I found this page

redstripe

“In the alchemical texts that exemplified prescience in the sixteenth century, metaphor was used in place of technical formula. For example, the element of quicksilver was attributed to the fleet-footed god, Mercury. Similarly, the element was associated with the planet Mercury and its activities in the heavens.

“I find it a fascinating occurrence that such a similar allegory developed independently in Persia and in Malifaux. The texts I’ve been given to translate make frequent reference to an entity called “The Grave Spirit,” which seems to be associated with a red star that hangs near the horizon in this world. I believe I have identified this star and it’s exciting to me to see this similar link between our species.

“This “Grave Spirit” is an energy or substance required in a great many of these allegorical formulas. The majority of these formulas seem intended to reanimate the dead or to communicate with the spirits of the dead. These amazing feats are described so casually, as if they were basic skills any practitioner of Old Malifaux would know. Until I decipher this allegory, these feats will still be beyond our ability.”

Excerpt from “The Philosophy of Uncertainty”

Written by Phillip Tombers

Does this belong to any of you Resurrectionists?

I thought we had the copies of that book under lock and key. It must be time to "remind" our Guild Guards about the importance of keeping such things from slipping out.

[out of character]I'm leaving Gen Con with the Nicodem starter, and probably Sybelle and another pack of belles to go with Seamus and his ladies that already live at my place.[/out of character]

Very nice bit of fiction, I approve. Considering the time period and setting of Malifaux I believe there should be some stories/fiction that reflect the 19th century's boundless energy and scientific outlook when examining world and this one feels along those lines.

The books seems like a first edition, as in written in ink, by the author. Maybe it's one of a kind. You really should take better care of your books, Angel.

We've got some of our best agents still looking into that business with that young woman at the funeral. We shouldn't also have to babysit our guards. And while we're...

Would you please keep it down? I'm trying to have a conversation here. What are you moaning abou-AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

The books seems like a first edition, as in written in ink, by the author. Maybe it's one of a kind. You really should take better care of your books, Angel.

Yes... Written in "ink". Never mind that or the strange leather like pages. It's clear that some crazy kids must have stole that from a local tomb and clearly not from the Guild. I would recommend you hand it over to your local mortician and he will gladly find its proper home.

Yes... Written in "ink". Never mind that or the strange leather like pages. It's clear that some crazy kids must have stole that from a local tomb and clearly not from the Guild. I would recommend you hand it over to your local mortician and he will gladly find its proper home.

It does smell a bit like gravedirt, now that you say that.

I believe there should be some stories/fiction that reflect the 19th century's boundless energy and scientific outlook when examining world and this one feels along those lines.

Phillip and The Philosophy of Uncertainty are two things you'll discover more about when Malifaux is finally released.