Hunters of the Dead

EricJ

These guys are brutal, as they should be. Even against highish wp they can still lock them away for a turn. They're as badass as they look!

They can be badass, but mostly with a gun that puts out pretty decent damage.

The pine box is awesome, no doubt, but the ability takes (2) ap which means that the Death Marshal has to get into btb contact with the opposing model and then wait a turn. If that model hasn't activated or activates before the DM next turn, it'll be tough to pull off.

It'll surely happen, but not with a ton of regularity. I'm banking on the threat of the Pine Box to do more work than the actual casting of pine box.

I suppose, they're just waiting for that fluffed charge though eh? I also just noticed there doesn't seem to be any restriction on who (or what) they can lock in the box, does this mean they can bury my Mire golem should they get the chance? That makes them pretty scary. Just have to make sure they kill each other first I guess....

The pine box is awesome, no doubt, but the ability takes (2) ap which means that the Death Marshal has to get into btb contact with the opposing model and then wait a turn. If that model hasn't activated or activates before the DM next turn, it'll be tough to pull off.

It's proven a pretty potent ability, especially against units that won't stay dead. If the Mire Golem charges this guy and he survives, he can Pine Box the bastard and not have to worry about all that regeneration and crap.

It's proven a pretty potent ability, especially against units that won't stay dead. If the Mire Golem charges this guy and he survives, he can Pine Box the bastard and not have to worry about all that regeneration and crap.

!!!

If the Mire Golem charges this guy with a Df of 4 and 6 wounds and the DM survives, then the Golem deserves to be put in a pine box.

It is a potent ability. Especially on a 4 SS model! It just won't happen a lot. Which is as it should be, I think, otherwise we'd all be clamoring that it's broken (and the opposing model does get to defend against it, don't forget).

Also, no, there's no restriction on what you can Pine Box other than no Death Marshal can get boxed that we know of. Even Masters can get boxed. :)

Charges also cost (2) AP so you cannot charge and Pine Box the same activation.

Yes, I agree, it's one of those things that will likely force your enemy to deal with the Death Marshal before anyone else, because with their high Wp, they have the ability to pull of pine box on anyone.

But like said, it's tough to get off, as you can't even walk up to someone and cast it. Now if only there were some way to reactivate them....we'll have to look into that ;)

Still waiting to be pine boxed. Sarr, the challenge has been laid before you. I know it's only a matter of time until fate turns against me, but so far, I just laugh at the DM's. Well, unless they're in my crew. I find them to be much more useful than Witchlings most of the time. ;)

Or the Marshalls have to have a way to move outside there activation. Like Perditas obey spell.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought you couldn't Pine Box the Mire Golem due to Immune to Influence.

Has anyone thought of a use for Pine Boxing your own models? This might be a good (if not funny) way to get a friendly model from point A to point B without being attacked by your opponent. :P

I thought you couldn't Pine Box the Mire Golem due to Immune to Influence.

Has anyone thought of a use for Pine Boxing your own models? This might be a good (if not funny) way to get a friendly model from point A to point B without being attacked by your opponent. :P

First part of your post is correct. No throwing the Mudman in the box.

And it figures that you would think about that tactic for piggybacking a model in the box! :dance: