Hockey? anyone?

EricJ

bettman KNEW the deal would go through, but he did not want it to so he is punishing the Jet's by making them adhere to an Atlanta Schedule. Not a hard decision to make or hard thing to do.

The Jet's take Detroit's schedule and they take Atlanta's how hard is that? Then next year you adjust divisions. Bingo Bango and it is complete.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that like me your a detroit fan I see absolutley no problem for one year having 1 team that actually has to travel farther than we do.

However the sale wasn't finalized till after the 11-12 schedule was made so that is why I see why it was too late too switch things around considering that arena's get booked quick for events it would be a logistical nightmare to switch things around.

No, not really. Mike Illitch could offer the FOX or Comerica Park for venues if dates overlapped. Detroit would bend overback ward for the Wings So ONLY one team would make changes per say, Detroit. The Jets would willingly accept any schedule and as they would have west coast teams to play instead of traveling their entire schedule they could just move into Detroit's. The hew and cry came from the bettman favorite EAST coast teams that whined as they would have to travel out of their TIME ZONE more than once. That one hour time change or airplane ride instead of a bus makes a big difference to those teams, it is sooo far.

All Scheduling is done by computer, so a quick change and it is done in minutes. The Owners had to approve the deal, bettman only approved it after they did and with the stipulation no schedule change, his napoleon complex would not allow him to not get in the final word.

Yes I cannot stand that little man. Moved from the NBA because he hated players that were taller than him. . . and hands Chara the cup. PRICELESS Photo.

Winnipeg isn't a west team. Everyone thinks they are but for some reason people can't look on a map and see that they are basically a "mid west team" granted I understand there probably isn't a canadian mid west but if you look at a map Winnipeg is essentially in line with state of Misery (lol see what I did there) just way north of it.

Also when (not if) phoenix moves next year (the real jets ironically) there is a big question of where they go (I've heard rumors of either Quebec, Hamilton, or Kansas city). Also as much as I would like to see the wings move east (to reignite our real rivalries Toronto, Boston, Shclitzburgh, sadly probably not Montreal I would assume they would be in same conference but probably different division. Unless they do go with a 4 division league we will probably not get to move back east.

So unfortunatley we will have to deal with our little kid brother trying to kick us in the shins again (Chicago) while we do not care and win our division again for the umptenth time (big brother ignores the child and still whips them verbatim like we have the past 50 years though we were probably equals in the dead wing era we still dominated them in our supposed "rivalry"). Also even though Illitch has some pull with the governors do you actually trust that betteman will keep his word with us when it is pretty clear he dislikes our franchise. Also I would not be surprised if every western conference team minus San Jose and Vancover cause they would gain the most by us leaving the conference actually allow us to move back east when we are damn near guarented sell outs for their teams when we come to town.

Edited by Odin1981

Oh I don't disagree with you in the slightest betteman has no understanding of the traditions of the storied original (kinda) franchises.

But the main problem is two other organizations also share our predicament, those being nashville and columbus. Know I know we were "promised" I believe 10-15 yrs ago that we would get the first nod to go back. However from a realistic approach even as much as I hate to say it that Nashville will get the nod over us due to them easily no questions asked fit geographicaly into whatever they will call the south east division.

The only thing that "could" still get us are move at least in my humble opinion would be that when they realign before 12-13 that they announce 2 more franchises coming online soon (say within 2 years) that are both based in locations west of the mississippi river (KC and ? seattle or portland maybe) but if Quebec/Hamilton does get a team again I'd all but guarentee we get the shaft to moving back where we belong.

And if they do get a 6 division again sorry to say as much as we want to go back east we won't.

Edited by Odin1981

Let's face it of all the NHL teams, the one that gets the least "love" is Detroit. They are a class organization from top to bottom. When players come to Detroit, they do so far a chance to win, and usually stay, at least in the area, if not in the organization.

All bettman has to do is show some thought process. Original 6 play the first six games home and home, then the last 6, alternating every year.

Original 6 play the Winter Classic.

DUMP emrick and mcguire IMMEDIATELY!!!

Quit playing up Cindy Crysby. . . and Alex Ovechkin for that matter.

Quit trying to force this "rivalry" thing that is silly.

And move Detroit to the EAST so we can sweep the conference clean.

but. . it is little gary and he cannot fathom hockey.