Hockey? anyone?

EricJ

I guess I'll be the other side of this discussion. I have alot of respect for the skill and athleticism required for grown men to ice skate at full speed while trying to hit a small rubber disk with a stick, I think the fighting and unnecessary hits away from the action detract from the game. Behavior that will get you arrested on the street is acceptable (well, you get a bit of time in the penalty box) on the ice, as long as there's no lasting damage. And the simple fact that almost every team has a guy who's there to beat up other players should say something.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Zephir...nice avatar :)

Yeah I was upset also but at least it was two OT losses so we still get a point for each one.

My wife is a Pens fan and kinda likes the Caps, so you could imagine what last years playoffs were like.

I love Hockey more than football and baseball, big Ravens and Orioles fan but my love is for the Caps. This is our year to bring Lord Stanley's cup to D.C

I'm a big fan of the Calgary Flames, even though they stress me out every spring. I just stay pessimistic and assume they are going to miss the playoffs, or get swept in the first round. Only in the year before the lockout did I actually start getting optimistic. Of course, they shattered my hopes. Again. Stupid Martin Gelinas goal that wasn't in game 6 of the finals. :-(

On a national level, I've never been able to get behind the US team (aside from 1980), mostly because I've usually hated several players on the team. Instead, I get behind Canada.

Also if you check out the brackets, Canada will now play Germany, and if they win, they will play RUSSIA in the quarterfinals.

If Finland wins tonight, making USA the #2 seed, the winner of the Canada/Russia game will play USA in the Semi-finals. If Sweden wins tonight, then the USA wouldn't meet Canada, Russia, or Sweden until the finals, making about the perfect bracket setup for the US team.

So everyone cheer for Sweden in the late game tonight...or a any type of overtime game.

good job USA, that was pretty one sided! You know Canada wants a rematch, now that it REALLY matters.

I normally don't watch hockey but the first fifteen minutes of the match was so fun I couldn't stop watching. I guess there will be a few new TVs sold this weekend... I've heard some of the hockey fans really don't like the national team losing :D