The Movies Thread

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, saw spiderwick over the weekend, and it was fun, nothing amazing and I have a feeling people who read the book might not like it so much. However, the kid had a very "keanu-esque" delivery to his lines, you know, half exhale before starting to speak and go until out of breath... Maybe I'm just oversensitive, Casey didn't notice it, but still, was good fun.

Both those Hellboy animated are fantastic! Great stories, great art, and the same folks do the voice as in the 'live action'. Enjoyable!

Duende....what did you think of Cloverfield?

We went and saw it this weekend (although I already watched it on internet)....I really dig the movie. Cheesy monster goodness at its best.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That Forbidden Kingdom looks fairly promising. It will most likely be tarnished by cheesy comedy and bad acting, but it should definitely be a visual spectacle of great proportions. Yuen Woo Ping was listed as stunt coordinator in the credits, so the fighting sequences should be spectacular. It seems they have nicked some ideas from "The Bride With the White Hair", but as that's a really cool film I don't mind.

That Forbidden Kingdom looks fairly promising. It will most likely be tarnished by cheesy comedy and bad acting, but it should definitely be a visual spectacle of great proportions. Yuen Woo Ping was listed as stunt coordinator in the credits, so the fighting sequences should be spectacular. It seems they have nicked some ideas from "The Bride With the White Hair", but as that's a really cool film I don't mind.

Forbidden Kingdom opened last week here in the US. It was done a a parody/tribute to the Kung-fu movies of yore, with "The Bride with White Hair" video actually appearing in the movie. As an action movie it did quite well and would be on my list of movies to buy the dvd for.

Well I'v no idea what Mr. Jackson is going on about there. Might go see the film, might not, it hasn't really excited me TBH.

And if it is a choice between that and the new Joy Division documentary, I know what i'd rather go see.

But Joy Division is only getting a limited release at small cinemas, hopefully the Tyneside cinema will get it in.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2v4UwEiO-g]YouTube - "Joy Division" documentary Trailer[/ame]