Tactica: Zoraida

Kealios

So they say Pandora is one of the hardest Masters to, well, master. Lilith is a heat-seeking missile. So where does that leave Zoraida?

I like the fluff of her Starting crew, but I dont think the Silurids are all that awesome except their SS cost is lowish. I actually think Kade and Teddy are a better combo than Bad Juju solo, and I dont see any really obvious combos with her yet. I love that she doesnt need to pay SS for her Totem, but other than that she seems straight forward.

Questions:

Who do you run her with?

Do you make use of her Enthrall, and if so, who do you bring in?

Do you have any really nasty tricks you use with her, other than whats on her card?

I tested Zoraida, Bad Juju and 3 silurids combo the most.

Bad Juju comes outta nowhere with the hurt. Right about now your opponent has to rethink their plan as a massive beast comes outta nowhere and starts havoc.

The silruids are fast into action under cover. They have leap and got some spifffy upgrades since Beta. They take fodder damage and do some okay damage until juju shows up. Don't forget they have pack*

Zoraida, well she has all sorts of tricks. My favorite is Bewitching something with her, first activation of the turn, then focus fire the on that target* and they are at the mercy of fate. And of course Hex is the best way to piss your opponent off. Poison stacks so thats nice in a bind. Idk... lots of ways she can be nasty.

Edited by Peterdita

I was wondering about pack. When I activate the first silurid do any others within 6" benefit from pack right there and then, or does the first silurid they have to finish their activation and still be within 6" or the next silurid. If that makes sense.

ie: 3 silurids start within 6" of each other. The first one bounds off with leap and then charges so he's now 18" further ahead (man that's fast!), can I still activate the other two with "pack"?

Yea, Pack is like Companion, which is triggered at the start of a model's activation.

Leap is awesome, I totally agree. 18 " of free movement is killer, but a 7 for a casting means you are bound to have to cheat on it (2 Silurids Leaping is 4 casting cards, at least) and I a) dont like relying on 4 good draws in a row, and B) am not sure I want to blow good cards from my Hand on just movement.

What about running Zoraida's crews as if she were Pandora? Sorrows, Dopplegangers, Woes...she wont get the ability of zapping people at 12" when they fail a WP test, but the Sorrows will allow that, and the other Woes will contribute to the Sorrow's damage. Using a Zeitgeist (name? book not in front of me) that can push forests around might help reduce ranged threats...

What about running Zoraida's crews as if she were Pandora? Sorrows, Dopplegangers, Woes...she wont get the ability of zapping people at 12" when they fail a WP test, but the Sorrows will allow that, and the other Woes will contribute to the Sorrow's damage. Using a Zeitgeist (name? book not in front of me) that can push forests around might help reduce ranged threats...

Waldgeist.

Don't forget, Zoraida can use models from any other faction with 4WP or less. such as Papa Loco, Nurses and Gremlins. (albeit, it does cost +1 Soulstone per)

Yea, Pack is like Companion, which is triggered at the start of a model's activation.

Leap is awesome, I totally agree. 18 " of free movement is killer, but a 7 for a casting means you are bound to have to cheat on it (2 Silurids Leaping is 4 casting cards, at least) and I a) dont like relying on 4 good draws in a row, and B) am not sure I want to blow good cards from my Hand on just movement.

How do you get 18" free? I get the first 9" from leap but you can only do it once.

Instinctual specifies different (0) actions.

Instinctual specifies different (0) actions.

Hmmm. I took that to mean two (0)'s...I didnt read it literally. Well, that affects how I play Marcus now, too :(

I was thinking of running Zoraida with Bad Juju (10), Candy (8) and a Sorrow (3), a Doppleganger (8) and Hamlin (10). Dont laugh - its only 39SS :) We'll get to 45 eventually!

Bad Juju fits her theme and is an awesome tank/melee beast. Candy can heal Zoraida and her Crew, with a Sorrow as backup to keep Candy up. Doppleganger...well, he will cast Obey (just like the Voodoo Doll will) and is available as melee if confronted by a big nasty.

Hamlin? Well, I just was realizing what a head trip he is. He has Obey too...so Obey, Lure, Lure...dead bad guy. Oh, I like it. Especially since Zoraida can start the chain by grabbing someone who has already activated and Walk him closer to the edge.

I'm wondering how to combine some of these elements for 35SS. I guess Juju could come out and make way for some smaller elements, like Terror Tots or Silurids...

Edited by Kealios