First game in! Lady J vs. Ramos

blkdymnd

What a blast! So we had at it, I knew mostly what I was doing, he had no clue not seeing the rulebook yet. But we went at it. We got long edge deployment. I had flipped Slaughter and he had flipped Recon and both chose two schemes. We kept them secret. I can't remember his, but mine were to keep him out of my deployment zone and keep my model count within 1 of his.

I deployed Judge and 2 Marshalls in a group to one side and Lady and a Marshall on the other side. He bunched his up behind a building with 2 spiders playing flank on the other side.

We advanced mostly up the center street with Judge and my Marshalls covering the flanks while Lady J kinda advanced up the middle. I knew she was my best shot at the Steamborg, so I wanted her to get dirty quick.

Through the game, my Lady supporting Marshall ended up biting it to the two Spiders on the flank. Just kept whiffing his attacks and they got in a few that hurt him and then just blew up when he had 2 points left. Judge and the other Marshalls were fighting off the other spider and another one he had made while Lady J advanced on Ramos and the Borg. Ramos had hit her a couple times with Electrical Fire and the Steamborg finally advanced on her. After the Borg whiffed on a couple attacks she sent him spinning and pretty much whooped him. I wasn't able to rid the land of the scrap counters in time though and he made another spider. With a couple left and her down to 4 points, he sent in one and then another to take out the Lady leaving me down to Judge and one Marshall at that point. Ramos, for a DF 2 guy is hard to take down with that armor. And he had a couple stones left to protect as well. So even after Judge had done his best and the last Marshall, he still took out my Marshall to end the game on turn 8.

After counting up though, I got the tactical win with 2 points for slaughter and getting one point each on my schemes.

This game is incredible and both of us are completely sold. We forgot all about healing flips, so we'll remember next time and I know there were abiliities and tricks we forgot that we'll learn up on, but overall had a great time and planning our next game for Saturday.

Nice work, Wyrd, on the card mechanics. The duels are really great fun and feel like almost a side game to the actual game. Amazing stuff, and I'm glad I got in on the ground floor of the development so I can stay caught up with all the new cool stuff.

Excellent!

I love to see a crew wiped out but lose the match. No offense to the Ramos Player (Obviously. You corrupt guildy you!)

Very glad you both love the game!

Agreed! That's the beautiful thing about Malifaux... victory doesn't always depend on killing the enemy!

Sounds like it was a fun game!