and her posse are testing as much as they can to make this a really FUN event for EVERYONE.

Is it going to spoil the event if one player cant take a particular model ???

On a positive note guys, we are now on 41 entrants,

I shall continue preaching the gospel of Malifaux and attempt to make it a 50 person tourney.

All your kind comments mean a lot as i have been putting a lot of effort and all my spare time into it

I hope that people arent put off coming to the tourney because of the restrictions, as the follow up tourney in Feb will have more to look forward to. Im planning that even now!!

Thanks again, do not hesitate to contact me if anyone needs anything else clarified

Right, apparently there has been some loss of translation here. If people feel I've been in anyway negetive by asking quwstions, it was not my intent. This confuses me, however - I'm not well known for my mood translating directly via the internet. I asked her questions - when she had directly opened the forum for constructive criticism. Thats not your que to leap in and defend her from ideas that don't run paralell. I even said, quite clearly, I'm okay with not understanding you, as you are in charge.

Furthermore, it wasn't a lack of comprehension of what she'd said, I was just trying to understand why it was how it was. Yes, I am aware that 10 is the number ten, the sum of two fives, or many ones. Yes, I am aware that if I don't like I don't have to come. I don't disslike it - I just don't quite understand it, but thats okay. We live in a society where people don't need to share the same oppinion to like eachother. I appreciate the scale of this tournament, and points raised about policing everybodys attempts at proxies actually ring true. My only thought here is that I think a cap on the number of models, rather than the points they cost would be fairer. I mean - after all, Santiago isn't powerful because he costs alot, he's powerful because he's cheap :P

Anyway. I'm taking a rather long-winded approach to saying no offence ment, so I'm going to leave that at that. I have every intention of being there, however - just going to take a bit more thought about what list I take along the way ^^

Hi Omadon,

I know you said you're poor at the moment so i shall set aside about 3 tickets for you and friends so that you dont get affected if they sell out.

February will be bigger and better and there probably wont be a cap even if the model isnt released. Plenty of time for opponents to read up on whats out there.

Put the 19th/20th in your diary to attend the next un as well :D dont know if it'll be one or two day yet. Could go either way!

Plenty of b and bs up here to stay in too, so we can all have a good get together on the Saturday night.

Give me an idea of how many tickets you want saving :D

Cheers