Building an effective crew

knightdrake

So far since Gencon the group has played primarily with the boxsets to get a good feeling for the game. Now it is time to step out and start building crews that pull together some good synergies togethers.

What are your thoughts on good crews for our Arcanists or Outcast models that bring in some benefits. Also what are the usual point games you are playing?

I use Rasputina primary master, was looking to adding a Convict gunslinger to provide some extra ranged firepower. December's Touch along with Bulletproof 1 helps soak up ranged damage. Was even entertaining Killjoy for a solid melee beast with December's touch.

The Convict is quite a good model, and actually probably fits pretty well into most lists. Killjoy is a bit more tricky due to his high cost, and while he is undeniably VERY good at what he does, and adds some tactically flexibility by being able to bring him to the table anywhere another model is, he is still a large SS cost and as such probably only really mostly effective in larger games, at least 30-35SS.

Just my thoughts on it :)

May experience so far with Rasputina is that she can deliver a solid punch but still needs something extra in respect to range. December Acolytes are working fine but only getting 1 12" shot in. The Convict seemed a perfect fit for her crew with being able to pump out 3 shots. She can easily protect him moving forward so they can effectively tag team a model.

I'm a big fan of The Crazy Cat Lady list (Rasputina, 3x Hoarcats, Sabertusk), but I think her box set or her box set swapping a Gamin for an Acolyte is probably the best match up I've found yet. Suit management with the 'tusk gets tricky because now everyone and their Grandma wants a high-valued mask (IIRC).

At 30 and 35, I see her opening up more. Joss is a beat machine, who can really benefit from December's Touch. Both totems she has access to look to add to her. Convict Gunners could be rather hilarious: with Frozen Heart and Bite of Winter you could really start spitting out damage.

Molemen don't look too bad with her either; they are tough to get rid of, can be brought to armor value "silly", and look to be excellent place holders for scenarios. If nothing else, they're happy being "arc nodes".

Is there any specific crew you're finding you need the extra ranged support against?

I think Joss is an absolutely amazing choice for Rasputina, I must admit I have a hard time imagining a list with her and not with him...

Honestly my play style is to build balanced lists to deal with any situation. As such my units fill in the gaps in my masters abilities. For Rasputina I like using fast/heavy hitters. The sabertooth, Nephilim, Joss, Large Arachnid swarm, etc. The Gaimin/Golem are still good, and definitely an option, I just like covering her weaknesses.

I dont know much about rasputina but I will speak up for Ramos and some of the obvious synergies.

He works well with all constructs! so in a scrap format here are his choices of buddies

constructs: All of these guys benefit from his construct abilities; companion, the heal, the defensive aura, as well as being able to be exploded

Injun Joss

Steam Borg

Spiders solo

Spider swarms

Ice Golem

Ice Gamin

Steampunk Abominations (made my rusty)

Desolation engine (if you make enough steam punks from rusty to make one)

Synergistic Outcasts:

Johan - He is cheap with Ramos since he is a member of the union reducing his cost to 5 and he also gets +2 to ca and def with a union member near him.

Rusty Allyce - She makes constructs and she can reactive all constructs as well. She also gets Ramos' cast value of 8 when she is with him and gives him a hand size of 8!!

These are just the obvious ones for scrap level games. If your going to a brawl then the list gots much more awesone with Leveticus as a master who can hire ANY construct whom Ramos can buff even further.

IF I AM MISSING ANY LET ME KNOW!!

Edited by orius

Joss and Convict Gunslinger. Bam, your list is ready!

Like you said, the Convict Gunslinger adds so much to almost any list. Plus, he's just cool looking. Joss is one of the top two melee minions in the game, and he's all yours as an Arcanist. charge him up and let him rip through people. Use snow storms to help shield him if you need to.