Add another follower to the Papa Loco is Underrated Fan Club!

Pensfan

Now, let me first preference this a bit... our group has only played a handful of games at best. Most of us have played less than a dozen games, while I have played 3 real games and a couple demos myself.

However... in those three games, my unabashed All-Star has been Papa Loco beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Has he survived any of the games? Hell no.. :)

Has he taken out 2-3 x his SS cost in enemy models? At least... every time!

I have heard a lot of people talking about removing PL for other options in a Perdita led crew recently so I was a little hesitant about him at first. However now after using him a bit on the actual table, he is quickly becoming an "auto-include" in any Perdita crew, and a pretty damn good option in any Guild crew.

:)

Exactly... I have been advancing him under cover to make sure he hits the groups largely unscathed. The best part too is that if they start focusing on him, that leaves the rest of my army to go after their priority targets.

Now I admit we are all new, so this is going to change some, but right off the bat I am really liking the tools he brings to the table. Especially the psychology of him.

:)

I love Papa Loco, I just suggest in a lower Stone game to remove him because in low point games it can be hard to secure objectives and having a walking bomb makes that even harder.

That being said last night he managed to do a lot of damage. I think he managed to take out 5 or 6 models on the table. Only 2 of them were friendly.

Loco!!!!!!!!!

I don't leave home without him. Hell, I'd rather drop Nino or Fransisco, personally. Loco and Santiago are my Ortega auto-includes. You can't ignore Loco, and when all else fails, just run him into the thick of things and let him go out in a blaze of glory. He doesn't have enough of a brain left to remember anyway, as evidenced by the plate in his head.

Don't let anyone knock Loco from just theory-faux. He's just so much fun on the table, and he can totally throw off whatever your opponent has planned.

I'm not a huge fan of Papa myself, and my last game I removed him in favor of models that could actually help with objectives, while not having to worry about having my own crew near him. The Convict Gunslinger is a much better fit for me, since not only is he a good shot, but he can also really mesh well with the Ortega crew's special abilities and triggers.

Papa is fun, and he'll see the table, but not as often as the other Ortegas. Personally I'm a huge fan of Nino.