RISE of DECEMBER - 30 point Scrap at RIW Hobbies - Livonia MI Dec 12

nerdelemental

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RISE of December?! That beast will eat your face!

Well....not really like the big guy is going to climb out of a snowdrift and start eating everyone. More like he's stretching a little bit and bringing some wintry badassery down on the invaders.

You know...stirrings and stuff.

That's why one of the new scenarios will be "There Must Have Been Some Magic in that Old Silk Hat".

And an alternative event will be Snowball Fight.

December demands it!

Well....not really like the big guy is going to climb out of a snowdrift and start eating everyone. More like he's stretching a little bit and bringing some wintry badassery down on the invaders.

You know...stirrings and stuff.

That's why one of the new scenarios will be "There Must Have Been Some Magic in that Old Silk Hat".

And an alternative event will be Snowball Fight.

December demands it!

...and the trickiest scenario of all: "Don't eat the Yellow Snow!"

Proxy clause:

Models not yet released to the public my be played if a suitable alternative "proxy" model is available and meets the following requirements:

1. it must be on a legal 30, 40, 50 mm base as appropriate per the model's specifications.

2. It should represent the model for which it's pretending to be as accurately as possible (i.e., your GW Ork might be on a 30 mm base, but it won't pass as a Viktoria but it might pass for one of the gremlins).

3. You must bring your use of proxied models to your opponent's attention prior to deployment. Failure to do so wll mean I'll have to do something about it. :eviltongu

4. If you're afraid that your single Steampunk Arachnid doesn't look like a Steampunk Abomination, run it by me. I'll have the final say in a proxy's legality.

You may want to add a clause to stop this broken Som'er Teeth Jones, Mosquito Totem combo I am hearing about where you get to draw your whole deck and get right next to any model for death.

(Sorry Gordy)

Nerd may want to check this........

Here it IS

Originally Posted by greyseerco viewpost.gif

As a recent "victim" of the draw the complete deck into hand with a 4 mosquito, 2 Hog Whisperer, Warpig 25SS list, I must say this was rather disheartening, even when I ran a mostly construct list with Rasputina.

Turn 1, during all my activations, he just kept sacraficing one mosquito to another generating cards until all my activations were over, then proceeded to draw his entire deck. Then using the mosquitos to basically pull themselves across the board (using the combination of Summon and the fact that an All action can still be done if you are slowed), "moved" his 4 mosquitos across the board, then "moved" them right next to Rasputina, then had one attack with a red-joker, to which rasputina flipped, cheated and soulstoned to stay alive. Have a second mosquito repeat with a 13 and rasputina doing the same. Then using the other two sacraficed them away and moved, them back to the otherside of the board. Round 2 and 3 were the same until Rasputina died, having run out of soulstones.

So we meta-gamed a bit more and my only solution to this is to run with an all construct list, but even then with a Warpig with a stacked deck (by discarding all but the best, and spending the first portion of the turn drawing up the deck) he can kill most anything. If he can play the discard pile as only three cards (red joker and two 13's) card there is a 2/3 chance the attack is a 13, a 50/50 chance of the damage being red joker, and if so a warpig can do 12 points of damage in a single hit.

So I do hope there is a fix for this card draw engine, as it does make for very long and one sided battle.

If WS can make it here...So can any old Fool....(that means sign me up please)

Awesome, Fool! It'll be great to see you again (though you might not even remember me - I have two of your carrying trays).

It is on!

Sign me up for you doom nerdelemental!

I was hoping you'd sign up!

@Grotto: I don't know if the Wyrd decision will be made regarding the endless recursion in time for the event, but I don't think anyone intended on an endless recursion. I'll have an answer in place regardless to keep it under control, even though I think it's more a neat trick than broken auto-win.

:)

I'm glad you're all going to make it out for a great day of play!

Pam (the LGS owner) is also very excited. She says we'll have the room we need to accomodate some good play.

Also, she alluded to the thought that we might have even MORE prize support for the event. Enough to make it really appealing.

Also, my call on this one: you guys willing to drive from Chi-town: there's no reason we need you to pay the small $5 buy-in entry. I'll be absorbing your entry fee! We'll just be thrilled to have you. The driver(s) might additionally receive a small token of appreciation from me and/or Pam for the trouble, too.

Edited by nerdelemental

:)

I'm glad you're all going to make it out for a great day of play!

Pam (the LGS owner) is also very excited. She says we'll have the room we need to accomodate some good play.

Also, she alluded to the thought that we might have even MORE prize support for the event. Enough to make it really appealing.

Also, my call on this one: you guys willing to drive from Chi-town: there's no reason we need you to pay the small $5 buy-in entry. I'll be absorbing your entry fee! We'll just be thrilled to have you. The driver(s) might additionally receive a small token of appreciation from me and/or Pam for the trouble, too.

Oh sure the Chi-town boys get in free, is that because people from Wisconsin have to pay double?:smiliebla

Just one more to the list of reasons Nerd :aetsch:

:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

Oh sure the Chi-town boys get in free, is that because people from Wisconsin have to pay double?:smiliebla

Just one more to the list of reasons Nerd :aetsch:

:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

Not only would you be gettin' in free, but we're talking about an award not just for the driver(s) of the crew, but maybe for the guy that's come in the furthest!

Don't worry, Fool. Of all the reasons everyone wants me banned, you're not going to be one of them!

Arrrggghhhh! I live in CA. No way I am going to be there.

When you get your plane ticket, let me know the details so I can pick you up at the airport. I'll not only pay your way into the event, but I'll feed you, too!