Anima Tactics Newest Releases

More Anima Tactics Love 'em? Hate 'em? Indifferent about them all?

I gotta admit I like them but I'm a anime geek. :D

Samiel, The Black Lion - Dark Faction

The Black Leon of Abel is the most tenebrous agent of Elisabetta Bearded. Feeding themselves on the same death and directing a legion of ghostly beasts, one soul torn between a dark destiny is tortured that him force to kill to live and its own culpability. (another weird translation from Spanish by Babelfish)

FFGCS2012.jpg

Cordelia Rosalind- Dark Faction

The Rosalind Baroness is, most likely, the best sniper of Gaïa. She herself ignores the reach of her abilities, or why it is to him so easy to work with arms of arcane technology, but its aim is simply cruel.

In fact, it must to that by its veins the Old Blood of Sólomon runs that belonged to the division battle of own Andromalius Emperor, which has harnessed its senses at impossible levels. (translation from Spanish by Babelfish)

FFGCS2011.gif

Saint Astraege - Light Faction

Saint Astraega is the youngest person ever sanctified by the church. Often called the Saint Child, her control over the Tarod Arcana gives her unprecedented powers in assisting her companions in battle. (This one was actually in English!)

FFGCS1011_green_.jpg

***EDIT***

If interested, here's the original Spanish descriptions for the first two:

Samiel - El León Negro de Abel es el más tenebroso agente de Elisabetta Barbados.

Alimentándose de la misma muerte y dirigiendo una legión de bestias fantasmales, es una torturada alma desgarrada entre un oscuro destino que le fuerza a matar para vivir y su propia culpabilidad.

Rosalind - La baronesa Rosalind es, muy probablemente, la mejor francotiradora de Gaïa. Ella misma ignora el alcance de sus habilidades, o por qué le resulta tan fácil trabajar con armas de tecnología arcana, pero su puntería es simplemente inhumana.

En realidad, ello se debe a que por sus venas corre la Sangre Antigua de Sólomon que perteneció a la división de combate del propio Emperador Andromalius, lo que ha potenciado sus sentidos a niveles imposibles.

Edited by Duende

maybe its me but looking at the sculpt, Rosalind's legs seem to be a bit elongated either that or she's wearing some serious platforms.

Are you familiar with anime/manga girls at all? Unbelievely long legs is practically a staple of the chickies. Not any more or less "believeable" than her casually carrying around a gun that looks like it should weigh twice as much as she does!

Call it artistic license. ;)

I have yet to see an Anima Tactics mini that appeals to me. I think the style they're going for lends itself very poorly to miniatures of this size. What looks sleek and elegant in the concept drawings look clumsy, stiff and awkward in the miniatures. I'm not a fan!

I'm with Ritual. They would make great 54mm pieces. At this size they tend to look awkward and fiddlly.

While I do like some of the Anima sculpts, I admit that the difference between concept picture and end result is a little disappointing sometimes. It'd be interesting to see what they could do at a larger scale.

I really like Cordelia from this group, though I'm trying to think if there's something I could convert that gun to. I'm not sure my de/resculpting talents are up to the challenge of ungunning that.