Leveticus Crews - Post up yours today!

n0signal

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you ever plan on summoning Killjoy?

You sacrifice Leveticus, seems pretty obvious to me.

Bad Juju is used to outflank your opponent. He is hard to kill and with the Terrifying ->13 and Reg 2 its make for a nice combo with KillJoy.

With the errata on KJ BLood prince he can effectively get a free charge of if you summon he at end of turn 2.

Then he's point blank next to a hollow waif/alyce? Levi isn't very fast, and if you're close enough to the opponent to be summoning Killjoy and not charging your shit, then you're either doing something very wrong, or wasting his AP. This is what we have undead models with slow to die for :P

You get the necromatic sacrifice (almost a compulsory action) and then maybe use 1 ap to go another 3. That a not too shabby 6 inch walk, leaving 2 ap for spells. Remember that the H Waif has to walk so when Leve comes backs you can position the H Waif in a favourable position. I see the logic to use a canine remains (only 2 SS) but that can be used in other ways. If I played against Leve with a dog, It wouldst get very far.

Personally, I'm with Omadon here; the best choice would be to take a Necropunk or two - they're like Killjoy/Bete Noire delivery vehicles! They can Leap + Cg (or Wk+Wk) a good distance, plopping themselves in the middle of the enemy crew. The enemy then has a choice: let the lesser of two evils (Necropunk) run amok, or kill them and risk a Slow to Die (1)Sacrifice and Killjoy appearing... or one last Wk from the Necropunk to get it into an ideal position for Bete to poop out.

Edited by n0signal

The point of the dog is to kill it early game and have another waif, without having to use Entropic Transformation in range of the opponent, as it takes alot out of Levi, especially if he has to cast it when he's only got one up - that means that the waif you place is going to be up the board, and the other one will be the only thing they really need to hunt for on that turn.

Furthermore, you can't exactly "Offtank" anything. Sure, he hits the board early, but he's bloody slow. Early game, planning on only having one waif is a problem. Sacrificing either Levi or a Waif later on means that he's actually mortal, and doing it early means that killjoys in your face, charging your shit. Although, tbh - blood price doesn't start up til turn three, so I suppose you could just dump him onto the board early, and then position him however you like. Meh - I just prefer him as something to worry about later in the game. Having things with slow to die out on the board puts alot of worry on people killing your shit. If you're going to take another big lump of points, tbh - I'd go for Betty any day over Juju.

You sacrifice the Hollow Waif, duh it comes back next turn anyway so you do it first turn ????? profit.

I never tried this list for Levvy but I thought it'd be pretty good.

Levvy 3SS

Hooded Rider

Killjoy

Rusty Alyce

Yes, and then you lose killjoy's ability to turn up anywhere, and spend the rest of the game a card down? Why do people think this is a good idea? Killjoy is a total fucking bullet magnet, and he's horrendously slow until blood price starts working, and when it's working, you don't want him anywhere near your models. Forcing him to miss Levi/a waif if he accidentally charges is actually pretty difficult when the contents of your hand is a valuable resource, and you're discarding to control him. Half the point of Killjoy is that he can spawn Anywhere. He's not just some undead heavy, he's a nuke, and as such you do not want to detonate him in your own fucking back yard. Duh. ¬_¬

• 2 weeks later...

I ran a "pure" Leveticus list last night @ 25SS (Levi, Alyce and 4x Abominations) and it was surprisingly effective. The Abominations can move frighteningly fast when they're all keeping pace with each other; I used three to drag them all 12" on the first turn, and then used Concentrated Deformation to bring forth the Desolation Engine, who then charged for another 8" (had full AP from the Abomination that hadn't activated)!! What I forgot to do tho was put Blessings of Desolation and Burn Out on one or two Abominations before I turned them all into the Desolation Engine, which I'll try to remember in the future.

The Engine died at the start of the next turn and pooped a couple of Abominations back out. I then spent the rest of the game recycling the Abominations (they kept getting killed and turning to scrap) and trying to make more using Necrotic Unmaking. I think I got three on the board, dangerously close to getting the Engine back, before Lady Justice used Restore Natural Order to kill all but one of them; the following turn she used her ability to sacrifice corpse and scrap counters to clear all the counters off the board for good - dashing my dreams of seeing the Engine once more *shakes fist*.

Playing abominations against justice is a verry, veerryy bad idea. Hell, playing anything against her is a bad idea :P Restore Natural Order > You. Still not -entirley- sure how to approach her really. The looming threat of just plain having no waifs is worrying. Fortunetly none of the justice players around here have decided to run Bishop against me, otherwise her threat range would be huuggee. (Adaptive Fighter for masks and toss her nine inches. 3 Damage doesnt really mean shit for that kind of mobility)

Restore Natural Order is powerful but...

1.) The threat range of 4x Abominations turning into Desolation Engine is larger than her 12" pulse, so if you're worried about your SPA's getting nuked them just pop the Engine out ASAP.

2.) It just does Wd's to things, therefore kills them, therefore they drop scrap counters. Levi and Alyce can just get the Abominations up and running again in no time!

3.) If Justice is using an (all) action to nuke everything, she's not doing anything else, like moving to tie Leveticus up.

As you say, it's killing the Waifs that is the dangerous thing, but then she'll have to be on top of Leveticus to do that as usually my Waifs are up to 10" behind me. Beings near to Leveticus for any master is usually a bad idea. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just starting to build a Levi crew, what do you guys recommend for proxying the waif(s)?

I'm looking to build up to 40SS with this as my Crew:

Levi

Alyce

Rotten Belle

SPA x4

Canine remains

Punk Zombie

Which leaves me 9 remaining and I'm not sure what to take.

I almost want to bring a arachnid swarm as is a solid self repairing construct that in a pinch can break apart and detonate for more direct damage.

the reason you would take the swarm would be more for it's horrible interaction with Blessings of Desolation. Paralize on hit? Ithinkso! Also, I don't see much point in the belle/zombie in this list. they rock if you take Killjoy, but beyond that, maybe just drop them and take a swarm? Having X4 SPAs and X3 Swarms will really let you **** up most peoples activations. Being able to volley swarms/SPAs miles across the board when nobody has any actions left is horrible, just drop a burnout on both of them, and paralize everything that the swarm comes in contact with :P

• 2 weeks later...