Post Baba Yaga and the Zoraidiaest pix you got

TheLemondropDan

My appreciation for Zoraida is well known, and I was researching one of her influences, Baba Yaga. Baba Yaga has an amazingly rich background, with lots of fun little details that surround her.

- Her well known chickenlegged hut is only just big enough to fit her, and has no windows or doors, only a keyhole made of teeth.

- The chickenlegged hut is typically surrounded by a fence made of bone with skulls on each "post", save one-- that one's for you!

- She rides a mortar and pestle, much like the sterotyical witch rides a broomstick.

- Her favorite flower is a blue rose, favorite lunch: children.

- Controls invisable servants, and is associated with mysterious color-coded riders (?)

Also attached: fun baba pix.

You guys should totally make a chicken-legged hut mini-- put it on a 50mm base, and it should be ready to go! It is supposed to be smallish.

post-1792-13911920442255_thumb.jpg

post-1792-13911920442873_thumb.jpg

post-1792-13911920443016_thumb.jpg

I did admittedly use a lot of influences from the stories in creating Zoraida as well as one of her minions *cough* hooded rider.

You missed the whole crow/raven thing, but that could jsut be in some stories where she's able to transform into a cat, a snake, and a raven...but for practical purposes we just did the raven in her stats :D

Look for a nice chicken-legged item at gencon ;)

I knew I was forgetting something! I've always liked the character of Baba Yaga quite a bit. She was a big part of my decision to get involved with Wyrd. Gremlins were up there too. I really like how the crow ability was implemented. It used to be way too complicated, and it's elegant as anything now.

I really think we have a good game going here.

Oh, and to keep the pictures coming, I'm going to post a little WIP of my Zoraida.

You'd better take lots of pictures of that gencon hut! I'm hoping for a terrain thralls update, too.

post-1792-13911920443523_thumb.jpg

Very nice. I almost wish she'd kept the 40mm. I'd have so much more space for her. Love the skin, I ended up doing something similar for the gremlins. She's so fun to paint.

I made her yellow to correspond with the advanced stages of acute liver failure. She already had the swollen belly, so all I had to do was add the veins, and the gradual lightening of the jaundice further from the face.