Painting the Dreamer & LCB journal

EricJ

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bad news is no new photos, the good news is that my back is feeling back near 100% again, so I'm dusting off LCB and ready to get back to work. For those who are going to be at Gencon, I will have this model in the booth and be spending some time painting him and talking about painting there (when the other staff painters aren't doing their thing), so come by and check it out!

the bad news is no new photos, the good news is that my back is feeling back near 100% again, so I'm dusting off LCB and ready to get back to work. For those who are going to be at Gencon, I will have this model in the booth and be spending some time painting him and talking about painting there (when the other staff painters aren't doing their thing), so come by and check it out!

Awesome, can't wait to meet you and bug you about painting tips!

One point I'm unclear on: I noticed in the second photo that the Dreamer sitting on LCB's shoulder has been primed white instead of black. Did you spray the entire model black and then hand-paint the Dreamer with white? or were the pieces primed separately and assembled afterwards?

Thanks!

I actually always brush on primer everything white, just my style. Then I painted LCB the greatcoat grey then a wash of black to get the base for his skin tone. So the only primer you actually see is on the Dreamer, the rest already has 2 layers of paint on it :D

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't forgotten about this thread, just been so busy since Gencon that haven't even found time to unpack him yet! But I'm pleased to say I did make some progress on him while in the booth, so once I do I'll get updates and then hopefully we'll get back to regular updates :D