"Scale Sticks" by Mississinewa

Scale Stick

ams001.jpg

This is a scale stick to be used for comparative photographs of miniatures. It is designed to fit neatly beside the base of most miniatures with pointers extending outward from each of the numbered demarkations. The stick is marked at common values used for measuring miniatures at 6mm, 15mm, 25mm, 28mm, 30mm, 35mm and 40mm with the last pointer at 45mm not numbered. It is cast in lead free pewter and supplied unpainted. The one I have been using is simply spray painted black with the raised numbers lightly sanded to remove the paint. Though some variation in length may occur due to the soft tooling of spin-cast molds, we have taken the greatest care to make sure the devise is accurate within one half of one millimeter from 0mm to 45mm. The idea is to simply place this tool beside a miniature when taking photos to let others get a pretty good estimation of the actual size of the miniature in the photo. You can see this in use in most of the photos in my store. .

Scale Stick sold as single model for $5.00 each

Link:

http://www.missminiatures.com/

Uh...okay...didn't expect this one :D

Rulers are hard to stand on end beside minis, and some minis just won't lie on their backs right, especially the more dynamically posed of them. This is just easier to pose and has only the numbers mini-acficionados are familiar with. Good idea for mini-makers and/or sculptors.

:thumb:

better than someone sticking a coin next to the piece,.. That annoys the hell out of me... yes we know minis are tiny....

rulers are fine.. I can see some peiople finding a use for these though at leastif they are on the base with the mini it saves having people put the ruler 3-4 " behind the mini rendering any onscreen comparison worthless.

I quite like them. It saves on the 'trying to keep the ruler upright, not wobbling and at arms length whilst taking a non-blurry photo' exercise. There might be a more obvious way but I'm one of those people who tend to overlook the blindingly obvious and come up with some innately difficult method... :stupid:

Whats wrong with a ruler? These aren't scales, but sizes. And sizes are just as well measured with a ruler.

But now you can do CONVERSIONS. When was the last time you converted a ruler?

If I had any talent, I'd pick up one of these sticks and enter it in a painting contest.

Ah, yes! Duende is right Capitialism FTW!

Capitalism is nothing but a red herring!