Nicodem-Strategy and Tactics

shekbo

Molly is definitely worth bringing with Nico, but that is especially so that you don't have to bring Doggies and Desperate Mercs, which only steal you precious AP when you have to move.

1st turn - Molly copies Exhume from Mort, Necrotic Machine casts it (as well as Mort) - you have 2 CC and still get to move with most of your crew (and can even boost Nico's movement).

2nd turn - cast Exhume with Mort, Necrotic Machine and Molly in the end - you have 5 Corpse Counters without slowing down. After that Molly can copy Rigor Mortis or Decay, if I'm not mistaken, or cast her own spells.

Fill up the crew with Punk Zombies and Crooked Men, and perhaps Bête Noire for good measure, and you have a classic Nicodem block with more hitting power and lots of Corpse Counter.

If you can fit Rafkin in, you'll be getting even more Corpse Counters out of it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. I thought it was bad to bring punk zombies, or at least better to summon them. What would be a good list featuring Molly?

All of them, sure, but one, why not?

The Punk Zombies are slow. That is a problem when you bring them with McMourning or Seamus, but Nicodem is slower still - for him starting with at least one Punk Zombie isn't bad idea at all - anyone who charges Nicodem will have to take a counter-charge (or straight out Flurry) into consideration.

You can save 2SS by summoning it, but you spend 1 AP, 1 Corpse Counter and a high :crows card for that - it may simply not happen in time. With masters who can target you in turn 1, starting with a fighty crew makes more sense.

I personally want to try this, as soon as I get Molly box (preordered already):

Ressurectionists Crew - 35 - Scrap

Nicodem, The Undertaker
--
8 Pool

2 Vultures [4ss]

Molly Squidpiddge
[9ss]

Necrotic Machine [2ss]

• Mortimer, The Gravedigger
    [7ss]

• Crooked Man
    [4ss]

• Crooked Man
    [4ss]

and

Ressurectionists Crew - 40 - Scrap

Nicodem, The Undertaker
--
5 Pool

1 Vulture [2ss]

Molly Squidpiddge
[9ss]

Necrotic Machine [2ss]

• Mortimer, The Gravedigger
    [7ss]

• Crooked Man
    [4ss]

• Bête Noire
    [9ss]

• Punk Zombie
    [5ss]

Because there's a decent chance for 5 Corpse Counters (reliably 2~3 but that's still enough) in the first 2 turns, I can summon Crooligans, Necropunks, Corpse Construct or Rogue Necromancy depending on my needs... and Punk Zombies out of Crooked Men, once they die (they are solid blockers, but they don't survive too long in melee). And I'll have Mindless Zombies up from turn 1 too, which is quite important these days.

I guess I could work in Night Terrors in the list as well, should the Strategy require really fast objective grabbers, but I'd rather bring models which drop Corpse Counters in most situations.

Yeah, I mean, I've played a bunch with Nicodem recently and learned that his strong suit really isn't summoning. I mean, here is how I would use Nico's summoning, in a pinch, without Molly.

Mortimer walks up 4" and then throw a corpse counter 6" in front of Nico.

Nico walks up 6" then uses Casting Expert to Reanimate a Belle 6" in front of him.

Belle Lures Nico his walk towards her.

Nico just moved 9" that turn. Now he's that much closer and can hopefully throw out at least one Rigor Mortis, if not two, or even better, three.

Now next turn, hopefully you have an enemy within 15" and a mask so Mortimer can Fresh Meat! Nico once or twice and Nico is even closer!

Oh, and Killjoy is amazing with Nico.

• 1 month later...
Might have been addressed and I just missed it, but according to the wording as I read it zombie fodder is mandatory. Every other master with a similar ability has the word 'may' while his doesnt. Am I reading this right?

I've always thought "sacrifice to cancel" implies the choice (in order to cancel you have to sacrifice). Not sure about RAI here.