Because pink is awesome...

Rathnard

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rathnard - are these by any chance Pink in support of Women's Breast Cancer Awareness?

If anything, they're in support of breasts... :thumb:

In all seriousness though, I just wanted something unique, and pink just seemed to work nicely with Teddy and the creepy children. The flowers were a suggestion from my 13yo sister when it all turned out as well as it did, I couldn't resist continuing the theme. :D

Thanks for all the feedback guys - it's much appreciated!

With the remains of a 40k army and some trollbloods to paint, it might be a few months before I get to LCB. I'm still not sure how best to approach him though - he's a huge model, and just making him all-pink might be a bit much. Still, I've got some time to think it through so we'll see.

• 1 month later...

Just got posted this link by Tiny after talking about both my Alice in Wonderland themes (checkerboard, though) & Rathnard's work as a source of inspiration and erudition among the Neverborn community here.

There are obviously circus tricks here playing visual games with us (and more power to you for that - I love it), but it is underpinned with a brave & expansive vision together with a set of very sound technical painting skills.

Count me as a fan!

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

• 2 months later...

Another year, another update! The last half of the year was stupid-busy for me. Fortunately I had some time to paint over the christmas break, the result of which you can see here;

KillJoy and the Mature Nephilim (Old pic - I finally managed to upload them!)

PICT0045.jpg

A Poltergeist, my Waldgeists and the adorable vomit worm! ;)

WaldgeistTotems.jpg

The Distinguished Mr Leviticus!

Leveticus.jpg

Young Rusty Alyce. A bit of a pain to figure her colours out (I'm trying to avoid the earthy colours), but ultimately I'm satisfied with her.

Behind her you can see my canine remains - I had no idea how to do these guys she I just went with the ole' drybrush white/smother in ink approach. :rolleyes:

RustyAlyce.jpg

Bete Noir, the bloody bride. Bucket-loads of blood doesn't look as good on black so I went for a 'bridal' white colour scheme instead. The irony here is that I got married a few weeks before painting these guys. :D

BeteNoire.jpg

Jack Daw. I know I'm going to have to pin his feet to the base at some point. It's such a fragile connection.

JackDaw.jpg

Well it sure is different. Feel it works better with some of the figures than others but as an overall theme I do like it. Like the flowers on the bases you could make them fairly easy with polymore clay if you can not locate any in a shop. Actually at that scale it might not be too easy but you should be able to make them.

• 4 weeks later...