Hockey? anyone?

EricJ

Well, I am not going to hold my breath here, but any Hockey fans around? A large number of models for Malifaux had the genesis of their statlines created with a San Jose Sharks game in the background and I follow the whole league pretty closely in the little free time I have anymore. Any one else follow the NHL?

anyone? :D

a san jose sharks game is the one and only (big) sports event I have seen in the flesh. I was even completely dressed in san jose sharks supporter-wear ;)

this experience is one of the main things wich made me want to life in the usa.. we were seated next to coyote fans (who were having dinner at the start of the game.. not unhealthy gallons of beer.) and they did not try to beat us up, threaten us or kill us.. instead all of the violence is on the field, just as it should be with sports.

I really like watching icehockey, but its not something you can follow here.

as far as that is concerned I definitely life in the wrong continent.

at Highschool I was not very good (tough not extremely bad either.) at soccer, basketball, volleyball etc. .. I was fastest in the class, but a bit rough (as in I would accidentally tackle someone at soccer every single time.)

shortly we had *experimental* american football lessons, and I was good at that (wich is hard to believe when you see my built ;) tough I weigh the same now as I did when I was 12/13.. and most of my classmates dont/didnt then ;)) and really enjoyed that sport as well.

so in summary

no, not following it :P

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone can follow if you really want (www.nhl.com), as their official website has a real good video recaps of all the games :)

That said, I think Hockey is a game that has the TV appeal of soccer, meaning you have to be a fan to really enjoy it, without being a fan I can see that it would seem a bit slow, and the scoring can come very slowly. In person though, I think Hockey is perhaps the most exciting game, and is an amazing live game, and you can really just feel how hard and fast they players play. I try to get to the Shark tank as often as I can. :)

Anyone want to make preseason predictions for the finals?

Will it be another Wing/Pens?

Will San Jose make it past the first round?

Can a Canadian team bring home the cup?

Who will win the Presidents/Art Ross/"Rocket"/Vezna...etc...

How do people see this season playing out? What will the big stories be?

The preseason has started!

One of the things I actually enjoyed about last year was the number of Wings/Sharks players who were frequenting each others boards on NHL.com as they (along with Boston), we the top teams in the regular season. Actually created a lot of respect between the fans of the 2 clubs, and was nice to see the discussions really getting down to hockey and not just all about "OMG your team suxx!! My team could beat you without our top 2 lines"

List of people to not like:

silentbob27

maverickman5

any other Wings fans please feel free to add your names!

Kidding of course, but the old divisional rivalry with Detroit and Chicago is hard to let go!

Lets go Blues! 1-0 preseason record!!

I'm not the biggest fan in the world, but you might as well add me to the list.

It's not easy to let go of the rivalry. You just have to come to understand that the Wings will beat them up too much to remain a Chi-town fan....then it's a piece of cake.

Anyone want to make preseason predictions for the finals?

Will it be another Wing/Pens?

Will San Jose make it past the first round?

Can a Canadian team bring home the cup?

Who will win the Presidents/Art Ross/"Rocket"/Vezna...etc...

How do people see this season playing out? What will the big stories be?

The preseason has started!

Will it be another Wing/Pens? Nope. Pens flame out in 2nd round. Wings vs Boston

Will San Jose make it past the first round? Not if they meet the Wings

Can a Canadian team bring home the cup? Not a snowballs chance

Who will win the Presidents/Art Ross/"Rocket"/Vezna...etc... The Cup is all that matters :D

As usual, I'm jumping in a little late... I'm originally from near Buffalo, so I'm a lifelong Sabres fan. (Man, I miss 'Hockey Night in Canada'!) I don't get to watch much hockey at all anymore, can't really keep up as much as I'd like, but I catch a little now & then, read the news online, etc.

When I used to live in Edmonton it was a blast going to home games. I love the game but I can't make time to watch it. It really is the best sport, and the athleticism involved is amazing. Being Canadian you grow up with two things in your blood at all times, beer and hockey. Magic is when the two of them get together.

I mean, in what other sport can you punch a guy in the face for being a tool? Nothing better.

the 'Nucks kicked the Sharks around too last night, sucked to see Ehrhoff score on us, as we basically gave away a 40+ point defenceman for a song to clear cap space for Heatley. That said, I do actually hope he manages to pull together his defensive responsibilities and passing and you never discover why he earned, and kept, the nickname "Error" here in SJ, as he honestly could grow to be a top pairing level defenceman.

Woot! Hockey fans!!!!

I do loves me some Stars hockey, heck hockey in general. Preseason has started and I am definitely ready for the season to start. Since I live 2.5 hours from the arena I wish they broadcast preseason games here.

I do have something to look forward to....lower bowl seats to the season opener....I am gettin moist just thinkin about it.