ok, this is rather silly, but I thought I'd post it here for laughs

25ss

Zoraida

Hamlin

Nurse

Ronin

1st turn setup, three models in front of Z at very edge of deployment

Ist actvation: nurse hits ronin with Speed and Stimulants

2nd activation: zor casts repulsive pushing all three models 6", then casts obey on ronin making him use run though (8" move)

3rd activation: hamiln casts obey on ronin, making him use run though (8" move)

4th activation: ronin activates, uses run though twice for 16" of movement (could be more if there are enemies to kill)

5th activation Re-activating - ronin - uses run though twice for another 16" of movement

6+8+8+8+8+8+8=54" of movement in first turn. I don't know what you would do when he gets there, as he probably won't kill something before he dies, unless it it relatively inconsequential, and once the ronin is dead, you are all out of non support characters. 6 ss dying on the first turn is rather expensive, making this a rather silly and non-functional list.

at 35ss you could have two more ronin, and buy a fourth during play, for 4 turns of guided missle ronins, but again, I don't know that it would be viable,especially if an obey or two failed, and left the ronin in the middle of the field, waiting to die. at the very least you would be out of control cards, and relying on flips by the time the ronin got anywhere, if you got a good control hand to being with.

Edited by Sushicaddy

At 35ss, this actually might be good for the "Kidnap" scheme, especially if the opponent has multiple low SS henchmen. also would be good for assassinate strategy, depending on the opponents master.

But this would also be a near Auto lose, for claim jump, Reconnoiter, treasure hunt, possibly even slaughter if the opponent has too many, or too tough of, or can summon models. you only get 4 tries with this trick, then you are left with hamlin and a nurse, both of which are not really "beatsticks".

as 25ss you only have one try, making this trick really not good.

Wait a min.... hold the phone! Did I just read that Zoraida can take Papa loco as a minion? that gives this tactic a different light!

am I wrong? I must be missing something...

25ss

Zoraida

Nurse

Hamin

Papa loco

6+9+9+7+7+7=45" then BOOM! Papa loco esplody! on the first turn?!? at 25ss?

I must be missing something here...:nutkick:

now again, at 25ss, you really don't have much else, but you are a whole board away, and zoraida can cast her sells as long as she can see someone, so finishing off what ever is left shouldn't be THAT hard...

I MUST be misreading something...

I don't see why you have to take Hamalin. The board size is 36" across. Now it's true if you get the diagonal deployments that are triangles it's about 40" from your deployment zone to your opponents. Still I think that Hamilin is unnecessary.

Yes you can take Papa Loco with Zoraida.

well, originally this was just about getting as much movement as possible in one turn. which is why hamiln was in there

However hamlin still works because if you use him, Papa loco can cast "take ya with me" twice in his reactivation having already moved 38" dealing 12 dm to anything within 6" and 15 dm to anything within 3" ('cause he then dies). that is enough damage to kill anything in the game in the first turn (I think).

but yes, if you just want to use "take ya with me" once in the first turn, then you don't have to use hamlin.

he was in there for silly movement, that just got serious.

Keep in mind that Papa Loco can not cast Take Ya With Me if it will kill him.

really? where is that? that is better at least.

EDIT:Ah... found it, page 55 under "wounds"

however here is another question, does he take 1 wd for both a thrown stick and a stick strike? because then he can use take em with me, and make a stick strike (taking a wound), then his activation ends, but his opponent makes a thrown stick strike, giving him another wound, killing him, and giving 5 wounds to all around him within 3".

so that still 11 wounds within 3" after moving 38" not counting the stick strike

Reguardless, this list would absolutely be more effective if you took Bad juju instead of hamlin, or something like that. effectiveness didn't enter into the equation until just now.

Edited by Sushicaddy

Ok, after some more thought this might be even more effective than I thought before... this is getting scary...

I seem to remember something about the largest amount of soulstones a master can begin the game with is 8, but I can't seem to find it now. That is my only grip about the FANTASTIC rulebook, it is very hard to find salient rules when you need to reference them. Maybe we should start a Player Generated Index thread?

So I am basing this 25ss crew off the concept that you can begin the game with 10 ss, but I fully acknowledge that that supposition may be incorrect. If anyone can direct me to a page where it specifically addresses this, I would appreciate it.

25 ss

Zoraida

Papa Loco

Nurse

Ronin

10 ss left over

First turn strategy

Crew sets up with first three models directly infront of Zoraida as far forward as the possible can.

1st activation: activat nurse, hit Papa loco with Speed and stimulant

2nd activation: activate zoraida - cast Repulsive, cast obey on Pap loco, make him charge forward 9"

3rd activation: activate ronin: pass twice

4th activation: activate Papa loco, move forward 7 twice, at the end of the activation draw a card. here you are hoping for no joker, as you are 23" away from your crew, but it is VITAL that you take a wound for making a stick attack. for the purposes of this trick we are going to assume no joker was drawn, and Papaloco takes a wound.

5th activation: papa loco re activates and moves right next to a model you want dead dead dead, and uses "take ya with me" since he has 7 wds at this point he is taken down to one wound. at the end of the activation draw a card, hoping for no joker. if no joker is drawn he kills himself with the stick attack doing 5 dm to everyone within 3" (36" movement)

2nd turn:

1st activation: Nurse hits ronin with Speed+stimulant

2nd activation: Zoraida summons a ronin and casts obey on the Ronin, making him use run though.

3rd activation: summoned ronin moves just in front of nurse

4th activation: tweaker ronin uses run through to get to the opposing crew and attacks as best he can (if he can get there)

5th activation: tweaker ronin reactivates and does even more killy goodness to opposing crew

3rd turn

same as second turn

4th turn

out of ss, so zoraida just sends in the last tweaker ronin to finish the job.

25ss, 3 tweaker ronin and a tweaker Papa loco doing stupid amount of dm.

again, my boxes come soon, so I can't try this TheoryfauX out yet, but on paper it seems pretty abusive, mainly of the rules. again, I don't think this crew will win every strategy, in fact, will probably lose most of them, but it still is an interesting excersise.

thoughts?

Doesn't Zoraida's rule of hiring from any crew over-ride the only 2 models rule?

But ronin have a WP of 5, therefore they don't fall under Zoraida's rule. So only two ronin (or any mercenaries with a wp of 5 or more) for the crew, but any number of Neverborn, or models with wp 4 or under.

It certainly would work at 30ss, but again, I don't really know if this tactic would actually work, or if it can be stopped in it's tracks with a savvy enough player. Due to the fact that each model activates individually, the opponent has a chance to interrupt, and kill or paralyze whatever guided missile is coming their way.