Colette Du Bois

Teal

Well, when I compare them to ronin I just mean is it something that should be in the box but isn't. Or is it just something that you'll want if you play a certain style. Or maybe it's just a really cool model with not great rules. Knowing that it's Rare 2 and I can get both of them in one blister makes it a no brainer.

On a side note, the Viktoria box has got to be the wonkiest most ineffective starter box out there. And that's counting the Somer Teeth one.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but we were talking about a box set that was playable, like the onther boxsets out there you use most if not all of the models from the box in your army save the Vic box where i only use one of the pricey models in my list and leave johan and biship aside, I was talking about the best box set, with the idea of playing box vs box.

yeah but we were talking about a box set that was playable, like the onther boxsets out there you use most if not all of the models from the box in your army save the Vic box where i only use one of the pricey models in my list and leave johan and biship aside, I was talking about the best box set, with the idea of playing box vs box.

Yeah I know. I was referring to why the Ronin wouldn't have been in the box. But we finally get the Leveticus box, they might do updates of boxes or provide multiple options... we'll see.

I hope Wyrd takes a bit of a breather on new stuff so they can get to all the stuff they've already got planned!

Yeah, though the Vik box is an exeption to there boxsets, I dont think any other game company has done better with army boxes then wyrd. I do want them to finish the book one models before thy dive full force in book two as well, i want the hooded rider! But since they are lose with proxy models Im okay with waiting since I can proxy till its out.

-Andrew

I got my Collette at Gencon and played her in Last Scrap; she was a ton of fun. Understanding how Companion works may have let me do a little bit better, but I still managed a couple wins!

I can confirm that the Mannequin and Performers are bought as a single model, but are multiple models for pretty much all other purposes. The Mannequins interactions though, are pretty much across the board applicable to Showgirls in general though, which makes things very interesting...

Does anyone know why the Performer and the Mannequin are sold together?

Because maniquins work off of any showgirl. Their triggers and links don't say "Performers", it says showgirls.

So I played a few games with this crew but unfortunately it was against Lady Justice and with her blind Justice, there isn't a whole lot to do with this crew. Anyone that has abilities that say "Ignore WP duels no matter what" are going to handicap a showgirl crew.

Cassandra is the main offense in this list and she can reactivate everytime a showgirl dies which is awesome. I forsee a LOT of "Breathe Fire" casting being done.

I like how they designed this crew, they're showgirls and they will be doing a lot of dancing around the table. Very manouvreable crew.

The trick is going to be a bit interesting. You can play Collette in many ways from what I see.

1. Collette can be spamming Mechanical Birds who go out and magician's duel people. She can generate up to two soulstones a turn if your hand is bad, and reliably get one a turn.

2. The Corphyees can be launched up, then activate in-chain with mannequin companion, to drop both Corphyees with Cassandra right on top of an enemy. Have a Mannequin throw up the defense aura, and they're hard as hell to kill (also keep some high cards for those Corphyees!).

3. Let the enemy kill a showgirl and reactivate that Corphyee duet... or watch them not kill her, and inflict a devastating POISON4 on the paralyzed enemy from her lure...

And that's just 'in-theme'. There's a ton of indirect synnergy here that's going to take a lot of time to really get a good feel for. But I'll be damned if her force doesn't have a lot of teleports, slows and paralyzes...

Oh yeah, and one more thing. If I'm reading it right, Mannequins are Armor 3, and get an additional 2 points of damage mitigation from Object? So.... if you shoot one for 6 damage, it only takes a single point? Even armor piercing attacks don't ignore the 2 points of mitigation from Object...

Basically, they need to take 3 seperate hits to die, or a direct wound-causing effect it seems...