Bad Juju

Pseudokinetic

ok, i think i completely played him wrong last night (had just bought the box and was messing around in a 3 player game).

i popped him up behind a guild player and charged lady justice (whacked her for 9 damage, and woulda killed her w/ a landslide had she not gotten a prevention flip)... but he technically counts as a summoned model, so should of had slow for that round, correct?

i also waited for the last possible action i could, and summoned him and activated him at the end... guessing i should have summoned him right when i had an unactivated model on the table (realized that after rereading his card)

so assuming i played both those wrong (pretty sure i did)... how do you pop him up and make him effective that turn? only thing i can think of is to use his one action to get close to the enemy and landslide.

any thoughts anyone would care to share?

(didn't see a tactica on this model anyhoot)

I don't have my book on hand to check the Slow issue. I've used him in just one game so far but what I do is summon him set up to charge an enemy model that's already activated. Either one important enemy model or a cluster of small ones if I want to Landslide them.

If he really is Slow on the turn he shows up then I was doing it wrong and your plan of walking + landslide is probably good if you can get at least a couple of models. Otherwise just walk into position to maul something next turn.

Well no wonder he was such a hoss then! So this would apply again every time he comes back to life I take it?

I wasn't applying Slow to Nicodem's new buddies either, so that probably totally invalidates that game...

He's only Summoned once when he's initially deployed with From the Earth.

Eternal he is just placed. And remember how the timing of Eternal places him. If he's killed, at the End Closing Phase of the next turn, discard 2 Soulstones to place this model anywhere in play that is at least 7" from an enemy model.

So that means you have a whole turn to play without him being on the table.

That's a question I have to answer frequently. Some people think that you can just spend the stones & place him the turn he's killed when it is in fact the following turn. ;)

You get a big bad model for 10 stones. Then you get the option to take another half of the same big bad model for 2 stones when it should probably cost 4-5. It's really not a bad deal. Sometimes you might not be able to spare the stones, but if you CAN, and if he's in a position to do some good and not get immediately waxed again, then it's a good deal. If the situation isn't right, then you don't have to spend them.

Imagine if the Mature Nephalim had an option where if you decided at some point in the game that you didn't need 3 of his health you could remove them and get a partial refund of the points you spent. I don't know about you but I'd be over the moon about having that option. Bad Juju does something similar, just in sort of reverse order - you pay for him on the installment plan but you can drop out if you want to.

• 3 weeks later...

However if you summon him within 12" of Zoraida, and she hasn't acted yet, she can obey him to charge, then on his activation he can still take a swing, yes?

EDIT: also, it's a little vauge... when you summon Bad Juju, do you still get to activate a model, or is that your activation turn even though no model was activated?

Edited by Sushicaddy

I might be wrong but I don't think Pandora or Hamelin can make him move either. Lilith's "earthquake" could, but you'd have to position her right so his target doesn't move too.

Pandora makes him lose "immunity to influence" when within 12" of her so that he is subject to "obey" from Hamelin.

Come to think of it, she would also do this to teddy....