FF is OFF to Alaska ... brrrrrr!

Hey folks,

As some of you might know from this last year, my job requires that I fly about and do some work out of state at times, the last two being Florida and Nevada. This time about I'm being shipped off to Anchorage, Alaska as of this upcoming Saturday for two to three months.

Now, things shouldn't change much around here other than the fact that I'm not going to be in the hub of all things Wyrd which means that I've got some other folks coming in to make certain that everything runs as smoothly as possible while I'm not around 'as much'.

What does 'as much' mean, basically I won't have computer access throughout the day to keep up on the site nor will I be on hand to do all the shipping. Packages will still go out as normal though there may be a day or two of delay where there wasn't before and e-mails and PM's WILL get responded to but just might take a touch longer to get a handle on.

So basically not a huge change that anyone will notice, just there will be some delays here and there in my responses and to make certain that the board and server is going alright I'll be handing over the keys to EricJ, Supervike and Valloa to make certain that we don't have an implosion on the server and that it takes a day or two for me to find out and holler at the server gawds.

In the mean time, we've got four or five new releases that'll be making an appearance over the next week or so and we've just master cast two REALLY fun pieces which I think are going to raise some eyebrows (the beta testers got a sneak peak and their reaction was ... positive. :D). On top of that we'll continue with our contests and the like as we always do.

Oh, and if anyone happens to be up in Anchorage, Alaska and wants to get together for a drink or three, feel free to holler at me, I'll be the one shivering over in the corner wondering just why the heck I'm blue ...

Anyhow, off to get things in order and to dash around like a crazy chicken.

Have a good time! I used to have family in that area and it was always very interesting to visit. Usually the weather is actually pretty darn good in that neck of the woods. Its more towards spring when you have to worry about getting enough snow that you need to winch a snow blower up onto your roof to remove the 6ft drifts before the roof caves in:) There are some real interesting pictures in the family photo album of my great uncle doing that job.

Komabai

hope you like snow, as accoridng to my folks, its been snowing and running for the last week. Expect that people can't drive, the roads will be slick, and that the its kinda yucky. I used to live up there and was up there not to long ago. but be prepared, thanksgiving weeked will be COLD(think sub-zero), but try to get out before January as january get really cold (like -35 or so)

Hopefully they have you flying through seattle rather than detroit as the 8 hr flight from detroit to alaska sucks

I absolutely love the level of communication within this community/company! I must have just had a horrid experience with communication at my previous minis company, or else the communication here really is that good.

This is the sort of announcement that isn't necessary at all, but instead shows a good sense of appreciation from the company to the customer. Chances are if Nathan didn't say anything we would have never even realized he was in Alaska.

I tried to come up with some corny joke about Rasputina to throw into the mix, but I've got nothing...

Have a safe trip

In Alaska, what's the difference between a soccer mom and an Arcanist?

Nathan thought for more than 2 seconds before introducing Rasputina into the Wyrd line?

Rasputina brings more to the table than lip stick, a smile, and a wink?

Rasputina is qualified to lead her warband into whatever endeavor they face?

...am I on the right track?

The real question is how are they similar?

They will both need some serious magic to win :)

thanks, I'll be here all night ;)

Edited by thetang22

Wow, that's quite a trip! Hope you get chances to see some sights and so on. And I also hope you aren't too shocked by the weather difference. I'm not sure I'm even so eager to go back to a Toronto hugging-the-border-lake-makes-things-milder winter after six years in Tennessee, nevermind something as hardcore as from the South to Alaska!

1/ Enjoy the snow, the polar bears and the penguins.

2/ Hope it won't finish as a 30 Days of Night thriller.

3/ Ask for Hawai next time.....it's warmer

Take care.

Eric

Thankfully he won't have to worry about the penguins as they are a South Pole creature. If they populated both poles I would fear for FF's safe return. Death by penguin is how FF is fated to die!

Off on Saturday, its been a right nightmare getting ready for it between getting Wyrd on automatic here and picking up the supplies I'm going to need for heading out - oooh joy!

Didn't step on any toes though so I can't complain when its colder than heck up there as I volunteered to run up that way as I'm part of that breed called 'greedius bastardus' ...

Sorry if I haven't been on much to chatter, hope that should clear up here in the very near after I get in and settled down.