Kirai

dboeren

Out of all the new models, Kirai's box appeals to me the most.

I love the Japanese spirits theme and especially the Onryo look fantastic.

I haven't heard anything about ability previews before release, but here's to hoping that we'll get some spoilers so we can start getting a rough idea of how our favorite new masters will play.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unique is this game is a bit of an understatment for Kirai, she's the most bizarre of the necromancers (including leveticus)

Awesome news! Sounds like she's going to be a lot of fun to use and suitably mind-bending to make her challenging to play.

Can one of you guys tell me whether, in your opinion of course, you would want to run samurai punk zombies with her? Or does she have better options with her own stuff like maybe the Gakis? I'm currently having trouble with the fact that only one of the zombies actually looks anything like a samurai and if she wouldn't want to use them anyway then I can stop worrying about it. For instance, maybe she grants bonuses only to Spirit models - that would probably do it.

Can one of you guys tell me whether, in your opinion of course, you would want to run samurai punk zombies with her? Or does she have better options with her own stuff like maybe the Gakis? I'm currently having trouble with the fact that only one of the zombies actually looks anything like a samurai and if she wouldn't want to use them anyway then I can stop worrying about it. For instance, maybe she grants bonuses only to Spirit models - that would probably do it.

While she can use other Resser models, Kirai definitely has a higher level of synergy with spirits than normal undead.

Or does she have better options with her own stuff like maybe the Gakis? I'm currently having trouble with the fact that only one of the zombies actually looks anything like a samurai and if she wouldn't want to use them anyway then I can stop worrying about it..

I've seen similar posts from you at a couple other places, dboeren. Punk Zombies are strong models on their own, without any support. If you feel like including them, they're going to work. If you don't feel like they fit her theme, there are a great number of other options for Kirai in the new book. What is shown in her boxset and the first blister releases are just a touch of what is available.

I personally feel that they do fit with her thematically (with no regard to the rules) and their shared Nipponese origin is even referenced at one point.

I've seen similar posts from you at a couple other places, dboeren. Punk Zombies are strong models on their own, without any support. If you feel like including them, they're going to work. If you don't feel like they fit her theme, there are a great number of other options for Kirai in the new book. What is shown in her boxset and the first blister releases are just a touch of what is available.

I personally feel that they do fit with her thematically (with no regard to the rules) and their shared Nipponese origin is even referenced at one point.

Thanks to you and Angus Khan, that helps a lot and I'm looking forward to seeing what other Japanese themed models might be available in the future. I also need to recheck my book and see which current models are classified as Spirits.

It's precisely because I *DO* think that samurai fit her theme that I really want to be able to field them with her. But, the blister has one samurai and two punks. It's a mixed bag thematically and I can't justify the price for one model if I won't use the other two. A biker with a mohawk is not really a samurai by theme, even if he is holding two katanas.

I will likely go ahead with my plan to contact other local Res players and offer to buy spare samurai figs or split a pack with players who want to pick some up. At least your posts confirm that they probably don't work well enough that you'd want a lot of them, so picking up 1-2 as separates ought to be plenty for any list I might field.

This one minor glitch aside, I'm very happy with her box and looking forward to starting my new force.

Awesome news! Sounds like she's going to be a lot of fun to use and suitably mind-bending to make her challenging to play.

Non punk zombies, Spirts take 1/2 damage from all non-magical weapons but don't leave corpse counters......... (I think)

I can't say anything specific, but I can tell you that Kirai has a really fun and unique play style and is an absolute blast to play. :)

Agreed. She and Colette (The new Arcanist Master), both have very unique and challenging play styles.

Thanks for the recommendations. I need to go check out the different Hanged sculpts I guess :) It may be possible to snip the body off one of them and replace it with a more Japanese looking one.

Edit: I just had a thought... what is her totem going to look like?!?!

Prediction: Frigging Awesome

Edited by dboeren