2nd game against pandora

mattausten86

actually you only die when you fail a morale duel which from what i gather is not the same as a duel that uses WP from a spell for example. Morale duels usually come from terrifying models or WP duels that cause you to fall back.

when it comes to pandora and her woes I heard the trick is to attack the easier to kill sorrows first then start to take apart her crew piecemeal

actually you only die when you fail a morale duel which from what i gather is not the same as a duel that uses WP from a spell for example. Morale duels usually come from terrifying models or WP duels that cause you to fall back.

when it comes to pandora and her woes I heard the trick is to attack the easier to kill sorrows first then start to take apart her crew piecemeal

Sorry but its any failed WP duel - not just moral duels... so everytime your in range of a sorrow or pandora and you get hit with pacify, incite or any other spell which starts a WP->WP duel you need to win or take damage

I played against her fore the first time today. It was my second gome overall. Using the Ortegas, I had no trouble. They all (except Papa Loco) have better than average wp, and have stubborn. They also have enough ranged firepower to hurt them before they can hurt you.

That sounds more like what I've seen. Pandora can be pretty nasty, but the Ortega's, at least, seem to be able to keep her at bay. If there was a lot of intervening terrain, however, things might be different.

The Ortega's are kinda built to take her down. They have stubborn and average to above average WP all around. This does not make them unbeatable, but it does make it a challenge.

On the note of terrain, the Pandora player should be making sure there is enough terrain on the board to give them the cover they need. She's really rather hard to play and get right.

Sorry but its any failed WP duel - not just moral duels... so everytime your in range of a sorrow or pandora and you get hit with pacify, incite or any other spell which starts a WP->WP duel you need to win or take damage

Sorry for the threadnomancy, but I was replying in another topic and the related search also brought this up.

Begging your pardon, but Watchful Eye specifies Morale Duel, and NOT Willpower duel.

"Watchful Eye: Friendly Guild models with LoS to this model receive +2 Wp. Friendly Guild models losing a Morale Duel while in line of sight of this model are killed."

--Edited to add

Looking back over the thread, I believe Massaen mis-quoted a textblock, and that he was answering a question about taking damage from Pandora & Sorrows, while CerealKiller was talking about dying from Governor's Proxy's Watchful Eye.

Wouldn't matter except I know at least one player locally who was also confused by the thread.

Edited by Brasidas
To add clarity and further explanation.

He's right Bras.

They'd get the +2 Wp to use to defend against Incite, Pacify, etc. If they fail those duels, then they'd take damage due to Pandora and the Sorrows.

If they fail a Morale duel, brought about by things like; Trapped in your own nightmare, Teddy's Terrifying, Baby Kade, etc. They'd be killed Thanks to the Governor's Proxy. They would however still get the bonus granted by the GP.

He's right Bras.

They'd get the +2 Wp to use to defend against Incite, Pacify, etc. If they fail those duels, then they'd take damage due to Pandora and the Sorrows.

If they fail a Morale duel, brought about by things like; Trapped in your own nightmare, Teddy's Terrifying, Baby Kade, etc. They'd be killed Thanks to the Governor's Proxy. They would however still get the bonus granted by the GP.

Your quote matches my understanding, so that's all that matters.

However, the pedant in me is forcing me to belabor the point. Since our understanding of the actual rule matches, no sense in reading the following unless you've got a bit of the OCD too. :)

MattAusten said that he was thinking about taking the Gov's Proxy, but he'd failed so many Wp duels he'd have died by Watchful Eye.

CerealKiller said you only die outright if you fail a morale duel, not just a willpower duel.

Massaen quoted cerealkiller and said if you fail any wp duel you take damage, which is correct, but the conversation was about failing morale duels and dying due to governor's proxy.

One of my friends was telling me this weekend how anytime you fail a wp duel, the Gov's proxy kills you--he'd read this thread you see, and (I think) gotten turned around by the two conversations going past each other.

I chime in--ineffectively, lol--in an attempt to clear things up.

You state things much more succinctly. I wax pedantic and belabor the point entirely too much. :D :D