Adding another boxset to my Ortegas... help?

Pensfan

So I have played just a handful of games now, still learning the game as well as my Ortega boxset. However the Ortegas are fully painted now, so it is time to add another boxset / few minis to the collection.

Since I am broke lately like everyone it seems... haha... and I can't buy the entire range all at once, I am adding a new boxset as I paint the existing one. I am looking for advice on which to add to my Ortegas first>

Sonia or Lady Justice, and 1-2 Mercs / individual figs?

Thanks!

Yeah what AoM said. You get a bunch of Mercs and a 2nd master if you want to upgrade to a brawl.

From a Guild perspective its really hard to choose. LJ and crew have a lot of Melee that can help your Ortegas out, but Sonnia and team got a lot of cool magic abilities and such. It realy depends on your play style.

Sonnia's not just for anti-Arcanist duty. She's a very solid melee master, and she's got one of the top tier ranged spells in the game, if not the best. Run her into melee with a model that's already activate and then use Inferno after you're done attacking. bonus damage! plus, if you've hit in combat, you've messed with your opponent's control hand AND gotten yourself another Control Card.

The great thing about the stalkers, is when you get them stuck in the middle of things, they disrupt all those spells, and even when the enemy kills them, they do more damage than they likely were going to do while living. Anti-magic bombs :D

And they look like ninja dwarfs :D

Suicide Bombers? Dammit, now I'm going to have to justify other reasons for wanting to play them.

Stupid muslim terrorists ruining my fun. :(

The story where Sonnia converts that dude into a Stalker was really cool though, and that's why I really dig them.