Your Weird Name at Wyrd

i must have missed this thread... When Inquisitor first came out (i had only just become a red-shirt!) i used to make some Horrible conversions and my fellow red-shirt, Ian, called me "Greenstuff Gav" as an insult from the sickening amounts of greenstuff slapped everywhere... and, like poorly mixed greenstuff, the name stuck :)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, I like Terry Pratchett and thought Dangerous Beans (from The Amazing Morice and his Educated Rodents) was a cool name. Originally I wanted to call my firstborn this but wasn't allowed. Now he's going to be called Scamper, although I've yet to put that to vote. (this is hopefully a llllloooooonnnnggg way off btw, but it helps to plan ahead!)

edit: Also I like beans, and am highly dangerous.

I use dangeroubeans on warpig forums.

Nightgaunt comes from Lovecraft. They are just cool and wierd creatures. I had been using it in computer games for a while when I got into forums. 98c is my first paintball gun, a Tippmann 98 custom. And nightgaunt is always taken, so 98c differentiates me from the rest.

Some Dooshbag (yes, SP I know) that hits on one of my best friends goes by "Godsend" or GodSend. He is a very egotistical white trash muscle head from what I've seen. Then, my friend and I were joking about it when making new GamerTags, I was gona be GodSpeed and he was gona be GodsPeed. Of course with some number or alteration to make it work.

On top of that, I have had a few things in my life that it took well wishing and a bit of luck to come out on top of.

Mine came about when I was in the Marines. I was stationed in California @ Camp Pendleton going to SOI (School of Infantry) and my troop handler (who's name I will leave out of this) would wake us up every morning saying "How are my little toad's doing this morning...are we going to be ready for war today?" Little did I know that would be true in just a short little while when I was sent to the 1st Gulf War! When I made my email it just pooped into my head...little did I know that Rackham would make a mini with that name? Which by the way is my most prized mini!

Tyrant did not actually come from ego, but instead from a mix of Warhammer 40,000 and Star Wars. When Attack of the Clones came out, I really like the character Count Dooku (Or Darth Tyranus), and at the same time, I had recently picked up my first Hive Tyrant for a tyranid force I was working on, and it quickly became my favorite model. So when I went to make my email address a while back, I thought that Tyrant was fitting, and I've stuck to it since.

Mine started a long time ago. I make small things (gs, custom casting, painting, terrain, etc). I used to do a TON of commission work, but have tried to do less, as I was so busy painting and working other people's stuff, that by the time I came around to my own stuff... I was just under motivated. So my name is also my 'job description'. It's the same here as on Dakka, Privateer, AWC, Warseer, etc, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Well mine is pretty obvious and totally unoriginal. I gave up minis and hadn't played with anything or painted in 5-6+ years. Then I saw Perdita on CMON and found Wyrd. I loved that model so damn much I had to buy it. Then I decided to join the forum. I never used any forums or really knew how they worked. If I had known how involved I'd get, I may have spent more than 30 seconds coming up with a name. It's a little femine, but I'm not to worried about that kinda thing.

@ r2-j1 : Ever listen to RJD2? Great DJ/Producer that went the same way you did with a name.

Just wanted to emphasize this one. RJD2 really is awesome.