Tuesday Tussles at RIW Hobbies, Livonia, MI

nerdelemental

Every Tuesday evening from 6:00 - 11:00 or later, come out to RIW Hobbies in Livonia, MI (5 Mile and Middlebelt) for a good demo, full game experience, or decent discussion on the game!

I have crews from just about each of the factions and will happily loan some out for the evening! Some might even be decently painted. If you're lucky.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be stopping by either this Tuesday or the next for a demo.

Got in a quick one at GenCon and am really pumped for this game.

My group is still in the box, but I'll try to assemble it soon.

:)

And, as I've mentioned elsewhere, I have a lot of faction representation in my bag already that I'm comfortable loaning out, so don't sweat it if you're unassembled for now.

Just come out and get some games in!

• 4 weeks later...

Well all I can say about tonights game is ouch.

I paired up against NerdElemental as it had been about a month since we had played each other. He had some new(awesomely customized) minis to play, and I as always proxied like a madman to fill my Ramos list.

We had normal deployment in the quarantin zone with me trying to Slaughter and he trying to Assassinate.

Turn 1 The essence of power successfuly cast Electrical Fire on a Mature Neph, doing weak damage. Not to be outdone Ramos also cast E.F. on the same Mature Neph doing mod damage. Lilith advanced and thanks to my reminder to Nerd that she was fast, successfully cast the switcheroo spell trading th locations of my EOP and his other Mature neph, ending our 1st turm with Ramos standing toe to toe with the big ugly.

ok side note: at this point in my hand I had the Redjoker, two 13s, and 11 and a 2. I thought I was gonna be in good shape even if I didnt win initiatve, I also had my Soulborg Executioner 7 inches away ready to charge and be the hero.

Turn 2 I dropped the 2 and picked up an ace and 19 to replace it. I flipped an 11 for initiative while Nerd flipped a weak card. Cool! I had won initative and although the Soulborg and Ramos were too far away to companion, I decided the Soulborg would have a better chance to kill the mature neph than Ramos. I charged but unfortunately did not kill the neph but did force him to discard 4 cards due to decapitate. Ok so that sucked, but I still had a handful of great cards to save Ramos. The Neph swumg on me with a high card, while Ramos flipped a 2. Knowing that there were three attacks coming , I foolishly decide to weather this attack and the best I could do without spending SS was to bring the difference to Moderate. Unfortunately for me the damage flip was the REdjoker and then another Severe damage on the second flip. I thought I would be coy and use my REdjoker to prevent damage (yes I know NOW that you cant cheat a healing/prevention flip. RTFM to me) Ramos took 11 damage and could only prevent 3 damage because my flip for prevention was weak, and armor 2. The neph swung 2 more times and dut to my low defense and his much better attack flips, my terrible prevention flips it all resulted in a Dead Ramos. Constructs dont bleed, but they do cry....

The soulborg then died to lilith and the other mature Neph. Joss tried to kill of Lilith but just couldnt crack her high defense and her disappearing act.

The other side of the map had my arachnid swarm and ice gamins fooling around with tatertots and a young neph, nothing really exciting just swinging back and forth.

Turn3 I won initiative and had joss add 3 to his damage and flurry on Lilith, Unfortunately he was unable to get any attacks through, and after Lilith opened a can up on him , we decided to call the game as the finale was quite clear.

I've said it once, and I'm sure I'll say it a million times more: Even when I get totally crushed and lose like a noob, I still enjoy and love playing this game!!

Good Game NerdElemental. I'll get you next time!

It was an awesome game, Mav! And not because I won, but because we both tried different things and had packed hands.

(STEAMborg, btw)

When Lil transpositioned my Mature Neph with your totem it was awesome even if I didn't manage to take the kill. It would have forced you to sit there and given me board control which is certainly what Lil's game is all about. Getting the hit on you with Red Joker damage and added heavy damage was just totally unexpected and the cards dictated the rest of that game from that one flip. Hard to come back from that. Funny and interesting, though, that your flips with your Steamborg, forcing four really hot cards of my own out of my hand (decap) and leaving me with just two for the entirety of my turn - on the kill run - was just exciting gameplay.

@enVeA: There's always three of us and then 2-4 more that are the irregulars. Almost always there's four or five of us playing every Tuesday. We're seeing more side-line interest pick up, though from the WM/Hordes players that are trying it out, too. Jackson's a haul, we realize, but if you made it out periodically we'd try to show you a decent night of gaming. We know some other Jackson guys - any chance you're one of them or their group (IMI, Bowsher)? Try to give us a shout before you come and we'll even agree on gamesize and maybe figure out strategies and board layout so when you get there we can get our game on quickly and squeeze in no less than 3, maybe more, games!

Technically I'm not in a group but my friend is and we both know Mike (Bowsher), and it's good to hear that it's at least an average of 2-4, seems a bit better then some nights at the places we play down here, haha, but me, Jacob, and Mike had all planned on making a trip up there one Tuesday, as soon as we had our armies organized and were a bit more practiced at the scenario games, so as to not look like total noobs, haha. But I'll keep in contact and we'll see what we can set up, thanks for the quick response. =)

So I had my 3rd game last night. I played vs Bowen using Lilith. Apparently correctly this time, as I got wiped off the board. Still, I had my shot and blew it. He brought Lilith and a few nephilim in close. Justice walked in and toasted the mature one. Then I won iniative for next round. Justice had to walk out of melee with a young neph and a tater tot. She failed as I tried to soulstone without cheating and drew an ace.

DOH! I had a crap hand, so I was trying to save my one good card to use on Lilith. Had I made it, I would have ended her.

Guess you can't win em all.

Good game Dave!

We(NerdElementaland I ) had a great game last night: 40ss, Snow random events, semi-full board. I played Ramos as usual, while NE played the Victorias. The game went back and forth multiple times, ending in a one turn overtime with an engaged Hans finally (after trying and failing the prior turn) breaking away and shooting an injured arachnid. Neither one of us won our strategy, but an awesome game with an epic finish.

That's one of my favorite games in any game system or experience.

In the second or third turn I nearly threw in the towel because you were raping me up and down (killing Bishop and Ronin with me not having a lot to brag about in return). Then I win initiative with Taelor starting in btb with your Steamborg, cards finally go my way when I need them to, and she single-handedly takes the 'Borg from fresh to scrap. You take her out on your activation. Mine, again, and I activate the Viktorias and their Student of Conflict, give the swordmistress fast and do their yo-yo with the Swordmistress into Ramos with +2 damage on the spell from the bounty huntress version to cut him down, attack Joss, whirlwind into a Gamin that deep freezes her ass. Awesome stuff.

She falls.

Joss falls.

Just a turn or two later and all that's left standing is Hans and an Arachnid. Once you closed in on me and we kept flipping the Snowstorm, I just couldn't take the spider out.

Officially a tie, but the game was yours despite my third quarter comback. Given long enough that arachnid would have chewed through my Hans.

• 2 weeks later...

Russ and I will be coming to this Tues. gaming. I have Arcanists and 2 games under my belt. I have read through the rules and have a good grasp. I can play up to about 50ss but would like to play 30ss as we are talking about a tourney coming up.

Russ has about the same experience, plays Neverborn, but has a smaller army which will be expanded when he raids the RIW pantry.